Lao Girl Cut In Half By Fleeing Stolen Porsche: Thai Police

webfact

okay, some of you folks need to take a deep breath and look at this calmly. ... In respect to the driver proceeding 10km with a torso in his vehicle, I am sorry to say, it is a common occurrence. .

Maybe on the planet Zob where everyone is as high as a kite smoking whatever it is you are on. On the real soi I live, cannot say I've noticed too many human torsos getting cut up by passing motorists.

The unfortunate thing is the young punk driver will have his rich parents pay off the cops and deceased family members, maybe do a remorseful media appearances and explain no matter how much time in the locker he might have done if he wasn't rich, the torment he will endure the rest of his life with ghosts of the past will more than compensate. The other case recently of the 16 yr old kid killing the minibus passengers with her rich parents Civic won't be so easy as the dead were somewhat more educated with families less gullible.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first post on this topic mentioned the driver could/would possibility leave the country and finish his education/party time and return when/if the statue of limitations run out. If the driver is in China, as noted by one post, the wheels of influence must have turned quickly. Reports of stolen vehicle, DNA tests, Driver in China, etc are not unexpected for most who have lived and observed Thai methods for any length of time.

What is glaring is the reported meeting of the victims relatives and the owner of the vehicle who will meet to sort out the financial details (at the police station, no doubt). This, from a police spokesman. I doubt if the funeral has taken place yet, nor have her immediate family arrived from Laos (parents/siblings) and the Police are going to arbitrate a financial meeting?

This points out the need for a complete overhaul of the Thai system of their Police State. At least the ambulance chancing lawyers normally wait until the dead are buried, but it appears the Thai police have even assumed this lower than whale sh.t position. Is there no one connected to the system that cannot see the procedures, from a human/caring standpoint and put a stop to acceptance of this type of action?

What do you know??

I would say he is correct 100%. after living here for 8 years and seeing things first hand, this is how it works.

A mate of mine ran a guy down once a few years ago and killed him outright, he had to pay a couple of hundred thousand to sort it out. So yeah, I think he knows!

I know someone's that's done that, twice..

I am curious as to what strategy the police and the hi so are cooking up to get the brat off....The DNA from the steering wheel story is a complete sham, since the brat is in hiding somewhere and they do not have his DNA to match up with the the steering wheel DNA. So for the police to proclaim they are ready to issue an arrest warrant based upon DNA evidence is complete crap....Like someone said, now it seems more likely that the story will be that some Burmese kid that worked at the house "borrowed" the car and took it for a joy ride. And of course all the DNA will match up properly..... Hmmmm maybe I have been in Thailand too long.... :whistling:

The driver's having a party at a festival and will surrender after it, said the owner. Says it all.

Well let's not let this tragedy get in the way of the offender kicking up his heels with wine women and song along with plenty of laughter.

....Oh wait I am only a guest here, guess I should not be commenting on these these things or the apologist will be asking me to go home. :jap:

If the REALITIES of exactly how much personal wealth some hi-so Thai's possess really bothers you more than the cultural norm of paying off the victims families and police, I recommend that you take the Express train to Suvarnabhumi.

My first post on this topic mentioned the driver could/would possibility leave the country and finish his education/party time and return when/if the statue of limitations run out. If the driver is in China, as noted by one post, the wheels of influence must have turned quickly. Reports of stolen vehicle, DNA tests, Driver in China, etc are not unexpected for most who have lived and observed Thai methods for any length of time.

What is glaring is the reported meeting of the victims relatives and the owner of the vehicle who will meet to sort out the financial details (at the police station, no doubt). This, from a police spokesman. I doubt if the funeral has taken place yet, nor have her immediate family arrived from Laos (parents/siblings) and the Police are going to arbitrate a financial meeting?

This points out the need for a complete overhaul of the Thai system of their Police State. At least the ambulance chancing lawyers normally wait until the dead are buried, but it appears the Thai police have even assumed this lower than whale sh.t position. Is there no one connected to the system that cannot see the procedures, from a human/caring standpoint and put a stop to acceptance of this type of action?

the girl's mother has arrived and has to wait until Monday before she can retrieve the body. she's entitled (can claim) to up to 200 000 Baht compensation. Ther're images on other websites showing the girls mother with the car.

