Kevlar Jeans

dagling

Take a look at these:-

http://www.hoodjeans.co.uk/

I had a pair in UK for years. Comfortable, easy to clean, wore them to the office without any unfavourable comment, could wear them all day & they remained comfortable (if you took the armour out).

The denim was very heavy so, combined with the kevlar lining, they could be hot on the occasional UK hot days but not as hot as leathers. I never tested them "on the road!!" I'm glad to say.

I'm picking-up another pair when I go to UK next week, in a lighter material more suited to Thailand.

Costs are very reasonable - certainly less than 7000THB new plus shipping costs - and made to your own measurements. Shipped worldwide. They respond very quickly to e-mail & you usually talk to the company owners so can be confident in their reply.

I have a pair of Draggin Jeans, which I purchased in the US for about $150 (if my memory serves me well). I like them, b ut with the Kevlar fabric, they are quite hot to wear in this country. A pair of synthetic riding pants with strategically placed Kevlar pads are much cooler. I really like my Draggin Kevlar mesh shirt, though. Much warmer than a long sleeve T-shirt, but cooler than a jacket while protecting against road rash (and maybe even knife wounds!). See them here: www dot dragginjeans dot com.

I've got a pair of Hornee Kevlar jeans (Australian company I believe). Look like normal jeans and I use them for short trips on my GSXR. Bit heavy and a bit hot but good peace of mind for short hops around the city.