Lao Girl Cut In Half By Fleeing Stolen Porsche: Thai Police

webfact

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a video clip of the police going through the crime scene here

WARNING: This clip contains unedited footage of the crime scene and many gory scenes! Use your own discretion when viewing it.

Watching this and seeing the people milling around. Even the BIB with his point & shoot. Made me think, now tell this is not a third world country??

jb1

You should see the rubbernecks when there's a major prang on the 610 loop in Houston. If they could stop, get out and look, they would.

Anyway, your 'third world' hasn't existed since the fall of the Soviet Union (2nd world) and their being openly embraced by the US (1st world).

Now if you are saying that Thailand is indeed a cultural, political, technological and legal backwater....

........Many posters here, myself included, are indeed residents qualifying for that immigration status as work permit holders, retirees or as spouses of Thai. Although many of us are under no illusions about permanent residence status or indeed naturalisation we, however, are entitled to the protection of Thai law and as such our voice in protest at the corrupt practices is as legitimate as if it were raised by a Thai..............

Of course I could be wrong.

Of course ... you are.

Having a work permit, a Thai wife or an extension to your visa for retirement does not qualify you for "resident" status.

Neither does it give your "voice" the same legitimacy as a Thai's - that would require a vote.

Sorry to shatter your illusions.

UPDATE:

Porsche driver who decapitated 17 yr old girl turned himself in; he apologized to her family and said he didn't see her cross the road /TANN

And apparently didn't see her for another 10 kilometers.

Amazed he thought he saw the road clearly through the spider-webbed windshield on his side to continue for that far.

okay, some of you folks need to take a deep breath and look at this calmly. Take a look at the photograph below. Look at the damage. Where is it? it is on the drivers side, extreme right in the photo. This suggests that the driver may have either attempted to avoid the pedestrian or that she was on the outer side of the lane in which the car was driven. Had the driver mowed the deceased down, we would see a midcenter impact. Look at the vehicle again. Do you see blood? I do not. This tells me that this was a clean impact and that the deceased was not dragged and that there is a strong likelihood that on a dark roadway a pedestrian crossing might not have been easily seen. What is the speed limit on the roadway? 70kmh? 100kmh? Do not make the assumption the driver was driving at an excessive speed. A body can be split in two at low speeds of 50kmh depending upon the point of impact. In respect to the driver proceeding 10km with a torso in his vehicle, I am sorry to say, it is a common occurrence. People do panic and people do have delayed response times in a crisis. I can cite multiple cases of similar events. Usually these cases involve drunk drivers, or elderly drivers or inexperienced young drivers.

Cd1nz4m.JPG

As deplorable as leaving the scene of a collision with a human is, I do understand how and why a person would do so, particularly one that is either in a stolen car or one that is young. (And yes, I do appreciate the vehicle may not have been stolen.)

I am not condoning hit and run, but I can see how someone might have hit a pedestrian crossing a busy road in the dark. Look up in the photo. Do you see full spread road lights? How many of you can say it is easy to drive at night in the dark with the typical Thai road lighting system?

UPDATE:

Police identify Porche driver that decapitated 17 yr old girl from DNA of sweat on steering wheel; arrest warrant to be issued on Mon /TANN

That was quick. It can take several days to do a DNA analysis at the best of times. They must have a very efficient and reliable crime lab. whistling.gif

To identify someone, that means there was a match. In order to have a match, the DNA had to have been on file. Either there is poor reporting, or someone has a record, or we are about to see someone get blamed for something they may not be responsible for.

hmmm I know others have mentioned the wrong conclusions drawn in the post above .... but I mean REALLY? Dark? Full spread road lights? Driver side? Impact? 50kmh etc etc etc

It was a Porsche though!

That Porsche does look remarkably intact for having just sliced someone in half.

The picture doesn't properly show the dent in the roof line above broken window. There would be a fair bit of support there, so any dent would need have to be caused by a fair bit of force.

That Porsche does look remarkably intact for having just sliced someone in half.

Look at the roof and the blood trail on it. At speed it was a knife, the lass was a tiny thing and quite obvious the outcome.

Wow so the car flipped her in the air feet up, head down and the torso got chopped and landed in the passenger seat while the bottom half went on the street. That's ugly to visualize.

