Kraft Miracle Whip?

lukeskywalker

Just add me to the list of those who have been searching for Miracle Whip. I knew I couldn't be the only one who likes this product. Mayo it isn't, and that's why I miss it. I'm going out shopping today; save a jar for me, please.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Local Thai Salad Cream (same type of mayo jar) is similar to miracle whip, albeit a bad immitation, but for those with the sweet tooth need and no miracle whip, it might suffice for a little while if you hate mayonaise and until you can find the miracle whip.

And speaking of un-godly combinations; my father used to luv peanut butter and mustard sandwiches :bah:

Edited by TacoBoy

Went to my Tesco Lotus, they had more than 40 jars of Kraft Miracle whip in the mayo section but NO Kraft Mayo....that is still missing.

So you found it?!!!

Which Tesco Lotus was this?

Thanks for the one answer I have been waiting on!!!! :jap:

LS

Good news is it is still there today, the bad news that you are not going to like is the Tesco Lotus is in Sisaket city.

Tops, central airport plaza has it, really

Well, I just returned home after a wild goose chase from Mae Rim to Tops at Airport Plaza. No, they don't have Miracle Whip...not even an empty shelf space where it might have recently been. And while I was in the neighborhood I also checked at Rimping Supermarket Nim City. No dice there either! I'm convinced it's another one of those necessities that needs to be requested from the next friend or family member headed to Thailand. Sigh.

I check Rimping almost every night. Even though I know that they don't carry it and never have! That's determination!

I'm surprised to hear about TOPS AP though. Not because a TV poster claimed it was there and in stock, but because they used to carry it. Does this mean no more ham and "cheese food stuff" sandwiches?

I think I may check out the TESCO tonight(even though I don't think they ever carried it). If no luck, I"ll be arranging a trip to Sisaket City and will be looking for anyone wanting to take a ride.

Tops, central airport plaza has it, really

Well, I just returned home after a wild goose chase from Mae Rim to Tops at Airport Plaza. No, they don't have Miracle Whip...not even an empty shelf space where it might have recently been. And while I was in the neighborhood I also checked at Rimping Supermarket Nim City. No dice there either! I'm convinced it's another one of those necessities that needs to be requested from the next friend or family member headed to Thailand. Sigh.

Edited by CMSteve

In discussing this topic with a clerk at the Kasem Store this morning, I learned that Kraft Foods in Thailand has changed distributors for their dry goods. Their refrigerated and frozen products will continue to be distributed without disruption with the old distributor. The clerk felt that in a month or so Kraft dry goods should be available again in local stores.

So, it's not just Miracle Whip, and Chiang Mai is not the only place affected. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Let's hope.

Wow! A man of action. Thanks for the update/news.

I had intended to just sit on this forum and whine until it showed up again......

In discussing this topic with a clerk at the Kasem Store this morning, I learned that Kraft Foods in Thailand has changed distributors for their dry goods. Their refrigerated and frozen products will continue to be distributed without disruption with the old distributor. The clerk felt that in a month or so Kraft dry goods should be available again in local stores.

So, it's not just Miracle Whip, and Chiang Mai is not the only place affected. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Let's hope.

Indeed good news on a Tuesday morning!

So, does this mean that our supply chain for Kraft Real Mayo and their various salad dressings is going to get disrupted, too? Maybe it's time to start some panic buying! Otherwise, it's Thai salad creme on everything.

Khwai, it's Miracle Whip, not Cool Whip ! dhaaaa

Ps video not availabel outside usa or uk and europe on adult swim :(

Miracle Whip is a Salad Cream to go on sandwiches,

Cool whip is immitation whipped cream for pies, ice cream and such......;)

Edited by TacoBoy

I can't view it either, but assuming it's Stewie over pronouncing the "h" to annoy Brian....

BTW, I've noticed there are a lot of Miracle Whip haters or at least people who have professed they never touch it, on this forum. But as I went on a search last night to 4 different groceries it finally dawned on me,

LIES!!!, all lies!

How is it possible that nobody eats Miracle Whip, yet there is no stock left anywhere in CM????

Bunch of closet whippers.....

Khwai, it's Miracle Whip, not Cool Whip ! dhaaaa

Ps video not availabel outside usa or uk and europe on adult swim :(

Miracle Whip is a Salad Cream to go on sandwiches,

Cool whip is immitation whipped cream for pies, ice cream and such......;)

I assume that all Miracle Whip worldwide shipments have been rerouted to the air drop efforts in the Fukushima Reactors :whistling:

Thai's tend to use that stuff called Salad Cream over mayo. They just don't buy the more expensive Miricle Whip.

