True Wifi Connection Drops All The Time

bangkokmaid

Hello,

I have a strange problem with my home True connection. I have a newish MacBook Pro and I connect online through a dlink 2640bt wireless router. I bought this router only a few weeks ago and every since I've been having problems where my internet connection would drop like 10 times per day! I'm using Safari and when I try to connect to a website I get a message saying that "Safari can’t establish a secure connection to the server" but the site I am going it is not a secure site, just simple like apple.com I can not connect on both my MacBook Pro and my iPhone but my friends PC can connect no problem.

Any ideas on what the problem is? Is it the router? A DNS issue? A security issue?

your friends PC is also connected to the same True Router ?

i had semilar problems with a wifi router before, it turned out the firmware on the router is not compatible to singapore or thailand at all ..

well your problem seems to be a little little bit more complex, can be plexing settings, adsl settings or simply cable quality ..

on site quick to sort out

Strange, I have exactly the same problem:

A TPLink access point and a WindowsPC and a MacBookPro running side by side. The MacBookPro is constantly loosing connection to the WiFi, while the WindowsPC has no problems. Neither does the mobile phone.

My ISP is TOT, though, so I guess it's not ISP related.

All I can do is reset the wireless Access Point and then the MacBook pro reconnects (most of the time).

I have no clue what is my problem, but looks similar to the OP's problem. Could it be MacBook Pro related?

I have had a lot of problems with this model. I cannot get it to work with TOT. For some reason after 30 minutes or less it loses connectivity to the ISP gateway, then loses the DNS servers. I have tried everything: flashed the newer versions of firmware (you might try that as some first-hand reports have rev. 1.01 working with True; I have not had a chance to verify that), had the unit repaired at the D-Link repair shop in Panthip (ECS-4th floor) all to no avail.

Some people report this unit working fine on 3BB.

http://www.dlink.co.th/support/support_detail.asp?idproduct=439

This unit has a Broadcom DSL chip.

I do have other units: 3Com, Zyxel, Linksys (3x) working on this DSL line so I know it is not an issue with the line.

Interestingly, I just tried a TP-Link WD 8901G and it displays similar behavior. It appears to be the same unit as the D-Link, based on the management software. The physical packaging is different.

If you could post your DSL line stats, and the log (you'll have to enable it, choose debugging) when your link drops, I might be able to offer some guidance.

I suspect this model is less tolerant of noisy/marginal/over-provisioned lines than others. TP-Link units appear to be equally less-tolerant.