Horrendous. It's a pity she didn't go through the driver's side.

okay, some of you folks need to take a deep breath and look at this calmly.

You keep doing it don't you. <_<

How do you expect people to react upon reading on this forum the details of this horrific crime and then read in "The Other Paper" that the owner says "he will bring the driver of the "stolen" Porsche in to the police after he returns from the Ching Ming Festival in Hong Kong around April 4th-5th?"

This case has all the signs of another Duangchalerm incident with flight from justice out of Thailand and usual reaction from hi-so Thais that "Well, what's the fuss all about, it was only a Lao girl?"

Blood Money will change hands and all will be forgiven and forgotten.

Sad.

correct as we discuss here things are being arranged....

first of all poor girl..... my sympathy goes out to her family and friends may she rest in peace even though the scoundrel who killed her is on the run and does not have the guts to face his responsibilities.

And typical Thai style it looks like everything is being arranged already quietly behind the scenes - layers are being called to play every trick in the book, bribes are being arranged for the right people - if nothing helps we find a fall guy who goes to prison for a few years - disgusting!

The owner in typical Thai elite fashion thinks he can tell the police what they have to do?

"Mr Suppachai told police the driver would surrender to police after he returns from a trip to pay homage to his ancestors during the Cheng Meng festival." - The statement says it all - we are rich - we are above the law - we don't have to worry - we have the money to pay our way out of anything! The arrogance in the face of having ended a young girls life is just unbelievable!!

Why does the police not arrest the owner now for aiding a criminal?

A Porsche is a powerful car in the hands of an idiot it becomes a dangerous weapon. I hope the bimbo who killed the girl and then runs away will have nightmares for ever - and will be locked away for a long time he/she is obviously a danger to people out there and has no sense of responsibility!

In most countries running away after causing an accident with other people involved either hurt or killed is a criminal offense in itself - and aiding and hiding a criminal as well!

A high-power car and a young driver are not a good combination. While a Porsche is not that difficult to operate when compared, for example, to a Lambroghini, it still has a lot of power, and a 19-year-old will most likely want to drive it to its max in criminal negligence.

My heart goes out to this poor girl's family, and it it so sad to see her life snuffed out like this.

However, while the act itself was criminal, driving so far with half a body in the car is not so unbelievable. Most people would stop, to be sure. But I know of two cases in the US where this happened. In one, the woman drove around with the man she hit and killed in the passenger seat for several hours until she finally got her head straight and drove to the police station. Another guy hit a killed a boy and drove to his garage, parked the car, and left it there. His wife found the car and body the next day.

Shock can make people do very strange things. The boy is criminally negligent and culpable, but his driving for 10 km may, and I repeat may, be not due to arrogance but shock.

The key to see here, in my opinion, is how this whole thing is handled by both the boy's family and the police. And keeping him away for this festival is certainly not a good start.

RIP, young lady.

....Oh wait I am only a guest here, guess I should not be commenting on these these things or the apologist will be asking me to go home. :jap:

If the REALITIES of exactly how much personal wealth some hi-so Thai's possess really bothers you more than the cultural norm of paying off the victims families and police, I recommend that you take the Express train to Suvarnabhumi.

Actually both bother me. Great wealth generally accumulated through some form of corruption, and the incredibly arrogant usage of it to make themselves immune from the laws that govern the behavior of the rest of us, is what pisses me off. Some Thai Chinese riding around in his leased Mercedes putting on airs is amusing to watch, and certainly does not create any jealousy in me. I am only jealous of Richard Branson and Hugh Hefner. Besides as far as personal wealth in Thailand, they only have power here. Take a hi so Thai here, move him to New York or London, and he would be middle class at best. So to well off foreigners, to see the hi so elites lording it over the farmers is funny to watch.

