Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

FYI - i put a deposit down on 2.2 WT 2 door start Jan and was told delivery in June / July, got it the other day ( this is Ford Pattaya ).

Has anyone put on a set of 20" rims?

I saw a nice WT with 285/65/18's on and it look nice, i was just wondering is you could squeeze on a set of 20's with keeping the same profile 65's?

Ungabunga,

Where did you trade in your stock rims, at Ford?

Thanks.

A 285x65x20 will be 100 mm more than the OEM rolling diameter and may cause clearance issues on the front, not to mention it will result in your speedo being 13.5% slow.

I have 275x45x20's on mine and they are 12.5 mm under OEM rolling diameter, once they need replacing I'll be going to a 285x55x20 which will put me 18.5mm over OEM.

12120004-Copy.jpg

Edited by Spoonman

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

110,000 more than I will be paying for mine....

You're paying 620K for a T6 XLT hi-rider 2.2L 6AT?!?

If yes, you might want to check for blood stains and shoddy repairs.. wink.png

Nope my new 3.2 at 1,040,000 not the one advertised at 1,149,000.....

looks like a few quick bucks to made here if you had the foresight to order a couple at the begining

Ahh, you referring to some other ad, not the one posted by mark131v - which seems a very fair price ;)

As for the other poster looking for +50,000 for an undelivered car with a promised delivery date we all know has changed 10 times already and is highly likely to blow out again, he can keep on dreaming. I suggest he reposts when his new 3.2L is actually in the dealership, and also hope that happens for him before the new Hilux, Triton and Navara come next year ;)

Just had a look on baht and sold and the white 3.2 WT has sold already, nice lttle profit of 110,000 baht made for doing nothing other than ordering at the right time, looking good for me and I am now really glad I ordered when I did it seems unlike back in the UK where as soon as you drive out of the garage you lose money it appears in Thailand the trend is reversed

Just had a look on baht and sold and the white 3.2 WT has sold already, nice lttle profit of 110,000 baht made for doing nothing other than ordering at the right time, looking good for me and I am now really glad I ordered when I did it seems unlike back in the UK where as soon as you drive out of the garage you lose money it appears in Thailand the trend is reversed

But how do you know it sold for the price as advertised?

FYI - i put a deposit down on 2.2 WT 2 door start Jan and was told delivery in June / July, got it the other day ( this is Ford Pattaya ).

I saw a nice WT with 285/65/18's on and it look nice, i was just wondering is you could squeeze on a set of 20's with keeping the same profile 65's?

Ungabunga,

Thanks.

A 285x65x20 will be 100 mm more than the OEM rolling diameter and may cause clearance issues on the front, not to mention it will result in your speedo being 13.5% slow.

I have 275x45x20's on mine and they are 12.5 mm under OEM rolling diameter, once they need replacing I'll be going to a 285x55x20 which will put me 18.5mm over OEM.

12120004-Copy.jpg

Very nice.

How do you know there will not be any clearance issues when you change to 285/55/20's? sorry if this is a stupid question.

Thanks.

Ungabunga,

Thanks.

Very nice.

How do you know there will not be any clearance issues when you change to 285/55/20's? sorry if this is a stupid question.

Thanks.

No such thing as a stupid question.

The increase over standard with the 285/55/20 is only marginal and as my rims have a different offset (+30) than OEM means there will be plenty of clearance. A 285/55/20 on a Standard (+50) offset would have clearance issues I would expect.

To make sense of that my rims are 20mm further out than standard.

Edited by Spoonman

This is my lo rider xlt,with hi rider wheels on it.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Nicethumbsup.gif

Looks like you spend some money on it here and there.

Only ting I spend on extras on mine is parking sensors, which I find necessary on such a large vehicle.

Next will most likely be a roller shutter which all in all will be 24K bath at BoyAir Pattaya.

Edited by guzzi850m2

Nicethumbsup.gif

Only ting I spend on extras on mine is parking sensors, which I find necessary on such a large vehicle.

Next will most likely be a roller shutter which all in all will be 24K bath at BoyAir Pattaya.

Are you getting the Raiton cover? I have sent a couple emails to Carryboy to ask if and when they will have one and no reply as yet. They are still showing on their website as "coming soon"

Would appreciate a picture (on your truck) and your opinion of the Raiton if you go ahead with it.

