Start Company Or Rent Through Another

remiss

Need some advice.. I have a company in my country of residence in Europe..

However, I would like to hire a programmer from Thailand, and I would need some way of solving the salary thing. I don't want to hire somebody (I think). So it would have to be some sort of billing put in place.

As I see it there are two (three) options

1: I start a company in Thailand and hire somebody through that company and bill my first company.

2: I hire somebody through an existing thai company

(3: The person already has his or her own company and can invoice me)

Now for the questions:

- What would the required capital/expenses for starting such a company be ( I do not need a WP)?

- Are there any companies providing said services at a reasonable price?

- Would any other countries in the region be better? Dashing out 1MB for being able to pay salaries is a bit on the expensive side.

Edited by remiss

I might have misunderstood your posting, but why can't your company in Europe simply engage someone within Thailand (company or freelancer) on a "project" basis?

What exactly is it you need them to do? Build 1 x website for you or work full time?

I know of a number of companies that you could employ a programmer through. I don't think it would be worth starting up a company for one programmer.

The costs would depend on what you wanted to pay for the programmer, and whether you wanted the company to manage the programmer or just do administration for him. Costs might also depend on what else was needed - ie computers, phones, travel.

@Tatsujin : Would be full time.. Company is okay, but I don't think freelancer would be okay according to the laws here. And it would also open up a whole lot of issues on this side, including payroll, tax for employing somebody, documentation needs etc. An invoice and keeping the problem in TH is easier.

@whybother : Great. I will have to think about it some more, but I'll definitely contact you if the opportunity for this comes through.

Yesterday after writing the topic, and writing the last sentence I started looking at Cambodia, which is looking quite intriguing. The person I would hire would have to be rather self sufficient if there is going to be any point in it.. Anybody know if it's easier finding a competent, self sufficient programmer in Thailand or Cambodia?

If the person you want to employ is a foreigner, he/she NEEDS a work permit. This comes only with a proper company set up and all other strings attached.

If this person is Thai, he/she can just bill you according to your contract. Some withholding tax applies if I remember correctly.

• 3 weeks later...

why not use a freelance/contract worker website, such as vworker.com? Very well organized and you would have near complete control of your project. There are other freelance websites out there also, but I've found vWorker to be top notch. And you are not limited to thailand.

Edited by 4evermaat