Again it is the two faced application of justice that bothers me. If Som the farm kid ran over a general's son , all hell would break loose.In this case the obvious usage of money and power simply makes this concept more obvious.

Compensation paid in lieu of justice is a hallmark of a third world country and is very much medieval in its origin. That Thailand with its culture of one law for the rich and one for the poor bloody serf should laughably consider itself an emerging country with a constitutional democracy probably owes much to the fact that those who benefit from it also own the country. Now if you enjoyed an immunity from the consequences of your actions because of your wealth and power would you seek to change the system?

Of course in a civilised country the driver would be facing charges now with a civil suit following not that far behind.

As it is, the poor girl's family may receive compensation of only 200,000 bt which probably amounts to the annual servicing costs of a Porsche in Thailand and the driver will continue with his sainted life unimpeded by any notion of judicial retribution.

Situation normal here in the LoS - a life of a poor person is worth little and certainly less than the value of a status object owned by a feckless idiot who extinguished it.

Best not to dwell on these things, the Thai certainly don't not least because they know the futility of challenging their society and its foundation stone of subservience which is why they will all look to Buddha and karmic forces for justice.

the answer to your last question is - NO - Thai laws are made by the elite for the elite.

A very famous case if you research was playing out after the financial crises of 97 with certain people trying to use their influence on lawmakers to change the bankruptcy laws in Thailand so that the very people who had caused the crises and robbed this country dry could emerge from bankruptcy with a clean sheet after - ONE YEAR !!! The law did not pass because even for the most corrupt politicians this was to much. But this is a good example how the machine works behind the scenes.

Thailand is the land of bribes and the system has been fine tuned to a science! In western thinking a case like this one causes outrage - in Thailand it causes joy for those involved - as it involves rich people everybody will be eager to "help" as their might be a considerable amount in for them. Nobody ever thinks about the poor victim that was killed - they only see the opportunity this tragedy has handed them to make money - hopefully lots of it! The more the rich father wants his spoiled brat to stay out of prison the more it will cost him!

These people are literally above the law as everybody is bribe-able and corrupt.

There are different stages of course depending if the need to bribe arises. Witnesses or players in the story are sorted by the influence they wield on the case - people with no power and influence not yielding to the demands are intimidated and / or threatened - or worst case "silenced". People with influence are courted and bribed according to their importance to the case. In low profile cases this is done before the case goes anywhere - at police level. In high profile cases like this it is to late only to deal with police and the relatives of the victim.

In cases like this deals are arranged and even sometimes a fall guy provided who takes the blame in exchange for money. If that's not possible - a judge and prosecutor will be getting rich.

Look at the case of a famous politician's son getting away with murder! (it started the same as here - first the accused disappears in order to arrange everything before he is in police custody)

There are exceptions though where justice is handed out - but they are rather the exception when the influential and rich are involved.

Even if the person is sentenced and imprisoned a very prominent case from the past shows this means nothing - the influential person in question returned only to sleep in his prison cell after spending all day outside at his leisure - after all the prison guards and people in charge here don't mind extra income !!

What I do not understand is why the honest people within the executive and judiciary are letting them get away with this - it is their names as well who are soiled by this garbage! But maybe they are just to few in bewtween?

Edited by Cnxforever

Police issue arrest warrant for Porsche driver murderer

BANGKOK, 27 March 2011 (NNT)- Pathum Thani Police have identified the driver of a brand-new Porsche who brutally crashed into a 17 year-old. The police issued an arrest warrant after he failed to turn himself in to authorities.

Police Lieutenant Colonel Bancha Melert , inspector of the Pathum Thani Police Station and head of the investigation team for the case reveals that the driver of a brand new Porsche Cayman with a license plate of Ngo-1352 had hit a 17 year-old Laotian girl whilst crossing a road in Bang Khu Wat Muang District, Pathum Thani province.

The high-speed hit had brutally cut the gir's body in two. The driver abandoned the car in front of a construction site in Om Kret, Pak Kret, Nonthaburi, where a witness confirmed that the tall, long hair murderer called a cab and fled the area on Friday. The investigation team had gathered finger prints on the steering wheel and other evidence which indicated 58 year-old Supachai Taksintwesurb as the main suspect.

