New Sheriff In Town ? U Don'T Know?

ThePunPun

Hey to the gang that knows everything.

I have been asked twice now about some new cider that is in town. Can anybody tell me about it????

Is it just an apple juice type of drink or does it have some ummmpppph to it ????

They said that its not a Lotus or Rimping kind of thing.

Be interested if anyone knows more about it..... Good cider brings back some very painful thoughts, but now 50 yrs later the pain has worn off.....

Thanks for any input guys.

B)

Its possibly this one brewed in Pattaya: http://www.tropicalcider.com/

That's the stuff. It's in the UN Irish Pub and Miguels Express, and probably in the other Miguels. It's in a number of other bars also, but I don't know which ones. If I remember correctly it is 5.5% alcohol, so comparable to the local beer in strength. They make both a sweet and a dry version.

Edited by heybruce

Anybody know the name, or is there only one cider ??

G

I think the two mentioned would be imported.

It's called Tropical Nuclear Cider. There's a sweet and a dry version of it.

If you get in touch with Pedr at The Olde Bell he will be able to point you in the right direction with regards to getting it as he stocks it.

Sorry.... I checked the link,,,, better late than never

Is it the Tropical Nuclear Cider ???

I see that Pedr mentioned something about new laws that say what ???

You cannot advertise that you have it or can't discuss it, or have to be hush hush about it.

Is it only pertaining to this cider?

G

There is only one Cider worthy of drinking and that is Strongbow

you've never had stowford press then?

Couldn't agree more! Wish i could find the Stowford Press here in CM. Then again, maybe it's best I don't lol.

Strongbow & Dry Blackthorne are a very poor substitute for this brand, in fact they aren't even in the same league!

Couldn't agree more! Wish i could find the Stowford Press here in CM. Then again, maybe it's best I don't lol.

Strongbow & Dry Blackthorne are a very poor substitute for this brand, in fact they aren't even in the same league!

i dont know I think Bulmers has them beat. Unfortunately it's impossible to find bulmers here in Surin. Falang connection used to have it, no more. Really miss it, dont think we will get this new cider up here either not the same without Martin. (RIP Martin)

Maybe I will have to make a trip to cha am, good excuse to go to the beach for a little holiday.

Bars are buying it for between 50 - 55 baht a bottle. (Small bottles)

I have seen some bars selling it for as much as 95 baht.

Getting it to about 70 ish, would be a good start.

They won't do that WP in case you ID yourself and get a discount....then their profit margin would be too low.

As I see it some places are caught between a rock and a hard place. Places without discount will be able to mark it up cheaper than those that offer discount.....I think. huh.gif

Wouldn't say that. Stowford Press and Strongbow are very similar and two great Hereford products (;)), though I also prefer Stowford. Poor substitutes would be something like Woodpecker or Scrumpy, but each to their own.