Getting Married Saturday

BIG SPUDS

Well the big day is almost here, and to be quite honest i am sh!tting blue bricks.

Not through, have i chosen the right woman or i'm throwing my single life away.

But more because of the whole ceremony, being the center of attention, (well after the missus of course), all eyes on us so to speak.

Was you nervous on your big day?

Any regrets???

:o

mine was me, hubby & the registrar at samui, no fancy togs, no guests, so no nerves at all, probably cause we didn't realise we were actualy marrying though, we only went to make an appointment :D

Best of luck for Saturday, after all you've been through I'm sure it will seem extra special :o

My husband and I were the same as Boo, at the time I couldn't deal with the 1000+ people that we would have had to invite to our wedding. I could now, but then I know lots of them, speak Thai and could handle the scrutiny. Oh well, too bad they don't have re-marriage ceremonies here, we could use the extra money :o

Congrats BIG SPUDS .. :o

If i was you, i could be excited .. its a big day of LIFE ..anyhow thing will be going fine ... believe me .... ( and if you feel like nervous , so justtalk and look at your bride (and she must be excited also)..dont look at the crowd ..

me myself...never been married heheh

heartguy.gif

Bambi

Well the big day is almost here, and to be quite honest i am sh!tting blue bricks.

But more because of the whole ceremony, being the center of attention, (well after the missus of course), all eyes on us so to speak.

Any regrets???

Yeah i remember Big SPuds , that was th best soap opera i ever read . Glad things worked out for you ? DID she ever make it to your home country ? What country are you getting married in, Thailand ? Yeah i would be nervouse too but hey its love , right ? Right ! good luck !

Any regrets???

I felt the same before I got married last month in the village. I was surprised though at how I felt during it all, centre of attention thing just did not seem to matter. Anyway they'll all be looking at her not you so that'll keep the heat off. Also at my wedding they passed me beer while we were going through the ceremony. The whole thing lasted about 6 hours but some of that was hanging about waiting for people. I was glad we never had a big party at night, just the eats and drinks in the day. It's really quite enjoyable, if it worries you that much take a xanx before-peter

Good Luck BS, I wish you a long and happy marriage.

was I nervous, NO, reason: Didn't know I was getting Married thought I was just going to the Amphur Office to get the Documents sorted out as the wedding was a week later (so I thought) I did not put 2 and 2 together even though we picked up two of her freinds on the way, even though when we walked into the office everybody was smiling and there was a bloody great flowered heart where people stood to have their pictures taken. Dont call me a plonker, as I know I am one!

However I was slightly nervous the three previous times I got married!!

Chok dee mate

TP

the first time, in faranglandland, i was pretty nervous.

the 2nd, here, it was much easier.

in both cases, it was a matter of a couple of months before i got used to being married. then i was as happy as a clam. so give it some time.

as to your main point, while you and your bride may be the center of attention, it's also a chance for family and friends to get together and have some fun, an excuse to take time of work, or travel back to the hometown. think of it as providing a service to them.

then try to be objective about how great your single life was. personally. i'm much happier married. regrets?... a few...much outweighed by the benefits.

Have a blast! It is quite an adventure. The people are wonderful. We had about 250 people there. Most come for the food, and to drop off a present. We had the actual ceremony inside her house. Could only hold 50 people or so. My wife was great...got the guy doing the ceremony to cut it short. Only lasted about 30 minutes. But it was an all day and all night party. Absolutely one of the best times in my life. Only 4 or 5 people spoke English, but that did not matter. It was a blast! Enjoy!!!!!!!

cheers all, i know i will enjoy it but not much of a center stage person ( i like to be at the back, (not much chance of that saturday) kinda person)

jrincon17 - yes she made it to the uk been here 4 months now i think. she loves it, misses home a bit but only for the beach and the food and family, but we are going back in feb.

Ah fond memories of the big spuds soap, :o:D

thanks all for all the help and advice getting me here and all the best wishes.

Edited by BIG SPUDS

Well Spuds...

I was NEVER going to get married, just didn't see the point, I got married to my wife last year and it was the BEST thing I ever did.

We had a ceremony in the village which was the craziest day of my life, but also the best day of my life so far.. it was all a blur really...

Good luck Spuds and have a blast... just enjoy the experience.. :o

Best wishes

Totster :D

Spuds.

If you do not post photos of the happy couple here.....

...after all we've done for you in terms of general moral support, Sauronic polls and Scoucistic guidance.....

well...

just post the gawdamn photos.....

ps

Ditto for BBB Ben and Mr Bojangles, we need to see the happy ending.

Edited by The_Moog

It will be your best day of your life. You will gain so much.

You will gain her permanent thumb print on the top of your head.

You will gain a ring on your finger and a bigger ring through your nose.

You will gain an extended family...family members from her side who didn't exist before will now make themselves known.

You will gain knowledge on housework and how to do it....how to do ALL of it.

You will gain experience in begging....begging for some slap and tickle each night. (It's funny how marriage makes these things dry up)

You will gain knowledge in accountancy...how to financially justify all the new shoes and clothes she will start buying.

...but most of all, you will gain a companion, a soul mate, a Spuds supporter who will stick with you through thick and thin and you will gain eternal happiness....provided you make the effort of course.

Good luck to both of you...have a wonderful day. :o

Good luck Spuds. Its my turn soon. In CM in about 3 weeks :o No seriously mate. I'm not shitting it. Really looking forward to it. People coming from all over the world to be there. One big ######er of a party. Yes! Bring it on! Its both your day. But the BRIDE is number one. Its her day to shine. All the best for Saturday mate.

Hey Spuds, why do you spell "centre" the American way "center" in your posts?

You are BRITISH- don't let the side down old boy!!

Maybee their way makes a more sensible spelling -but that's not the point.

Wishing you GOOD LUCK once again, and yes- we all want to see the Pics!!

TP.

Edited by ThaiPauly

Hey Spuds,  why do you spell "centre" the American way "center" in your posts?

TP.

hey,you are pedantic too!!

and if sensible, it should be spelt senta :o

Hey Spuds,  why do you spell "centre" the American way "center" in your posts?

TP.

hey,you are pedantic too!!

and if sensible, it should be spelt senta :o

Where are you from that pronounces centre "senta" ?! I say is sen tur

That's one accent there... but I guess to the majority of farangs on this forum I'm the one with an accent considering I've noticed there's hardly any Canadians and a large majority of Brits.

Any regrets???

Hey BIG SPUDS all the best for tomorrow, hope your and your bride have a fantastic day!