Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the internet searching I have done about these systems say the same thing, you must remove the chip from the original key and place it near the ignition to bypass the OEM immobilizer. These systems seem to range from about 3000 to 7000 THB on eBay, or about a 1/3 to 1/2 of what was quoted above.

Edited by CDNinKS

Jesus Christ that went up dramatically, obviously not keen on selling too many.

If you look at the original YouTube posting, a year ago, he was quoting 9000 baht for the key/button + 2000 baht for the remote start (in Thai) so your 6000 baht quote was a tad out of line. Either way, I have asked him if he will throw in the PO-40 for free with the 16,000 baht package. He's located at Zeer Rangsit.

Jesus Christ that went up dramatically, obviously not keen on selling too many.

If you look at the original YouTube posting, a year ago, he was quoting 9000 baht for the key/button + 2000 baht for the remote start (in Thai) so your 6000 baht quote was a tad out of line. Either way, I have asked him if he will throw in the PO-40 for free with the 16,000 baht package. He's located at Zeer Rangsit.

I know where he is located, his quote was a verbal one over the phone, remote start 6k and headlights 11k.

Going back to My Question that didn't include Lowering, can you chose and order the ride height on Commercial Vehicles such as Ford Rangers and Mazda Utes...coffee1.gif

You can choose from what they have on offer. 4x2 standard/4x2 Hi-rider/4x4.

on a side note 22" wheels look better than 20's, still looks like a rollerskate but not as much as before.

20130411_1822202_zpsd497234a.jpg

Once I lift it 4 inches I'll go back to the 20" rims and throw some of these muddies on (35/12.5/20).

20130411_1525591_zps693736b6.jpg

Just curious, but what series tires have you got on those 22" rims? 50's?

Going back to My Question that didn't include Lowering, can you chose and order the ride height on Commercial Vehicles such as Ford Rangers and Mazda Utes...coffee1.gif

You can choose from what they have on offer. 4x2 standard/4x2 Hi-rider/4x4.

on a side note 22" wheels look better than 20's, still looks like a rollerskate but not as much as before.

20130411_1822202_zpsd497234a.jpg

Once I lift it 4 inches I'll go back to the 20" rims and throw some of these muddies on (35/12.5/20).

20130411_1525591_zps693736b6.jpg

Just curious, but what series tires have you got on those 22" rims? 50's?

I have a set of 20's on mine with 65 profile, i'll dig out some pictures.

I really wanted 18's with a chunky All Terrain tire but the bridgestones were about 12K each!!! too rich for me right now, maybe later on though.

@ Marganman, tyres are 275/45/22, heres some better pic's.

20130412_1803451_zps1bf7740b.jpg

20130412_1802281_zpsfc992d3a.jpg

@ Jailai, those 35x12.5x20 Toyo's are 12k each.

@ Big Guns, Really do you think I could have up-spec'd to a better model for 42,000B ??

Edited by Spoonman

20's with 65 profile and 30mm offset.attachicon.gifDSCN2153.JPG

Nice pic JaiLai.........................if you don't mind my asking, which tires did you go with?

Tires are Dunlops, they do the job for now.

I have yokohamas on a set of 22's on another vehicle I have with a 40 profile, they're 13k a pop and I'm lucky to get 40k clicks out of them so basically a new set a year - not cheap! That's why a went for a bigger profile on the ranger

20's with 65 profile and 30mm offset.attachicon.gifDSCN2153.JPG

Nice pic JaiLai.........................if you don't mind my asking, which tires did you go with?

Tires are Dunlops, they do the job for now.

I have yokohamas on a set of 22's on another vehicle I have with a 40 profile, they're 13k a pop and I'm lucky to get 40k clicks out of them so basically a new set a year - not cheap! That's why a went for a bigger profile on the ranger

Ok, got it, thanks for that. I'm debating a set of, oh say, 275/50/22's for my truck but basically had been hoping to find the best way to get a decent maximum diameter and fill up a bit more of the wheel well space.

@ Big Guns, Really do you think I could have up-spec'd to a better model for 42,000B ??

42,000 THB gets you another couple of doors

42,000 THB gets you another couple of doors

And what would I do with more doors (I already have 4) or are you suggesting a double cab with the shorter pickup tub which would be useless to me, there's a reason why I chose this particular body style and money was not one of them.

Edited by Spoonman

@spoonman I'm really liking the shaved tailgate, very slick indeed and I'm sure I have seen it. I reckon we have passed by each other a few times in a certain part of Pattaya as there can't be too many like that around. Can I ask if that is the original one from Ford modified with new skin, or did you just simply buy a new gate?

