Best Place To Repair Cbr150

Had my CBR 150 for 4 months(bought it from new) and unfortunately someone run into the back of me today. So after brief visit to hospital...4 hours wasnt to bad, i now need to get it repaired. I am not paying but my question is where am i best to go.

Original Honda Shop or repair guy.

Will the honda shop be able to fix the paintwork damage to fairing or going to have to do this seperately ? Would really prefer to use Honda as i want the bike fully checked over as well. It took quite a whack as i was stationary at time waiting to turn.

Any info Appreciated.

Thanks Ian

Ian, glad your okay but can you let us know where yuo're located?

It will help the more knowledgeable locals give you advice.

My overall advice though, is if it is getting repaired under the others insurance, ensure that you insurance company knows who is handling it and where. They may even have recommendations.

The Honda Service Center.

Yes, they can repair the damaged fairings or so I am told (my bike is scheduled to be picked up next week after repairs, there were slight scratches on both side fairings they told me they could repair it, no need to replace them, they only told me they ordered stickers along with the damaged foot peg and turn light). Hoping they hold true to their word as they haven't disappointed me so far.

A friend had a problem with his front forks and they called in an someone from the factory to check on it (maybe because my friend's dad was a police officer and he was the one who brought the bike in for repairs).

Hope you are well after the accident!

Any Honda dealer should be able to repair/rebuild. Just look for a dealer who has a good sized (and well fitted out) workshop. The labour tends to be very reasonable but they will use alot of original parts, which bumps the bill up. However if insurance is going to pay, no worries. Just make sure the insurer agree to the repair solution (especially with the language differences!!!).

Fairings/plastics can be replaced ready coloured via Honda part numbers; this is the most expensive way, but also will give you original quality replacements; much better than repairing existing fairings/plastics and respraying. I believe the stickers come separate so its up to the repairer to place these right.

Since this is a local Thai bike, repair should be quite reasonable WITH original parts.

You can get a honda cbr parts book on scrib: google: scrib honda cbr150. I think there are three versions of the cbr150 now. Anyway, even if this isnt the right one, it will give you an idea of what parts can be replaced.

Edited by MaiChai

I wonder though, are there any frame sliders available for the newer CBRs (150/250 Fi)?

Nevermind... googled it. Moth has them for around 2,000 baht; fork protectors for around 1,000 baht.

Edited by RED21