So guess you could always use the local salad cream as a poor substitute for the MW.

No way would I ever use that stuff on a good salad. But hey to each their own.

I prefer Blue Cheese, Roqueford, Caesar's, Ranch, Italian. those are real salad dressings.

Depending on the type of sandwich, mayo or MW.

Edited by TacoBoy

Listen, I started this dang topic about MW. So no more talk about substitutes because there aren't any anywhere in the world! Just like most condiments (except ketchup?) this has a unique flavor that I am 40 years used to, and I do not want to change (as I have tried most of the substitutes, mainly the Thai version which is out of this world too sweet). I don't care if you like it or don't like it, or think they use it as a primer for painting battle ships! I'm just trying to find it.period. :lol:

"Stay on target."

• 1 month later...

You must be from middle America? I don't think anybody eats that stuff on the West coast. :rolleyes:

We eat a fair amount of it in Texas.

David

Born and raised in Beaumont, TX!

Raised in small West Texas town, 16 miles west of Abilene. We also reference to Miracle Whip as "Mayonnaise". Never even realized there was a difference until my mid-20s.

Still use it for tuna sandwiches. Regular mayo tastes like Miracle Whip that is starting to go bad. However, have not been able to find at Carefour or Airport Central Rim Ping for several weeks already.

-Mestizo

It's available as of 30 April, Paradise mass Villa

Great! Now the many Chiang Mai MW lovers just have to figure out the location of the nearest "Paradise mass Villa", whatever that is.

Meanwhile, this is my week for major grocery shopping (Hubby's pension has hit the BKK Bank account!) so I'll report on the offerings at Tops and Rim Ping.

Edited by NancyL

First of all whoever said that Rimping by Airport Plaza never ever carried Miracle Whip is lying. I have bought MW there on many occasions. But as the OP mentions MW seems to have gone dry in this town. I have checked the usual places over the past few weeks and not a jar available.

I'm from the Midwest as well (Buckeye Fan) and grew up with MW. Nothing beats MW on a BLT sandwich as well as many other types of sandwiches. It's the best for making tuna salad, deviled eggs as well as other great favorites.

....but two things mentioned on this post that does not fit in my diet...hot dogs and Spam....disgusting stuff.....bah.gifbah.gifbah.gifbah.gif

I believe I mentioned it, and I guess I could be wrong, but would never admit to it......

anyway, as of today, Tops Ap, Tops Chotana, Tops KSK, and Rimping Nim do not have an Miracle Whip.

BTW, top reasons for having Miracle whip are BLT's and KFC style cole slaw.

First of all whoever said that Rimping by Airport Plaza never ever carried Miracle Whip is lying. I have bought MW there on many occasions. But as the OP mentions MW seems to have gone dry in this town. I have checked the usual places over the past few weeks and not a jar available.

I'm from the Midwest as well (Buckeye Fan) and grew up with MW. Nothing beats MW on a BLT sandwich as well as many other types of sandwiches. It's the best for making tuna salad, deviled eggs as well as other great favorites.

....but two things mentioned on this post that does not fit in my diet...hot dogs and Spam....disgusting stuff.....bah.gifbah.gifbah.gifbah.gif

What/Where is Paradise mass Villa?

I find it unbelievable that this thread has so my posts. regarding a product that is heart and cholesterol threatening.

I have tried Miracle Whip, but as i do not come from the US, maybe I fail to appreciate the cholesterol; and inducing fats found in american cuisine . Although I must add, that I found this to be the best of all products on the market until recently.

I have found a super alternative that is creamy, not as sweet as Miracle whip and makes a great potato salad. Maybe it it is as bad for cholesterol, and I am still researching the ingredients And long term effects. It also has a tang of deep creaminess with a mustard ingredient, without(supposedly) all the fattening and heart infections produced by other bad products of Miracle whip This includes the sweetness and sugar of Thai products, of which I do not partake.

What/Where is Paradise mass Villa?

I find it unbelievable that this thread has so my posts. regarding a product that is heart and cholesterol threatening.

I have tried Miracle Whip, but as i do not come from the US, maybe I fail to appreciate the cholesterol; and inducing fats found in american cuisine . Although I must add, that I found this to be the best of all products on the market until recently.

I have found a super alternative that is creamy, not as sweet as Miracle whip and makes a great potato salad. Maybe it it is as bad for cholesterol, and I am still researching the ingredients And long term effects. It also has a tang of deep creaminess with a mustard ingredient, without(supposedly) all the fattening and heart infections produced by other bad products of Miracle whip This includes the sweetness and sugar of Thai products, of which I do not partake.

Wonderful!! Are the name of the product and location where it can be found closely guarded state secrets?