Tgf Holiday Visa.

Dear All,

In March 2004 my Tgf is going to apply for a VAF1 holiday visa to the UK.

I met my TGF last year and everything has been going really well,ive met the family and shes back in the village working with her family on a orchid farm.

The work she does is only part/time and im 100% sure she isnt paying any taxs.

I send her money each month to support her and her kid from her previouse marrage.

We plan on getting married late 2004 in Thailand,but before that i want her to come over and meet my family,All going well she will be in the UK for only 2 wks.

What info should she bring with her when she goes to the UK consulate?

Will i be able to be with her during her interview?

Any info would be great.

Many Thanks

32x :o

Shes 26 and im 34.

Your g/f will need to satisfy the interviewing immigration officer that she will return to Thailand and that she has the means of support whilst in the UK.

Employment details and family commitments (e.g. kid's birth cert.) are useful evidence of a compelling reason to return.

You should also take your bank statements and write a letter stating that you will take full responsibility for her whilst in UK, with address of where she will be staying, when, etc. If you are working in Thailand your employment details or other compelling reason for you to return to Thailand could also be useful.

It should help that you attend the interview with her and the officer will probably want to ask you about your relationship, etc. Tell them that you want her to meet your family prior to proposing marriage to her. They will also interview your g/f alone.

Her case will be considered and she should be asked back again, probably with further questions and maybe further evidence required.

Good luck - she'll probably get further hassle when you arrive in UK with her - accompany her through the "foreign" passport channel.

It'll get easier when you are married.

Many Thanks,

I plan on being there for a month,bring her return flight trickets with me from the UK,so we are on the same flight back.

If they do call her back would it be within the month?

Many Thanks

32x