Reset Iphone, Now It Won'T Start

dominique355

I have an iPhone 3Gs, which I wanted to give to a friend, because I have a new phone. So I decided to delete all data before handing over the phone.

In the Setup is a "Reset" function, which is supposed to clear all data from the phone. And that's what I did.

Unfortunately now the phone won't start anymore.

First it took hours to do the reset, which seems to be normal when consulting help, but then it won't restart, just shows the apple logo and that's it.

Has someone had the same experience and how can the phone be saved?

Thanks for any help or tip or address to go.

Alright...so first of all, the reset function does NOT destroy a phone, that's rubbish isn' it? blink.gif

Please specify "it won't start anymore"... the screen stays black? I have the gut feeling that your iPhone is jailbroken and doesn't boot anymore because your jailbreak is gone. huh.gif

Download and install "TinyUnbrella" an kick the phone out of the reste mode.

http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/2010/11/ios-421-released.html

Regards,

Lammbock

Thanks Lammbock. Could you give me some more details please?

Do I have to download TinyUmbrella and then connect the iPhone to the PC so that TinyUmbrella can revive the Phone?

I am a bit at the loss when consulting their web page, I miss the basic information what it actually does and how to use it.

Alright...so first of all, the reset function does NOT destroy a phone, that's rubbish isn' it? blink.gif

Please specify "it won't start anymore"... the screen stays black? I have the gut feeling that your iPhone is jailbroken and doesn't boot anymore because your jailbreak is gone. huh.gif

No,my phone is NOT jailbroken, original iPhone 3Gs.

The present state is that the screen is black except for the Apple logo. Nothing happens, and no reaction to any button pressed.

Tiny Umbrella is for kicking a phone out of a recovery loop in a particular set of circumstances. Doesn't sound like the OP is in such a loop, but she needs to be in recovery mode. OP, if you're not bothered about a jailbreak just connect the phone via USB, open iTunes and put the phone in recovery. If you don't know how to do this, google "how to put iphone in recovery mode." Restore with latest firmware. Job done.

TinyUmbrella saved me once from a similar problem. I've had this happen 2 times now, for both old iPhone 2Gs. However, both were jailbroken. Just kicking it out of whatever weird mode it was in solved the issue.