Ford Ranger T6 2.2 Tdci

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my lo rider xlt,with hi rider wheels on it.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I see you are parked on Soi 6. Was that before or after your trip to Big-C (formerly Carrefour) and parked up beside me a couple of days back?

Lol.i think before big C, ah that was you parked at bottom end of car park ??

Yes indeed, that was my bog standard, gunmetal blue, 10-month old, 26,000 km XLT that has also been frequently spotted parked outside the Queen Vic.

This is my lo rider xlt,with hi rider wheels on it.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I see you are parked on Soi 6. Was that before or after your trip to Big-C (formerly Carrefour) and parked up beside me a couple of days back?

Yes indeed, that was my bog standard, gunmetal blue, 10-month old, 26,000 km XLT that has also been frequently spotted parked outside the Queen Vic.

And may I ask?how you liking it after 10 months and 26K? Thanks..

It's still a winner. Firm and comfy ride for these long trips and just about manageable down the narrower soi's and into the scarce parking spots. Happily cruises at 120 kmh but has been pushed over 145 kmh when escaping from danger... or I just felt like it. I haven't dinged anything yet but someone did give my back bumper a good clout judging by the dent! From the fuel computer, I am getting even better mileage since the 15,000km service. I had plans only to keep it until the 3.2's were more available but that looks like a no-hoper anyway. It's more than adequate as the family charabanc as well as the pig/chicken/duck transporter so like the wife, she's a keeper.

It's still a winner. Firm and comfy ride for these long trips and just about manageable down the narrower soi's and into the scarce parking spots. Happily cruises at 120 kmh but has been pushed over 145 kmh when escaping from danger... or I just felt like it. I haven't dinged anything yet but someone did give my back bumper a good clout judging by the dent! From the fuel computer, I am getting even better mileage since the 15,000km service. I had plans only to keep it until the 3.2's were more available but that looks like a no-hoper anyway. It's more than adequate as the family charabanc as well as the pig/chicken/duck transporter so like the wife, she's a keeper.

Thanks for that,I'm more than happy with the power from this 2.2,I think it's a bit hard to slow down as it rolls on so well in sixth gear..fuel wise it seems no worse than my old 2.5 ranger I had before...

Ungabunga, how did the 2.2 and 3.2 compare? I have never driven a 2.2 or 3.2 Auto only a Mazda 2.2 Manual so I would be very intrested to hear what the main differences where for you, come to think of it I have also never had a look around the 3.2 yet or seen how the camera and sensors and other toys work it would be good to hear what you thought....

Only took the 3.2 for a spin along a back road and I promised the owner that I would be gentle with his new truck (who understandably insisted he come along), so not much chance to explore it fully unfortunately. The ride was basically the same but most noticeable difference was acceleration that had back of my head pinned to the headrest. It's quick. The rear mirror/camera system is neatly done and works well although the display is a bit on the small side for my dodgy eyes but I think that its certainly nice to have, as are the sensors which are essential for someone like me who hadn't driven a truck of this size before, very pleased I had them fitted. You'll have more offroading capability with hill descent and the likes, but not sure how often that would get used. Cooled center console, dual a/c and smart 18" alloy wheels (which incidentally you'd get about 34,000 Baht for if you wanted to trade in with less than 1000 kms) are all good.

PS I find the Bluetooth pairing excellent and steering wheel based controls and voice recognition are great to play around with. USB slot to play your music from gets used daily too. I still havent figured out the voice commands fully yet, so I'll wait for you to give me some tips! Or if you're in the Pattaya area you're welcome to get in touch and we can try and arrange a "test drive" of my pal's 3.2

Roll on April smile.png

...are you sure,that they give 34K trade in?....I was offered 16K for the 17" wheels off 2.2L...sad.png

I got 18K for 17" rims off 2.2 WT from a shop just down from SSCC on the opposite side of Suk, not bad i thought.

Ungabunga, how did the 2.2 and 3.2 compare? I have never driven a 2.2 or 3.2 Auto only a Mazda 2.2 Manual so I would be very intrested to hear what the main differences where for you, come to think of it I have also never had a look around the 3.2 yet or seen how the camera and sensors and other toys work it would be good to hear what you thought....

Only took the 3.2 for a spin along a back road and I promised the owner that I would be gentle with his new truck (who understandably insisted he come along), so not much chance to explore it fully unfortunately. The ride was basically the same but most noticeable difference was acceleration that had back of my head pinned to the headrest. It's quick. The rear mirror/camera system is neatly done and works well although the display is a bit on the small side for my dodgy eyes but I think that its certainly nice to have, as are the sensors which are essential for someone like me who hadn't driven a truck of this size before, very pleased I had them fitted. You'll have more offroading capability with hill descent and the likes, but not sure how often that would get used. Cooled center console, dual a/c and smart 18" alloy wheels (which incidentally you'd get about 34,000 Baht for if you wanted to trade in with less than 1000 kms) are all good.

