Lao Girl Cut In Half By Fleeing Stolen Porsche: Thai Police

webfact

How does a body get 'cut in half' when hit by a car?

Initial impact is with legs - see damage on front left (right in pic) - legs are thrown forward, torso comes down to impact windscreen - body rotating, lower torso & legs now above screen, upper torso goes through screen - front of roof cuts (very sharp at 160 km/hr) & lower torso thrown to drain. The damage is all there.

They should impound his phone - it will tell them what speed he was doing. My guess is well over 130 -

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does a body get 'cut in half' when hit by a car?

Initial impact is with legs - see damage on front left (right in pic) - legs are thrown forward, torso comes down to impact windscreen - body rotating, lower torso & legs now above screen, upper torso goes through screen - front of roof cuts (very sharp at 160 km/hr) & lower torso thrown to drain. The damage is all there.

They should impound his phone - it will tell them what speed he was doing. My guess is well over 130 -

+1

UPDATE:

Porsche driver who decapitated 17 yr old girl turned himself in; he apologized to her family and said he didn't see her cross the road /TANN

I guess then it will be in tomorrows papers?

The high-speed hit had brutally cut the gir's body in two. The driver abandoned the car in front of a construction site in Om Kret, Pak Kret, Nonthaburi, where a witness confirmed that the tall, long hair murderer called a cab and fled the area on Friday. The investigation team had gathered finger prints on the steering wheel and other evidence which indicated 58 year-old Supachai Taksintwesurb as the main suspect.

Pol. Lt. Col. Bancha suggested the murderer was not the owner of the car but a family member. The suspect had fled and was not present at the site, leaving the authorities no choice but to issue an arrest warrant for the driver.

I think he gave himself up because the BIB were stumbling around like fools chasing thier own tales. Stolen car fleeing, young man, old man, son of owner, not related to family, another family member. the police stories kept changing indicating 100% that they had absolutely no idea what they were doing or where to even start the investigation.

I wouldn't let the thai police assist my 2 yr old with a 9 piece jigsaw puzzle as they would stuff it up and swear black and blue that they have solved it.

I am sure P.C. Santisook could solve it for you. Seen here announcing the arrest of a suspect.

One post excessively derogatory towards Thais deleted.

Surely being excessively derogatory to Thai is just tautology? Well, certainly in the context of this quite appalling case it must be. I'm not commenting on your moderation as such but surely we farang can express ourselves in this thread without the shackles of a decency not exemplified by the sorry piece of shit chickenhead who killed this poor girl and hasn't shown a shred of genuine remorse?

The latest BMW and Audi computer software contained in the engine management system and processor records the engine's performance. I imagine the Porsche system is equally sophisticated and an analysis by Porsche would show peaks of RPM etc and when.

But of course I don't think anyone will be too bothered to look.

No amount of compensation can bring young Miss Thongbai back from her tragic death, but at least it would be some consolation to her devastated family. There's no such consolation for the families of those who are killed on the roads by poor people. The mediated compensation practice in advance of the court case has some merit.

The justice system is often criticised for being criminal-centric in my Ireland and no doubt the wider anglophile world. A surviving victim and/or their family must endure a second ordeal in court reliving the nightmare (possibly under traumatic cross-examination as witness for the state) so that the criminal can be punished. But if you want compensation then you're back to court again for a civil case. In my experience as a victim, the criminal was not well off so any compensation would have hurt his family indirectly, they had no hand act or part in his crime so I didn't sue for damages. I'm not poor so it was enough for me that the state made him do some jail time and I was sick of it dragging on for years.

As for justice for Miss Thongbai (anyone catch her given name?), I can understand a court taking compensation paid to her grieving family into account, and the fact that this was likely an accident, but based on what's been reported so far it was caused at least in part by reckless driving endangering life so the car driver needs to do some jail time.

Incidentally, the BiB may be due some credit here if the perpetrators family planned to spirit him out of the country in a dodge but instead he's now turned himself in and apologised to the family of the victim...

Incidentally, the BiB may be due some credit here if the perpetrators family planned to spirit him out of the country in a dodge but instead he's now turned himself in and apologised to the family of the victim...

You're rather new in Thailand, aren't you?

Yes, but a long time tv lurker. Ok there's two separate issues to it. I accept there is endemic corruption going right to the political top. The BiB may have acted under political pressure, because the panto-politicians don't want a case like this with such potent photos and videos to become a weapon for the red shirts. So call it the last refuge of an optimist, but at least we can see the the BiB can get results if they want to.

