Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can hear it inside the cabin.

Im not sure how to explain it. But it sounds like the engine has something rattling inside it then it goes away after 2000 rpm. Made its just how its suppose to be. I might go test drive another Ranger to see if it has the same sound.

Might have to pull up in the CRV as arriving in a ranger to test another ramger might seem odd...

Mine also makes this noise, around 1800rpm there is a noticeable rattle which stops when over 2000rpm.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

OK, I went back to the dealer and asked about the sound, he said its the way it is, I drove there blue XLT that was there and it backs the same noise, so all is good.

I was hammering it back home and also had it on the highway at speed, it handles really well and is still very quiet inside. Has really good power for what you expect for a 2.2.

OK, I went back to the dealer and asked about the sound, he said its the way it is, I drove there blue XLT that was there and it backs the same noise, so all is good.

I was hammering it back home and also had it on the highway at speed, it handles really well and is still very quiet inside. Has really good power for what you expect for a 2.2.

thumbsup.gif

Just wondering, all those folks that were possitive they would have their 3.2 Wildtrack by mid april, have you got it?? I do see a few got their 2.2 version and happy with them, but all posts seem to disappear for the last while!

I've seen an orange wildtrak around a few times. I must say I'm a bit disappointed in the colour. I thought it would look more orange like in the pics.

and it will be a 2.2 as well. A nice colour is the gunmetal blue, but not sure if it will be on the 3.2

Edited by culicine

Just wondering, all those folks that were possitive they would have their 3.2 Wildtrack by mid april, have you got it?? I do see a few got their 2.2 version and happy with them, but all posts seem to disappear for the last while!

We have new neighbours who have just moved in. Upon meeting him I found out he is GM of a local dealer group which includes a Ford Dealership. When I told him of my order for the 3.2 last November, he replied that I probably won't see one this year.

He has no knowledge of when they are coming and Ford have said to their dealers an announcement regarding the situation will be made late May.

I said my Dealer is always promising 'next month'. He replied 'can not'. He also said every Ford Dealer is very unhappy about it and have complained to Ford.

I guess we all have continue waiting.

We have new neighbours who have just moved in. Upon meeting him I found out he is GM of a local dealer group which includes a Ford Dealership. When I told him of my order for the 3.2 last November, he replied that I probably won't see one this year.

He has no knowledge of when they are coming and Ford have said to their dealers an announcement regarding the situation will be made late May.

I said my Dealer is always promising 'next month'. He replied 'can not'. He also said every Ford Dealer is very unhappy about it and have complained to Ford.

Has anyone seen a 3.2 bt50 delivered yet? If they can deliver, I see a number buying the mazda if they really want a 3.2 fast. Are quality control/delivery issues also affecting mazda as much as the ford? Anyone got Peter Fleet's email address? lol

Has anyone seen a 3.2 bt50 delivered yet? If they can deliver, I see a number buying the mazda if they really want a 3.2 fast. Are quality control/delivery issues also affecting mazda as much as the ford? Anyone got Peter Fleet's email address? lol

[email protected] and he replied promptly when I emailed him, I imagine he'll give you an honest answer.

[email protected] and he replied promptly when I emailed him, I imagine he'll give you an honest answer.

Cool, what did he tell you re: the hold ups to delivery / quality control problems? I don't want to bother him with the same questions he probably gets everyday.

Cool, what did he tell you re: the hold ups to delivery / quality control problems? I don't want to bother him with the same questions he probably gets everyday.

It was a few months ago now and was about the 2.2 Wildtrak, I first contacted him through facebook and didn't expect a reply but I got one. He took a while to reply as he doesn't use fb that often so gave me his email address but I'd changed to an XLT so didn't need to email him. He seemed approachable and keen to help which, for someone in his position, I was surprised by.