Are you getting the Raiton cover? I have sent a couple emails to Carryboy to ask if and when they will have one and no reply as yet. They are still showing on their website as "coming soon"

Would appreciate a picture (on your truck) and your opinion of the Raiton if you go ahead with it.

I am not sure which brand it is, the picture they showed me was just a homemade one (the pix), black alu, looked good.

I am still a bit uncertain if just a plastic cover is the best option, the lock looks flimsy on the shutters I seen.

But yes if I go for the shutter option I will post some pictures, no prob.

It would be nice to hear other poster's opinion about plastic cover versus shutter. I don't want a lid as we sometimes buy large plants for the garden.

Nice:thumbsup:

I put step plates on it and door handle protecters to protect the sills and handle areas. 800 baht for set of 4 for each at Boy Air.Pattaya. 2 daylight lights at front bumber area, 1400 baht fitted.

Ranger letters on chrome at front changed to red with stickers,looks good on white car.black stripe,bonnet and roof.2700 baht.

Traded 16"inch alloys in for 17 inch alloys off a hi rider,brand new,14.000 baht.Sits it up nicely.

Rear load cover,Vynyl 1400 baht fitted.and front Vynyl seat covers 2000 baht.

All in all looks well without a fortune spent...

Have considered parking sensors,but got used to reversing it quite well.

Did you put sensors already??if so how much are they?? Thanks...

Edited by puuchai299

I am not sure which brand it is, the picture they showed me was just a homemade one (the pix), black alu, looked good.

I am still a bit uncertain if just a plastic cover is the best option, the lock looks flimsy on the shutters I seen.

It would be nice to hear other poster's opinion about plastic cover versus shutter. I don't want a lid as we sometimes buy large plants for the garden.

That is the same reason I want a roller cover, still want the option of hauling something tall.

Just got off the phone with Carry Boy.....she promised to look into why they show the roller cover on the online brochure but at the shop here in Hua Hin they say not available. Not holding my breath for a reply as I have emailed this very same lady numerous times without response.

Thankyou,by the way was they 4 point sensors?? Thanks again..

No 2 point. They said that 4 point was not an option due to the bumper lay-out, it angles down where the No. plate is mounted.

Not true...I got 4 point sensors and they work just fine...there are 2 on each side and not under the plate space...

Thankyou,by the way was they 4 point sensors?? Thanks again..

No 2 point. They said that 4 point was not an option due to the bumper lay-out, it angles down where the No. plate is mounted.

Not true...I got 4 point sensors and they work just fine...there are 2 on each side and not under the plate space...

Yes, and I believe the one that come from Ford on the 3.2 have 4 sensors. I just ordered a set on Ebay....$21 USd free shipping. I really wanted the ones that go a solid tone at the closest distance and this seller says that is what his do....lets see if that is right.

Yes, and I believe the one that come from Ford on the 3.2 have 4 sensors. I just ordered a set on Ebay....$21 USd free shipping. I really wanted the ones that go a solid tone at the closest distance and this seller says that is what his do....lets see if that is right.

OK I see your point but mine works just fine and they also go like bip - bip with shorter and shorter intervals until solid tone just before impact.

OK I see your point but mine works just fine and they also go like bip - bip with shorter and shorter intervals until solid tone just before impact.

OK, thats great. I have seen some that go from a slow beep to an ever increasing beep, never to a solid tone. Glad they work well for you.

That is the same reason I want a roller cover, still want the option of hauling something tall.

Just got off the phone with Carry Boy.....she promised to look into why they show the roller cover on the online brochure but at the shop here in Hua Hin they say not available. Not holding my breath for a reply as I have emailed this very same lady numerous times without response.

Well surprise, surprise I received a response.

Dear Mr. XXXXX,

I have checked at factory and they said this product is not available in

Thailand anymore. Our brochure on website not update.

We are sorry for any inconvenient that has cause you.

Best Regards,

Suphansa Ninsamai

Secretary Export Manager

T.R.K. BANGKOK INDUSTRY & EXPORTER CO., LTD

888 Luangphaeng rd., Tabyao, Ladkrabang, Bangkok,

Thailand, 10520

Tel: +66(0)-360-7555 Ext. 61

Fax: +66(0)-360-7551

So I guess it is Raiton cover or nothing.....