Defo the only one around that I have seen so I guess we have crossed paths !!

Modified ford tailgate, not my original but another i sourced (kept my original black standard one incase I want to change it back), cost me Bt.3000 to have done.

Have been to local Ford dealer in Hua Hin today, just wanted to inquire about approx delivery date for my 3.2 Wildtrack which I ordered 6 months ago. So, they said I should wait at least for another 6 months as there are problems at the factory with automatic transmission line. Have anyone heard something about this or it's just a bullshit?

Have been to local Ford dealer in Hua Hin today, just wanted to inquire about approx delivery date for my 3.2 Wildtrack which I ordered 6 months ago. So, they said I should wait at least for another 6 months as there are problems at the factory with automatic transmission line. Have anyone heard something about this or it's just a bullshit?

That sounds a bit odd as the Mazda BT50 is made at the same Auto Alliance factory in Rayong. I received my Mazda 3.2 R Auto in about 2 months. Its got the same 3.2 engine and 6 speed gear box. I guess we'll never find out the real reason for the Wildtrak delays.

Nothing to do with transmissions as far as I know. The issue is there is no allocation for Thailand as they are over subscribed with order oversea's and are filling them first.

Saying that is plenty off reports around in regards to torque converters dieing then pumping metal through the transmissions and destroying them............ I guess that could be called a transmission problem.

Edited by Spoonman

Insurance time!

There must be a few forum members and contributors to this thread that bought their Ranger with the free 1-year of first class insurance last year. What have you done when the renewal fell due? Carry on with the same insurance carrier that the dealership set up or go elsewhere? How much are you paying btw? I have the 2.2 AT Hi-rider (4-door).

The Udon Thani dealer set up the free insurance through LMG and they have sent a letter which appears to offer continued terms... but doesn't state the costs but asks that I visit their local office! I have also received a billing letter from TISCO (the finance company) with 'Ford Ensure' branding that appears to offer three options with the lowest being 17,998 baht and the highest 19,701 baht. That one looks like it is structured as 6 monthly payments of approximately 3,000 baht. A friend of mine who bought a new Isuzu 4-door pickup last year reckons his annual insurance quote was nearer 22,000 baht.

Anyone with experience with LMG and/or Ford Ensure? My friend recommended the one 'linked' with the product as they probably will do any insurance claim repairs at the dealerships' own body shop. That was based on his experience with his first Isuzu p/u from 7 years ago. He says the upside of is having a good location and ease of getting parts. I do recall assisting another friend when collecting his Fortuner from the repair shop recommended by his insurance carrier several years ago. Although it was a great repair, the shop was hidden away in the boonies and they were piss-poor on estimating the time for repair and didn't like to answer the phone.

Thanks in advance for any advice and guidance.

Out of interest, does anyone know what how many km's you have left when the fuel warning lights comes on, 30 / 50 / 70 kms?

I once arrived at a petrol station with 1 km showing on the gauge. Didn't plan it that way, just no where to fill up.

Out of interest, does anyone know what how many km's you have left when the fuel warning lights comes on, 30 / 50 / 70 kms?

Fuel warning light and the first chime happens at 90km remaining.

If you scroll through the LCD dashboard display options, you will find this approximate 'calculation'.

The chime happens every subsequent 10km until you either fill up or go empty.

Edited by NanLaew

Fuel warning light and the first chime happens at 90km remaining.

If you scroll through the LCD dashboard display options, you will find this approximate 'calculation'.

The chime happens every subsequent 10km until you either fill up or go empty.

Yes thereabouts, mine came on yesterday and showed 77km left but I think it will calculate according to current fuel consumption

and I was doing city driving at the time.

It was exactly 2000 bath to fill up 5km later by the way.

mine comes on at 80km left.

As for insurance, I have the freebie deal and my repeated requested to re-issue new papers that state my actual vehicle rather than a 2.2 diesel 7 seat fiesta seem to fall on deaf ears, I have only had to use it once and it took nearly a dozen phone calls before they would send the assessor out to the accident.

I'll be changing to another company when renewal is due.

Edited by Spoonman

I have Vyriah insurance on my Ranger,not freeby,cost 23000 for this first year.unfortunately got a cracked windscreen the other day,insurance assessor was with me within an hour and the new screen fitted the next morning.

In the past 10 years Vyriah have given me excellent service dealing with claims.