I've seen an orange wildtrak around a few times. I must say I'm a bit disappointed in the colour. I thought it would look more orange like in the pics.

and it will be a 2.2 as well. A nice colour is the gunmetal blue, but not sure if it will be on the 3.2

When the sales guy called me last week saying he had a 'blue one', I went and had a look and it's the Gunmetal Blue XLT which was my 3rd colour choice. I have a job in Vietnam coming up shortly and considered waiting for the True Red (first choice) but decided 'bugger it' they would still need me here to do the paperwork so I went with it. I paid the down last Saturday afternoon and he just called saying they are putting the film on the windows and will be ready at noon. Bed liner and other gizmo's going on back-order.

On the front lot last week, I noticed a 2.2 Wildtrack as well. I was deceived at first as the Chili Orange looked dull as ditch water under overcast skies. According to the brochure, the Wildtrack will only have black, white, silver and grey as the alternatives to chili.

I can see a number with appalling taste buying the Mazda. It is NOT a pretty sight. I thought it was a 50/50 call when Ford and Mazda first published the pictures but the more BT-50's I see, the more I cringe. Funnily enough about 20 years ago in the US, Mazda had a marketing campaign that had a "Ma Baker" type exhorting the viewer, "Don't you buy no ugly truck!"

Regarding quality control issues... I think that was some frustrated wait-lister quoting an equally frustrated salesman on the perpetual 'where's my truck?' question. I haven't read anything to corroborate this QC issue. It's still down mainly to small parts suppliers that were wiped out in the floods. Little things like the lack of springs in the seat-slider or plastic clips to hold door trim in place can make a whole production line grind to a halt.

Delivery? Yes, Ford does have delivery issues such as a dealer having absolutely no clue when a transporter will be coming, what will be on the transporter and what color they will be. The local dealer seems to agree that some days they come into work and "Pow"... there they are... four Fiesta's, an Everest, a couple of LT and a black XLT (that nobody ordered). Then they can't do squat because the sales rep with the wait-listers phone numbers on his cellphone has a couple of days off for his sisters wedding in Nakhon Nowhere.

Edited by NanLaew

Got to say i love my chili orange 2.2 might trade it in when the 3.2 comes out but I think the color is awesome. Its doing 12.1/100kms which is what I expected... But the aircon on the lowest is a bit too cold....Thats the only problem I have with it... Race my brother inlaws Vigo Champ and he only beat me by a bonet lenght in about 500 meters... Goes much better than wjen I first got it and the computers have adjusted....

Oil change now as its done 1000km..

Recommended for all new cars

Seriously you cant blame the salesman. My salesman was honest and said he really didnt know as the bigger guys were giving then the info of when where etc....

My guu has been really helpdul. Even after nearly a month he has come over to my office and personally delivered the eng manual. Nontaburi branch have made me a happy customer... I can give anyone his details if wanted. No BS just tells me how it is and what he knows.

Seriously you cant blame the salesman. My salesman was honest and said he really didnt know as the bigger guys were giving then the info of when where etc....

My guu has been really helpdul. Even after nearly a month he has come over to my office and personally delivered the eng manual. Nontaburi branch have made me a happy customer... I can give anyone his details if wanted. No BS just tells me how it is and what he knows.

I am not blaming the salesman; there was a good interaction between you and the Nonthaburi guy. I had a good rapport with the young guy here in Udon despite his total lack of English and my rudimentary Isaan! However, not all foreigners and not all salesmen are alike and a more vocal, less polite foreigner may intimidate that less confident, more nervous sales guy into making up stories. For example, I used to have a Chinese tailor on Sukhumvit who would always give the answer he thought you wanted to hear when asked when the suit would be ready. "Tomorrow!" he would always say. A few minutes later, I would ask again more casually and the answer would be, "A couple of days." Finally,when the measurements were all made and the deposit paid and I was having a cup of tea, I would ask a third time and get the correct answer which was always, "After the weekend, sir."

Anyway, there was a last minute phone call from the Tissco as they couldn't read some of the stuff the dealer faxed to them so rather than act as a go-between, the sales guy let them speak with me direct. All sorted and the new XLT is outside the house as it is too long for the driveway which is reserved for her CR-V.

When the sales guy called me last week saying he had a 'blue one', I went and had a look and it's the Gunmetal Blue XLT which was my 3rd colour choice. I have a job in Vietnam coming up shortly and considered waiting for the True Red (first choice) but decided 'bugger it' they would still need me here to do the paperwork so I went with it. I paid the down last Saturday afternoon and he just called saying they are putting the film on the windows and will be ready at noon. Bed liner and other gizmo's going on back-order.

On the front lot last week, I noticed a 2.2 Wildtrack as well. I was deceived at first as the Chili Orange looked dull as ditch water under overcast skies. According to the brochure, the Wildtrack will only have black, white, silver and grey as the alternatives to chili.

That blue is nice, there is one blue double cab in my village. Did they also fit the bed liner for free, or you don't have that yet? I'm curious to know if the rear view camera can be fitted as an accessory, as it's only found in the wildtrak.

I can see a number with appalling taste buying the Mazda. It is NOT a pretty sight.

Taste is subject to.............taste smile.png

Life would be boring if there were no differences.

Lucky we have choices I think.

PS: sign me undecided ;)

Edited by flying

Got to say i love my chili orange 2.2 might trade it in when the 3.2 comes out but I think the color is awesome. Its doing 12.1/100kms which is what I expected... But the aircon on the lowest is a bit too cold....Thats the only problem I have with it... Race my brother inlaws Vigo Champ and he only beat me by a bonet lenght in about 500 meters... Goes much better than wjen I first got it and the computers have adjusted....

12l / 100km seem a lot or am i wrong . It is heavy , but still i was thinking of a lot less then 10l /100km

12l / 100km seem a lot or am i wrong . It is heavy , but still i was thinking of a lot less then 10l /100km

Yeah that sounds like 3.2 town consumption! I was thinking the 2.2 should give 8km/l on the highway, maybe 10km/l in town, so 12 seems a little high, though it improve with more kms.

That blue is nice, there is one blue double cab in my village. Did they also fit the bed liner for free, or you don't have that yet? I'm curious to know if the rear view camera can be fitted as an accessory, as it's only found in the wildtrak.

Yes, it has grown on me and it does get lot's of attention parked up at Tesco's, etc., but that may be the Texas license plates as well (the dealer was out of red plates). No worries, been there and done that and always have a few red bills ready for the less forgiving 'traffic' cop.

I didn't clutter up the order with the bed liner as it seemed that they were a back-order item and it was bad enough waiting almost 3 months to get the truck. They did ask me as we were wrapping up the deal but they didn't want to move on any 'freebies' beyond the window tint and those rain deflectors around the tops of the doors (that I didn't want!)... it was a hard push to get them to take it next door and get a full tank for free.

Other impressions as I approach 100km... the airconditioner is more than adequate but is more noisy if the floor venting is selected. Face venting is quiet though, even on high speed. The sound system is very good; I have my mp3 player plugged into the Aux socket so playing my favourites so I know what they should sound like. Haven't had any issues with the accelarator 'lag' that got some comments a few pages back. I have found that when I do plant it from a red light, it lays rubber quite handily... honest, I didn't mean to! Twice!!

I am 6'4" and the seat is cranked all the way down and all the way back but still decent space behind me and more knee clearance than I have in a Vigo that I have driven loads in. The lever on the left side of the drivers seat to stiffen lumbar support is perfect and have also adjusted the rake of the steering wheel so it's very comfy so far on local runabouts. I will say the front seat head rests are huge and do make for some ducking about to see past the passenger one, checking for traffic when emerging from an angled junction. I can see myself removing that one. The tires had about 48psi when I got it so I have let them down to 40psi and the drive out to the farm was smooth enough and the 'sleeping policemen' near the old house don't rattle the doors too much. Same for the level crossings. I got the 60% Lamina window tint which is a tad darker than the 60% 3M tint I have in the CR-V but I have driven at night (and in a downpour an hour ago) and visibility is OK although the even darker tinted rain deflector they fitted with the free tint makes for a larger 'blind spot' on the drivers-side 'A' pillar in conjunction with the large wing mirror. I usually like to slide the window open about 6" for those right-hand turns at night but the Lamina tint people have placed 'do not use for 7 days' stickers over the bloody window buttons!