Pol. Lt. Col. Bancha suggested the murderer was not the owner of the car but a family member. The suspect had fled and was not present at the site, leaving the authorities no choice but to issue an arrest warrant for the driver.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2011-03-27 footer_n.gif

Good post CNX. The Police corruption perpetuates the system and further travesties are assured as a consequence. Laughably, Abhisit when attending a conference in Davos recently reported that Thailand was at the forefront of the battle against corruption and he had ' formed a committee ' to examine it in Thailand.

Trouble is, people in the West are too far away to smell the stench of hypocrisy emanating from the rotting pile of innocent poor corpses that litter this country.

Actually both bother me. Great wealth generally accumulated through some form of corruption, and the incredibly arrogant usage of it to make themselves immune from the laws that govern the behavior of the rest of us, is what pisses me off. Some Thai Chinese riding around in his leased Mercedes putting on airs is amusing to watch, and certainly does not create any jealousy in me. I am only jealous of Richard Branson and Hugh Hefner. Besides as far as personal wealth in Thailand, they only have power here. Take a hi so Thai here, move him to New York or London, and he would be middle class at best. So to well off foreigners, to see the hi so elites lording it over the farmers is funny to watch.

Again it is the two faced application of justice that bothers me. If Som the farm kid ran over a general's son , all hell would break loose.In this case the obvious usage of money and power simply makes this concept more obvious.

If the poor victim had of been a teenage western tourist then the offender nor his family could never expect the victims family to accept a few baht and smile. The family would demand true justice. How would the high and mighty deal with it then? Bring out the coincidence or suicide stamp and mark the case closed????? Maybe the offender would simply disapear never to be found in the greek Isles and this would remain a cold case locked away forever.

BANGKOK, 27 March 2011 (NNT)- Pathum Thani Police have identified the driver of a brand-new Porsche who brutally crashed into a 17 year-old. The police issued an arrest warrant after he failed to turn himself in to authorities.

Police Lieutenant Colonel Bancha Melert , inspector of the Pathum Thani Police Station and head of the investigation team for the case reveals that the driver of a brand new Porsche Cayman with a license plate of Ngo-1352 had hit a 17 year-old Laotian girl whilst crossing a road in Bang Khu Wat Muang District, Pathum Thani province.

The high-speed hit had brutally cut the gir's body in two. The driver abandoned the car in front of a construction site in Om Kret, Pak Kret, Nonthaburi, where a witness confirmed that the tall, long hair murderer called a cab and fled the area on Friday. The investigation team had gathered finger prints on the steering wheel and other evidence which indicated 58 year-old Supachai Taksintwesurb as the main suspect.

Pol. Lt. Col. Bancha suggested the murderer was not the owner of the car but a family member. The suspect had fled and was not present at the site, leaving the authorities no choice but to issue an arrest warrant for the driver.

nntlogo.jpg

So whats happened to the '' young '' guy locking the ride and leaving the scene :huh:.

If the victim had been a farang we would have the smoke and mirors routine. The driver would almost certainly have been a Cambodian/Burmese patsy.

Mind you the last police report suggests confusion already. Why have they issued an arrest warrant for the father if the witnesses have already attested to the driver being a youg man dressed in university uniform?

Perhaps another strategy is unfolding. Quite fun to watch the police and their antics. Do they really think we are as stupid as they?

He's from a rich family so he'll get apprehended and earn a small slap on the wrist and a token baht "payment" (probably less than 50,000) to the impoverished family of the Laotian girl. This is how things are done here, you can literally get away with open murder and worse if you're top dog.

A high-power car and a young driver are not a good combination. While a Porsche is not that difficult to operate when compared, for example, to a Lambroghini, it still has a lot of power, and a 19-year-old will most likely want to drive it to its max in criminal negligence.

My heart goes out to this poor girl's family, and it it so sad to see her life snuffed out like this.