I drive Porsche as owner since 1982 and Test drove many fast cars, including, Ferrari and Lamborghini.

But that was in Europe on roads and highways, Autobahn, where you can sometimes speed without having to fear that dogs, cows, buffalos, slow moving 3-wheelers, e-tans ect. or even people cross the road.

So fast cars and motobikes (I drive big sport bikes also, but not in Thailand, the 650 Kawasaki Thai built is enough here) capable of 200+ are much to fast for Thai roads and some of this cars and bikes can run 300+.

So, he drove the car to fast for Thai roads looking at the body damage,

he was unexperienced for sure,

maybe did also something what he should not do driving a car,

did not pay enough attention to the road and

possible it happened what one poster wrote before,

when he overheared a policeman talking in the media.

The young woman was from Lao and just arrived in Thailand,

in Lao they drive on the other side of the road same in Continental Europe, so she looked

maybe first to the left when crossing the road,

but the car came from the right side.

Just a guess, but a possibility.

The driver abandoned the car in front of a construction site in Om Kret, Pak Kret, Nonthaburi, where a witness confirmed that the tall, long hair murderer called a cab and fled the area on Friday.

The only way he's a murderer is if the girl's life could have been saved by promptly driving to a hospital.

Being 'cut in half' is survivable - see Man Cut in Half Lives to Walk Again. However, I rather suspect her head injury would have been fatal or worse.

Fatal hit-and-run accused surrenders

By The Nation

30151913-01.jpg

A Rangsit University student who allegedly killed a young woman in a road incident last Friday, surrendered to police yesterday before being charged with manslaughter and hitandrun, and finally released on bail.

The suspect, who cannot be identified because he is 19 years of age, apologised for hitting and killing 17yearold Khambai Inthilad, a Laotian, before driving a further 10 kilometres and fleeing from the car in panic.

"I was shocked, and did not know what to do.I did not intend to escape," he told reporters. In his initial statement to police, the suspect said the victim abruptly stepped out from a blind spot in front of a parked bus, and he was driving at 120 kph.

The unnamed suspect showed up at Muang Pathum Thani police station wearing a hat and a mask to protect his identity. He was taken to police by his father and a relative, Jaran Thatsiriworrawat, who said the family was sorry for what happened and was ready to be held responsible.

The victim legally entered and resided in Thailand, and is eligible for compensatory payment, as a Thai victim would be under the same conditions, police said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-03-28

By The Nation

30151913-01.jpg

A Rangsit University student who allegedly killed a young woman in a road incident last Friday, surrendered to police yesterday before being charged with manslaughter and hitandrun, and finally released on bail.

The suspect, who cannot be identified because he is 19 years of age, apologised for hitting and killing 17yearold Khambai Inthilad, a Laotian, before driving a further 10 kilometres and fleeing from the car in panic.

"I was shocked, and did not know what to do.I did not intend to escape," he told reporters. In his initial statement to police, the suspect said the victim abruptly stepped out from a blind spot in front of a parked bus, and he was driving at 120 kph.

The unnamed suspect showed up at Muang Pathum Thani police station wearing a hat and a mask to protect his identity. He was taken to police by his father and a relative, Jaran Thatsiriworrawat, who said the family was sorry for what happened and was ready to be held responsible.

The victim legally entered and resided in Thailand, and is eligible for compensatory payment, as a Thai victim would be under the same conditions, police said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-03-28

Either excellent police work or his family has a conscience and decided that to prolong this tragedy any longer would only do more damage.

So Peerapol Thaksinthaweesap,arrives at the police station accompanied by his 'hoodie' mates and is promptly released on bail. No flight risk then?

I hope that he spends the next couple of years looking over his shoulder as there's little likelihood of him spending time where he ought to be.

Edited by ratcatcher

By The Nation

30151913-01.jpg

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-03-28

Either excellent police work or his family has a conscience and decided that to prolong this tragedy any longer would only do more damage.

So Peerapol Thaksinthaweesap,arrives at the police station accompanied by his 'hoodie' mates and is promptly released on bail. No flight risk then?

I hope that he spends the next couple of years looking over his shoulder as there's little likelihood of him spending time where he ought to be.