Anyway, like Mrs NL, so far she's a keeper.

Yes, it has grown on me and it does get lot's of attention parked up at Tesco's, etc., but that may be the Texas license plates as well (the dealer was out of red plates). No worries, been there and done that and always have a few red bills ready for the less forgiving 'traffic' cop.

I didn't clutter up the order with the bed liner as it seemed that they were a back-order item and it was bad enough waiting almost 3 months to get the truck. They did ask me as we were wrapping up the deal but they didn't want to move on any 'freebies' beyond the window tint and those rain deflectors around the tops of the doors (that I didn't want!)... it was a hard push to get them to take it next door and get a full tank for free.

With a massive backlog there's no surprise they weren't too forthcoming with freebies! It's not as though they can't sell trucks (re: takwe the booking fee), just having some trouble delivering them. You got the free insurance though didn't you?

A 3.2 wildtrack on Jomtien beach road today.

post-48976-133589458395_thumb.jpg

post-48976-133589460634_thumb.jpg

post-48976-133589462866_thumb.jpg

post-48976-133589464824_thumb.jpg

That's interesting, but it says '6 speed', so it's not the auto. And has a roller shutter that looks like a standard fitment. It looks like an export model as we are not supposed to get the manual 3.2 here.

Want that roller shutter ! Wonder if it will be an accessory here? It's factory built, so ford dealers should supply them. That's tho commonsense approach anyway !

That's interesting, but it says '6 speed', so it's not the auto. And has a roller shutter that looks like a standard fitment. It looks like an export model as we are not supposed to get the manual 3.2 here.

Want that roller shutter ! Wonder if it will be an accessory here? It's factory built, so ford dealers should supply them. That's tho commonsense approach anyway !

It still says 6 speed on the auto models I believe as it is still a 6 speed auto

auto is also a 6 speed, taking a peek in the cabin would answer that one.

Anyway, from my perspective, the sales guy was always upfront and straight forward; however Ford's complete lack of understanding of SCM and subsequent promising and repromising (such as offering delivery in March, then June, then July, then not at all) for the 3.2 is a definitely good way to annoy customers; if they had been upfront at the beginning and not promised March, June, July, then I might have stayed in the queue. The sales guy was equally frustrated, as he gets commission on sales, not on downpayments.

Well, anyhow, now fighting with them to get my deposit back, it's 3 weeks and counting; and they have vanished.... it isn't often that someone of my minor standing gets dicked around like this (by virtue of my occupation they know who I am when I walk into the dealership, and they have known who I am at Ford HQ since beginning of last year when I first joined the queue for the 3.2) but Ford seem to have the attitude that this is their money to hang onto as long as they want even though the deposit has a clear condition "conditional on 3.2 delivery within April 2012" which they haven't met. Hmmmm...it's a bit worrying when they can't get the delivery right, but even more worrying when they want to pull shinanagins like this.

It doesn't exactly make me positive towards the company when something so basic

It still says 6 speed on the auto models I believe as it is still a 6 speed auto

In Thailand at least, the auto has "6 auto" on the emblem, whereas the manual has "6 speed". However, if this car is for another market, that may now apply. Need to be nosey and look inside it:). Ive neither seen nor heard of a roller shutter for it here, so I still think this is a demo car or one for export. Can't wait for the real McCoy, as the BT50 is starting to deliver their (cheaper) 3.2's....