Thai Version Of "Companies House"

In the UK, there is a government department called Companies House which records the existence of limited companies, whether they're open, wound up, directors details, company accounts etc.. Such company information is available to verify online.

Is there a similar organisation in Thailand where I can find out if a Thai company really exists, and is able to trade under a Ltd heading? I don't expect it to be online, but go on, surprise me!!

If no 'central' organisation allowing public access, how best is it to do this? Could an Accountant find out, maybe?

Go to: http://www.dbd.go.th/corpsearch_test/main.phtml - but it generally only works if you select "begins with" and enter the first word of the company's name. It the gives you a list of all companies that start with that word.

At the DBD office, you can recover the shareholder list, the company registration summary, and various other documents about a company, for a small fee. You can also recover a copy of the company's most recent annual audited financial report. But - all documents are in Thai language, and you generally need the company registration number (which you can get using the on-line search function described above).

Cheers,

Steve

Indo-Siam

Go to: http://www.dbd.go.th...test/main.phtml - but it generally only works if you select "begins with" and enter the first word of the company's name. It the gives you a list of all companies that start with that word.

At the DBD office, you can recover the shareholder list, the company registration summary, and various other documents about a company, for a small fee. You can also recover a copy of the company's most recent annual audited financial report. But - all documents are in Thai language, and you generally need the company registration number (which you can get using the on-line search function described above).

Cheers,

Steve

Indo-Siam

Great - thanks.

As I suspected, the "limited company" I was thinking about dealing with, doesn't actually exist. Another con - by a farang, I might add.