THe family appear to have "hidden" the guy until they are prepared to face - or rather "arrange" the consequences.

In his initial statement to police, the suspect said the victim abruptly stepped out from a blind spot in front of a parked bus, and he was driving at 120 kph.

I assume the speed limit at the location of the accident was 120 kph. I also assume he was traveling a lot faster than that.

In his initial statement to police, the suspect said the victim abruptly stepped out from a blind spot in front of a parked bus, and he was driving at 120 kph.

I assume the speed limit at the location of the accident was 120 kph. I also assume he was traveling a lot faster than that.

I doubt

I think it is safe to assume that the speed - the fastest allowed in all of Thailand - was chosen for that reason - not because it was the limit where the accident took place.

Admitting to an even higher speed - even if truthfully would certainly jeopardize his chances........

I expect at present the family are trying to find out how much it will cost to make all this go away - just hope the Lao family don't set their sights too low.

How can the owner of a high performance sports car let some 19 year old drive?!?

Red-lining the cold engine and all, and when he says he was doing 120 km/h, it might have been much faster than that.

I read on TV that some farang got into trouble with Thai in-laws when those demanded access to a new BMW car.

Would you have given the keys to your Porsche to some 19 year old who played car video games and thinks the proper

way to handle a high performance engine is to make it scream whenever possible?

Q: What happened to the under age girl who is responsible for killing 9 people in a van?

I wonder whether some ordinary driver would have been allowed to go home...

How can the owner of a high performance sports car let some 19 year old drive?!?

Red-lining the cold engine and all, and when he says he was doing 120 km/h, it might have been much faster than that.

I read on TV that some farang got into trouble with Thai in-laws when those demanded access to a new BMW car.

Would you have given the keys to your Porsche to some 19 year old who played car video games and thinks the proper

way to handle a high performance engine is to make it scream whenever possible?

Q: What happened to the under age girl who is responsible for killing 9 people in a van?

I wonder whether some ordinary driver would have been allowed to go home...

"who is responsible" - PLEASE!!! - what an assumption!

what was in his head?

To get a driver license here.......

A piece of cake.............. I heard they can buy it....

I am sure Many of 'em don't know how to drive well. Swing roundabouts is for example.... They have no idea how to do it .... I almost hit some of those who ain't know how to swing roundabouts.....

Do you guys have similar experience?

and I want to hear anything from Laos' Gov.....for their own civilian get killed by a road accident in LOS.

Edited by dunkin2012

what was in his head?

To get a driver license here.......

A piece of cake.............. I heard they can buy it....

I am sure Many of 'em don't know how to drive well. Swing roundabouts is for example.... They have no idea how to do it .... I almost hit some of those who ain't know how to swing roundabouts.....

Do you guys have similar experience?

and I want to hear anything from Laos' Gov.....for their own civilian get killed by a road accident in LOS.

THere are some ridiculous comments here about "red lining" etc - we don't know what happened - and as this is Thailand we probably never will.It would be nice though to see some intelligent comments.

look at what we DO know and see logically what might happen.

shouting "guilty" and making comments about the car and the age of the driver - not comments just purely unsubstantiated statements claiming to be "fact" - is not helpful and just shows how ignorant some posters are.

As for the ability of a 19 year old to drive - how old was Lewis Hamilton in his first season.

What you should be questioning is not his ability to drive but his judgement or state of mind at the time - was he "high?" etc - but we will never know, because it looks like he "wisely" left the scene and sought the protection of his (well connected?) family.

Edited by Deeral

Clearly this topic will arouse some pretty visceral emotions.

However I think the way the Thai authorities handle this will be highly indicative of the state of the ruling classes as we go into an election.

That's a bit of a stretch, even for a Monday morning.

THe family appear to have "hidden" the guy until they are prepared to face - or rather "arrange" the consequences.

Another stretch... it only happened last Friday afternoon, father (car owner) was out of the country and the Thai media, like the police, are pretty strict on what doesn't get done or reported over the weekend.

Edited by NanLaew

Clearly this topic will arouse some pretty visceral emotions.

However I think the way the Thai authorities handle this will be highly indicative of the state of the ruling classes as we go into an election.

That's a bit of a stretch, even for a Monday morning.

You may want to consider that if this case is swept under the carpet, it is just another example of how the ruling elite in this country can get away with anything.It is also likely that this "rich" family has political affiliations and connections.