Then the little psychopath continued to drive on for 10 odd KMs to park the car somewhere.

Edited by wintermute

UPDATE:

Porsche driver who decapitated 17 yr old girl turned himself in; he apologized to her family and said he didn't see her cross the road /TANN

I'm glad everything is solved now same as with the Na Ayudhya girl.Strange that there is no mention about a 5000 baht offer as final compensation.

guys .is thailand the only country when you have a car accident and kill a person or or a group of people . you turn up to a police station when you feel like it . and then buy your way out of it .like you killed a dog on the road. it may sound harsh ,but at times i just dont understand the logic in this country .and this person was driving a porcher 4x4 costing millions .and thats only the tax on it . james hat yai

There is a video clip of the police going through the crime scene here

WARNING: This clip contains unedited footage of the crime scene and many gory scenes! Use your own discretion when viewing it.

Watching this and seeing the people milling around. Even the BIB with his point & shoot. Made me think, now tell this is not a third world country??

jb1

You should see the rubbernecks when there's a major prang on the 610 loop in Houston. If they could stop, get out and look, they would.

Anyway, your 'third world' hasn't existed since the fall of the Soviet Union (2nd world) and their being openly embraced by the US (1st world).

Now if you are saying that Thailand is indeed a cultural, political, technological and legal backwater....

Third world is a term still used to describe certain country's. Three of them border Thailand. Supposedly.

jb1

Police, rescue volunteers and reporters inspect a luxury Porsche that was abandoned on the Pathum Thani-Bang Bua Thong Road Friday.

The front passenger seat had the upper body of a 17-year-old Laotian girl on it.

The girl lower body was found at a spot 10 kilometres away.

Police believe the car hit her and cut her body in half.

The driver was seen jumping into a taxi after parking his luxury vehicle.

Cd1nz4m.JPG

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-03-26

Isolate and contain a scene is basically day one / week one on any police course.

Agreed.................Any western country but.....................................

Found a bit in the Thai media about it.

After the crash the driver sped away, parking the car 10 km away and waited in the car for 5-10 minutes before getting out, locking it and hailing a taxi. His shirt was described as blood-spattered.

http://www.manager.c...D=9540000038339

http://76.nationchan...o.php?id=142433

Don't you just love Thai manners ? Even after the guy has stolen your car and killed someone with it, left half of them in the passenger seat, he is still considerate enough to lock up the car on leaving.

Unfortunately of course he hasn't stolen the car, at the end of the day its a fine no doubt.

Looking at the pics I'm sure that I'm not the only one wishing the entrance hole was further to the right.

On another note I have to show the pics to the guys in the Porsche garage next to my office because when I relayed the original post to them they were frankly skeptical about this.

Sorry to keep coming in on your posts. But I hope the forensic people were able to get to the car before it was cleaned up?

jb1

How did he lock up the car then??? A key??? I doubt you could lock a porsche door from the inside without the key, because they are dam_n near impossible to get into without one.

Does not make sense... Locked door

I wonder what smashed in the back window?

The emergency crew trying to get in and retrieve the remains.

Why would they need to get in through the back window while the windscreen has a hughe hole already?

Edited by janverbeem

I wonder if the guy was on his phone during the accident? Texting maybe? To hit a pedestrian without first seeing the person and braking, swerving, skidding, maybe even crashing to avoid the person makes me wonder if he was on the phone or BB-ing or texting?

RIP, poor girl.

Nobody texts at 160 km/hr - plus. He was going so fast he didn't see her. Testing the new Porsche Guillotine.

Guilty as hell.

UPDATE: Thai news are reporting that the driver, 19 year old Peerapol Thaksintaweesup, has turned himself in accompanied by his uncle. He says he was driving at around 120 km/hr and the girl ran across the road when he hit her. He didn't see the girl crossing the road as there was a bus parked on the side of the road. He is sorry for what happened and will take full responsibility for it including compensation for the girl's family.

UPDATE:

I'm glad everything is solved now same as with the Na Ayudhya girl.Strange that there is no mention about a 5000 baht offer as final compensation.

Of course he couldn't see her as the speed he was going at - EVERYTHING would've been a blur!!! :blink: