Lao Girl Cut In Half By Fleeing Stolen Porsche: Thai Police

webfact

@JetsetBkk Fair enough, there's no question in my mind that it was instant and she didn't suffer.

My apologies to all for posting a graphic stillshot from the scene. With typical male tunnel vision, I was so focussed on the question of what speed the driver was doing that I forgot how seeing the image might affect others.

My motivation wasn't a cold uncaring fascination with physics/forensics, but a question of justice for the poor girl, because I strongly suspect that the student at the wheel was driving far in excess of the speed limit, and if so should not walk away for the agreed B300,000 plus funeral expenses - <snip>

It's hard to ignore because I suffer from intense empathy, maybe I need to work on a better coping strategy for the daily dose of disastrous news.

Edited by craigt3365
Link to Bangkok Post removed

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More important than this sordid display of amateur CSI bs, is anyone able to enlighten us all on whether or not the 19 year old driver is actually facing any charges?

Not sure what you mean by 'charges'?

This young &lt;deleted&gt; has already paid the following charges

1. B350,000 +or - to the girl's family (mother)

2. Mobile phone bill when he called daddy to say he was "in deep do-do"

3. The taxi fare to flee his abandoned Porsche after he fled the accident scene.

4. Flowers etc at the temple on day of funeral.

5. A Hallmark card saying" I'm sorry, yes really, really sorry"

Or if you mean real criminal charges laid by the police, I am afraid this sort of person rarely, if ever, sees the inside of a prison cell.

That would surely interrupt his privileged existence and the family would lose face.

In his coddled world, the girl has probably been forgotten as someone who messed up his upholstery.

All rather tragic.

• 6 months later...

Any news about what happened to the owner of the porsche and the family of the victim so far ?

I think some followup from reporters would be great in this country. These type of news often fall into darkness after few days of publication and nothing is learned by the people.

EDIT: Maybe not really the right time to bring this up, other major things are in the mind of people at the moment but still some updates would be important I think.

Edited by lucien62

Any news about what happened to the owner of the porsche and the family of the victim so far ?

I think some followup from reporters would be great in this country. These type of news often fall into darkness after few days of publication and nothing is learned by the people.

EDIT: Maybe not really the right time to bring this up, other major things are in the mind of people at the moment but still some updates would be important I think.

He paid the family of the victim money and all is forgiven.

Police get some drinking money, family get more money than they will ever get in one lump sum and the driver gets his freedom.

End of story.

Just like the kid who's mother was a former Thai beauty queen who mowed down a bunch of pedestrians at a bus stop because the bus driver cut him off..........

Or the unlicensed 16(17) year old hi-so girl that was responsible for the death of seven passengers in a van on a Bangkok Expressway............

Or a prominent politicians son who was seen shooting a cop in a Thai bar but when it came to trial all the witnesses forgot what they saw.........

Or the Army Colonel who mowed down a female Army Doctor who had the nerve to complain about his blocking her driveway.............

And on and on it goes.........

Just like the kid who's mother was a former Thai beauty queen who mowed down a bunch of pedestrians at a bus stop because the bus driver cut him off..........

Or the unlicensed 16(17) year old hi-so girl that was responsible for the death of seven passengers in a van on a Bangkok Expressway............

Or a prominent politicians son who was seen shooting a cop in a Thai bar but when it came to trial all the witnesses forgot what they saw.........

Or the Army Colonel who mowed down a female Army Doctor who had the nerve to complain about his blocking her driveway.............

And on and on it goes.........

my x -gf is the daughter of a wealthy hotel and property owner

when she was just a teenager she was drink driving and hit and killed someone

her family paid 1 million thb to the chief at a certain police station and the files disappeared

she didnt even lose her driving licence never mind spend any time in jail

welcome to thailand