Bars With Live Music

Just need some information on live music in bars.

And not the Beatles please.

Does Bamboo bar at the oriental still have live Jazz music on Tuesday.

Also i would like to know about Saxophone bar which day they have live music.

Any recommendations where you can sit relay maybe smoke a cigar and listening to music would be great.

Thanks,

NFS

Hilary Bar Sukhumvit Soi 4.

Bangkok Beat Sukhumvit Soi 7.

My favourite: Bamboo Bar Sukhumvit Soi 3, probably because they have a couple of farangs playing in their band, who are not doing it just for the money.

Alot of the music is churned out same same every night, so it lacks that sparkle sometimes, but at least the farangs playing together seem to enjoy it rather than the Thais/Philipinos who are just doing it for a living. Even the Saxophone is a bit contrived in my opinion. As far as I know no real band type bar in Bangkok (like we have in the West different bands headlining); I really miss this to be honest.

The Rock Pub is good; again people playing music they love. Haven't been there for a couple of weeks.

Then there is alot of Thai places; sometimes people doing this are doing it for the money and then some seem to be really enjoying it. If you like Thai pop/rock then this is good. Ratchada 4 (expensive), Chatchuchak (my favourite), Lagoon Wang Hin (more cosy set around a nice lagoon). Probably loads more that are not in my part of Bangkok. Ramkhamheng has alot. Thong Lor (expensive/hiso).

Edited by MaiChai

Hilary Bar Sukhumvit Soi 4.

Bangkok Beat Sukhumvit Soi 7.

My favourite: Bamboo Bar Sukhumvit Soi 3, probably because they have a couple of farangs playing in their band, who are not doing it just for the money.

Alot of the music is churned out same same every night, so it lacks that sparkle sometimes, but at least the farangs playing together seem to enjoy it rather than the Thais/Philipinos who are just doing it for a living. Even the Saxophone is a bit contrived in my opinion. As far as I know no real band type bar in Bangkok (like we have in the West different bands headlining); I really miss this to be honest.

The Rock Pub is good; again people playing music they love. Haven't been there for a couple of weeks.

Then there is alot of Thai places; sometimes people doing this are doing it for the money and then some seem to be really enjoying it. If you like Thai pop/rock then this is good. Ratchada 4 (expensive), Chatchuchak (my favourite), Lagoon Wang Hin (more cosy set around a nice lagoon). Probably loads more that are not in my part of Bangkok. Ramkhamheng has alot. Thong Lor (expensive/hiso).

Thanks Chai Mai, any more info on Lagoon Wang Hin.

As where and opening hours.

NFS

In google maps enter this: 13.819221, 100.592628. With the satelite view you can see the lagoon. Its called Plaza Lagoon. There is a tops supermarket there. I believe the bars are open in the day when they sell food, etc, and at night Thai bands play there and food, whiskey, beer, etc. Its a lagoon full of fish and turtles surrounded by small shops and pubs. Its a nice change from Bangkok pollution and traffic. To taxi driver say: Plaza Lagoon, Wang Hin, Lat Prao.

In google maps enter this: 13.819221, 100.592628. With the satelite view you can see the lagoon. Its called Plaza Lagoon. There is a tops supermarket there. I believe the bars are open in the day when they sell food, etc, and at night Thai bands play there and food, whiskey, beer, etc. Its a lagoon full of fish and turtles surrounded by small shops and pubs. Its a nice change from Bangkok pollution and traffic. To taxi driver say: Plaza Lagoon, Wang Hin, Lat Prao.

Thank you will go there next month.

NFS

• 2 weeks later...

Typically the song list for most every band is practically the same.

Why? Because most all of the patrons are in a time warp and want to hear "hotel california" and other akin to same a zillion times. Basically the same "standard" somgs, over and over again. If the band plays something more progressive, different, newer, unless it is new by Lady Gaga, usually the audience is not happy. I have heard musicians play grammy winning songs but still not received well by most patrons in thailand. Some of these same songs played in Brasil, Argentina, Japan, etc etc well received.