Need Advice How Best To Send Money To Buy Family Home

happyjune

We are about to send some funds from abroad to Thailand to buy the land we have been waiting for to build our family home on.

We have been waiting for years now for this particular plot to be available, we got the phone call today, that the shit has hot the fan and the owners family need money today, we will get it for less than 1/3 of the normal market value, so, clearly it is going to be in my wifes name being land, thats fine, I am not interested in putting into a company name etc.

My issue is how to best send it to Thailand, I will be cashing out an investment in my own name and my wife doesn't have a joint account or an account in her own name in that particular country. It will be Intl wire TT to Thailand.

Any advice to avoid issues would be good thanks.

It will be initially in a company name back in western land, it would be easier for me not in that country to send it from the company, I am concerned that will make the letter much harder to say my wife is the owner of the money and the land will be uncontested.

I think, much easier it is sent form the company to me in Thailand, then I deposit into here account.

What is your experience and advice please Thai Visa Guru's.

Totally irrelevant where the money comes from. Nobody ever checks. That is the purpose of the letter, so the officials don't have to check. If you are willing to sign the paper saying the money is sin suan tua of your wife and that it did not originate from your assets or joint marital assets, then they believe you no questions asked. Since you admit it is coming from your investment, you are already lying on that paper. There is no distinction in this case between a little lie and a big lie.

Best way to send the money is just to wire it via SWIFT to wherever it needs to go. Your account, wife's account, or sellers account. All are fine as long as you get the chanote. Nobody checks and nobody cares. Originating from a company or personal account is irrelevant. You will need to appear in person with your wife at the local ampur whenever you get around to updating the name on the chanote. Recommend you do it when you hand over the money.

Congratulations on your purchase. Sounds like you got a great deal.

my wife doesn't have a joint account or an account in her own name in that particular country. It will be Intl wire TT to Thailand.

Just a word of caution

Most banks will only send a SWIFT (wire) transfer to an account in a foreign company in your own name ( ie. no third party wires)

BUT if you speak to them in person they may do it

Good morning people that replied, very nice of you.

I would prefer not sending money from my personal account form the other country, or to my personal account in Thailand, just don't need any unexpected trips back home in winter to explain things, which has happened before. I would like to keep it all third party,

I am worried that if a company form abroad or I transfer the money to a friend or family who sends it to Thailand, then the Thai Gov will want them to come to Thailand to sign a form to say the money is my wifes when she buys land and house.

regards, Happy June jap.gif

I would prefer not sending money from my personal account form the other country, or to my personal account in Thailand, just don't need any unexpected trips back home in winter to explain things, which has happened before. I would like to keep it all third party,

I am worried that if a company form abroad or I transfer the money to a friend or family who sends it to Thailand, then the Thai Gov will want them to come to Thailand to sign a form to say the money is my wifes when she buys land and house.

Why would they do that? It's only the husband who has to declare that he has no interest in the property and that it's his wife's.

And the Land Office doesn't need to see where the money came from in the first place, unless you're putting a condo in a foreign name.

Great but please let us know how you were eventually able to transfer the money to make the purchase, via a third party

Wow. 66 + percent off if you buy today!

But wait, there's more! Order in the next hour and we'll include two water buffalo and a manure spreader!

"Operators" are standing by!

2/3 off.............i hate to break it to op but something really smells. why dont sellers sell for 70% of real value?

i think wife is pulling a fast one on op.............the reditribute wealth thing that thais believe so much in.

tell hubby think land is worth $30,000 when it is worth $10,000. seller happy , wife happy ,hubby happy- not knowing what really went down!

he probably is looking at the bright side though! he is getting good value on something he cant own............cant get any better than that :lol::lol:

Edited by chooch7

Wow. 66 + percent off if you buy today!

But wait, there's more! Order in the next hour and we'll include two water buffalo and a manure spreader!

"Operators" are standing by!

Yep, it starts to sound dodgy when its an offer for today only. Buying and selling land here just doesn't happen that quickly. I don't know how, but you would be really well advised, to check out the details. Especially who owns the land now. and who will own it. This could be a transfer between family members ??!! - with your considerable help. STOP, THINK, FORGET YOUR EMOTIONAL ATTACHMENT, INVESTIGATE, ACT, and when in doubt say no.

2/3 off.............i hate to break it to op but something really smells. why dont sellers sell for 70% of real value?

i think wife is pulling a fast one on op.............the reditribute wealth thing that thais believe so much in.

tell hubby think land is worth $30,000 when it is worth $10,000. seller happy , wife happy ,hubby happy- not knowing what really went down!

he probably is looking at the bright side though! he is getting good value on something he cant own............cant get any better than that :lol::lol: