Chaing Mai Amari Rincome

HonoluluJimmy

Got fooled by the Amari marketing people.....I expected this to be on the Amari level but the place is old, tattered, and not what it looked like on the Amari web site.

It's an O.K. place but is you look at the paper work it is a Nippa property. Nippa, as many know is an old Thai company in the likes Nova Lodge in Pattaya etc. The A.Rincome is really more like that, oh they Amari printed allover of toilet articels and sigsn etc but don't expect an Amari.....

I have some friends heading to CNX soon and have recommenede they change to the Sheraton ( much better location and really a nice hotel for not all that much more Baht!). If your a Sanuker CNX is not a hot spot but very nice.

Tip, there is a really good Thai eattery across the street from the Amari Rincome.

open 11 to 11 and really good. Make sure you say not hot, they are Thai Style.

Here her ######. the rydges hotel is great. New and well located near Tapae Gate.(part of the old walled city). But why stay at hotels when there are absolutely loads of guesthouses around that are very nice. One such animal is Peoples Place which is very close the Anusarn Market and and easy walk to the night bazaar area. It is very spotless and clean. It is run like a hotel and would rate 1 star due to the fact it is very basic. But it is cheap, safe, quiet, convenient, clean and friendly. the staff dont speak fluent English but enough. Most rooms are twins but there are some doubles as well you canrequest. The beds are firm but ok with spotless crisp sheets and blankets. Rooms have air con, fan, and the bathroomns have those hot water thingys on the wall which dribble out a reasonable amount of hot water. they do a basic breakfast downstairs each morning or you can pop into Anusarn Market for the stalls that set up there selling Thai breakfasts and coffees etc. Another hotel worth considering and around the 1000 baht per night range is Royal Lanna. It is like a 3 star hotel, quite tall, great views to the mountains from higher floors, has a pool, restaurant etc and is spitting distance to the night bazaar. You can easily walk over to Riverside if you want to boogie and drink. I stayed here one time and was impressed with the view to Doi Suthep fromthe 10th floor.

Guest IT Manager

I have a number of reasons for enjoying Rydges. High speed wireless Internet access comes to mind, a beautifully equipped business centre with a secretarial service and printing, faxing etc, private offices for rent on a day by day basis, which is my big thing as a small business running from home, I can meet clients there, get cheap room rates for them, relax in the pool, eat at the restaurant etc.

There is talk of a Businessmens Club where you can get good rates on all sorts of stuff, like office rental, rooms for guests/visitors/clients, discount meals at the restaurant etc.

Many people don't want guest house style familiarity, the more formal, organised, all-there-as-you-need set up works well for my needs.

Good question however. I always send my brothers who are quite kee nio to guest houses so I don't have to talk to them early in the morning when they come here to check up on me.

• 2 months later...

We like to use the Amari as day-visitors , for a day at the pool (100B) and their excellent lunch-time buffet , hightly recommended food and nice traditional music ! My kids love the topiary elephant & bird-cages.

Lobby & restaurant are fine too - but I must admit the rooms are past their best.