Need Information About Thai Marriage

How to get married?

How to stay married?

How to stay in Thailand?

How to emigrate to your country?

Are you already married?

We really do not know what information you need. And your nationality may help to answer whatever you do want to know. Most Embassies have the basic information.

@ Above,

I want to ask from you, I already have NON IMMIGRANT ED Visa and I want to change it into Marriage VISA Non-Immigrant "O".

I am going to marry in JUNE 2011. So i want to know about Requirement to get Marriage Visa.

I knew some requirements ;

1) You must need to marry Thai national

2) Have no criminal record

3) 400,000 Thai Baht in Bank Account / Salary per month 40,000

( is it true you need to show money 400,000 Thai baht, if yes, is it necessary that 400,000 Thai baht should be in bank for 3 months before apply for marriage visa?????)

Kindly tell me about more requirements?????

2nd thing I want to ask

1) Can i buy condo, land or start business on marrige visa?

2) Can I work on Marriage visa or not?

3) if i get marriage visa and Then after every 3 months is it necessary to cross border to get new extension or Could i get extension inside thailand without leaving border?

4) is it TRUE, that if you want to apply for marriage visa ist time inside thailand you must need to have Non Immigrant visa of any category????

5) how long it take to get Thai nationality 3 years or 5 years and is it true you must have work or pay taxes during 3 and 5 years???

Regards

Ok if anyone know about this tell me. about Thai Marriage

I am confuse about this requirement of thai marriage visa;

400,000 Thai Baht in Bank Account / Salary per month 40,000

( is it true you need to show money 400,000 Thai baht, if yes, is it necessary that 400,000 Thai baht should be in bank for 3 months before apply for marriage visa?????)

and some people says the rule 400,000 thai baht in bank account is now closed. ?????? is it true

1. There is no such visa - being married to a Thai only allows the issue of a normal non-immigrant O visa allowing up to 90 day stay. But if you qualify that stay can be extended by Immigration. If not a multi entry version valid for one year of 90 day stays can be obtained in Kuala Lumpur if proof of 100k in bank and marriage is shown.

2. To extend both must visit immigration and foreign male must show 400k in bank account in Thailand for 2 months or income of 40k per month. Other paperwork showing marriage/living place photos/passport/arrival card/wife ID card/wife home register/map to residence and perhaps other items with a TM.7 form filled out with a 4x6cm photo attached and payment of 1,900 baht (repeat each year).

3. Foreigners can not own land in Thailand. You can work if you obtain a work permit first (most jobs would not allow such a permit to be issued).

4. Citizenship (or even PR) is not automatic and requires extension commitment to both Thailand and wait. For the last four years few have even been processed. And, although with spouse it can be lower, normal requirement is job paying 80k per month and tax records on that. A good long term goal but far from done deal. Read the pinned topic on PR at top of page for more details.

5. You obtain extension of stay inside Thailand. For visas you visit a Consulate outside Thailand.