However, while the act itself was criminal, driving so far with half a body in the car is not so unbelievable. Most people would stop, to be sure. But I know of two cases in the US where this happened. In one, the woman drove around with the man she hit and killed in the passenger seat for several hours until she finally got her head straight and drove to the police station. Another guy hit a killed a boy and drove to his garage, parked the car, and left it there. His wife found the car and body the next day.

Shock can make people do very strange things. The boy is criminally negligent and culpable, but his driving for 10 km may, and I repeat may, be not due to arrogance but shock.

The key to see here, in my opinion, is how this whole thing is handled by both the boy's family and the police. And keeping him away for this festival is certainly not a good start.

RIP, young lady.

one can understand the shcok part to a certain extent but to recover and go onto a festival leaving the poor girls reamins in the car, being cool enough to make the right calls to conceal it, get changed and go and clebrate a festival, surely this can not be the reaction of somebody in shock.

nntlogo.jpg

So reports of a young man with long black hair, fair skin with blood on his clothing getting out of a porche with license plate J-1352 and getting into a cab was incorrect. The upper body of a person being removed from the vehicle bearing license plate J-1352 as depicted in videos and pics is unrelated.

Have they located the vehicle with license plate NGO-1352 as yet?

He's from a rich family so he'll get apprehended and earn a small slap on the wrist and a token baht "payment" (probably less than 50,000) to the impoverished family of the Laotian girl. This is how things are done here, you can literally get away with open murder and worse if you're top dog.

Err, rather think that has been said already in numerous ways but do feel free to add your tuppence worth.

On reading the report again it seems that the person subject to the arrest warrant has not actually been named. The reference to the father is that he owned the vehicle and his finger prints were found on the steering wheel. Any confusion arising from what is probably a poor piece of journalism seems to be cleared up by the investigating officer stating a family member was the driver and not the owner.

Edited by Seekingasylum

nntlogo.jpg

So reports of a young man with long black hair, fair skin with blood on his clothing getting out of a porche with license plate J-1352 and getting into a cab was incorrect. The upper body of a person being removed from the vehicle bearing license plate J-1352 as depicted in videos and pics is unrelated.

Maybe it is the Thai letter ngor ngoo. Both J and ngor ngoo are the 10th letter of their respective alphabets ... I think.

Edited by whybother

nntlogo.jpg

It is not a J but a Thai letter that looks very similar - sorry but don't have thai fonts on my keyboard.

nntlogo.jpg

So whats happened to the '' young '' guy locking the ride and leaving the scene :huh:.

He probably aged suddenly due to the concerns how he would compensate the poor victims family.

the driver of a brand new Porsche Cayman

had hit a 17 year-old Laotian girl whilst crossing a road

The high-speed hit had brutally cut the girl's body in two

Specs for the Porsche Cayman :

265 HP at 7,200 rpm

0-100 km/h in 5.8 seconds

Top speed: 265 km/h

Perhaps another strategy is unfolding. Quite fun to watch the police and their antics. Do they really think we are as stupid as they?

Nope. They just think we are stupid... end of.

Actually, they probably don't let farang thoughts rent too much space in their heads.

Maybe some people here should let the Thai cultural norms prevail and don't get the blood pressure up with so much righteous indignation and clamor for what they perceive as victims rights. Look out your window... this is Thailand....unless you are in your homeland and then it's &lt;deleted&gt;?!

Three words for you... learn some Thai.

Err, rather think that has been said already in numerous ways but do feel free to add your tuppence worth.

Why the snarky attitude? Is it because no one could be bothered to reply to your long rambling crime and punishment essays on the topic?

one can understand the shcok part to a certain extent but to recover and go onto a festival leaving the poor girls reamins in the car, being cool enough to make the right calls to conceal it, get changed and go and clebrate a festival, surely this can not be the reaction of somebody in shock.

You are speculating based on information from very scattergun reporting and dubious translation.

I reckon the 58 year-old owner of the car is attending traditional Chinese rituals for their ancestors in Hong Kong.

While the cat is away...