PS I find the Bluetooth pairing excellent and steering wheel based controls and voice recognition are great to play around with. USB slot to play your music from gets used daily too. I still havent figured out the voice commands fully yet, so I'll wait for you to give me some tips! Or if you're in the Pattaya area you're welcome to get in touch and we can try and arrange a "test drive" of my pal's 3.2

Roll on April smile.png

...are you sure,that they give 34K trade in?....I was offered 16K for the 17" wheels off 2.2L...sad.png

I got 18K for 17" rims off 2.2 WT from a shop just down from SSCC on the opposite side of Suk, not bad i thought.

Yes not bad, (I was offered pretty much same, 20k for mine just at the weekend). Out of interest how many Km's did you have on your stock 17" rims? more than 1000?

Incidentally the lad who I spoke with who had the 3.2 with 18" rims is adamant he got 30K for his, from Siri Anan Karnyang (up past Banglamungabunga on way to Laem Chabang). He changed his literally on way home after picking up his new truck from Ford.

What new rims did you get? Post a pic and liven up this dreary monday morning! :)

Thanks for that,I'm more than happy with the power from this 2.2,I think it's a bit hard to slow down as it rolls on so well in sixth gear..fuel wise it seems no worse than my old 2.5 ranger I had before...

I have had to SERIOUSLY rely on the ABS a couple of times over the last 10 months and I can assure you, there are no issues with slowing her down when really pressed.

When you get bored, try using the manual "+/-" gear shifting options. I enjoyed pretending it was a stick shift on the congested hills around Mauk Lek on the way from Korat.

Edited by NanLaew

Yeah, perhaps i could have got a couple thousand baht more if i tried but i could n't really be bothered with all the messing about.

I will post a couple of photo's this week when i have time.

I really like the look of this car and I am seriously considering. What I am a little afraid of is that the build quality and reliability isnt at the japanese level especially once it gets older.

...don't worry...they are all build in...Thailand laugh.png

On the + side:

http://on.aol.com/video/2012-ford-ranger-receives-5-star-euro-ncap-517189093

2012 FORD RANGER TRUCK NCAP EURO CRASH TESTS

The only truck to receive 5 stars.

Google Beluga Whale Smile on Google Images. I thougt the new white in the Market was going to grab my bag of Fish..Jeez their bloody Ugly, never noticed em before. Stick 2 Headlights on Old Moby and theres a Ranger.cheesy.gif

On the + side:

http://on.aol.com/video/2012-ford-ranger-receives-5-star-euro-ncap-517189093

2012 FORD RANGER TRUCK NCAP EURO CRASH TESTS

The only truck to receive 5 stars.

Google Beluga Whale Smile on Google Images. I thougt the new white in the Market was going to grab my bag of Fish..Jeez their bloody Ugly, never noticed em before. Stick 2 Headlights on Old Moby and theres a Ranger.cheesy.gif

Are you on drugs or some other medication as you make very little sense....

Yeah ok, I echo the "are you on drugs question" as well.

Ive lost my Self Opinionated and No Humour Tablets. Am i out of place here.w00t.gif

No mate not at all, you are welcome to your opinion but you just sound a bit knob is all....

Yeah ok, I echo the "are you on drugs question" as well.

Ive lost my Self Opinionated and No Humour Tablets. Am i out of place here.w00t.gif

No mate not at all, you are welcome to your opinion but you just sound a bit knob is all....

OK...that's 'normal'.....no problemo...wink.png

Thankyou,by the way was they 4 point sensors?? Thanks again..

No 2 point. They said that 4 point was not an option due to the bumper lay-out, it angles down where the No. plate is mounted.

Not true...I got 4 point sensors and they work just fine...there are 2 on each side and not under the plate space...

I also just had some sensors installed at Boy Air and Sound. When i spoke to them there they said can only put 2 point, i told them this was not true and that 4 points is possible, left the truck there and came home - they were busy.

Got a phone call a bit later and said again only 2 sensors possible, could n't be bothered with trying to explain again so told them to put the 2 sensors most outwards on bumper, almost directly under tail lights.

Went to pick the truck up later in the day and guess what....... 4 sensors - all working - <deleted>??? After so many years here this place continues to baffle me! total cost 3K.

So today i wake up early 06:15 and go to back out the truck from my drive way, throw it in reverse and one continuos tone, gate open, nothing behind me?? Pissed off i make plans to go back and ask them <deleted>? on the way i stop for coffee and mess about reversing for a bit and all sensors now working??

I can only assume it has something to do with the moisture in the air first thing in the morning that may affect them?? Anyone else had an experience like this? All sensors are working fine now - no issues.

I will se what happens tomorrow morning

No 2 point. They said that 4 point was not an option due to the bumper lay-out, it angles down where the No. plate is mounted.

Not true...I got 4 point sensors and they work just fine...there are 2 on each side and not under the plate space...

I also just had some sensors installed at Boy Air and Sound. When i spoke to them there they said can only put 2 point, i told them this was not true and that 4 points is possible, left the truck there and came home - they were busy.

Got a phone call a bit later and said again only 2 sensors possible, could n't be bothered with trying to explain again so told them to put the 2 sensors most outwards on bumper, almost directly under tail lights.

Went to pick the truck up later in the day and guess what....... 4 sensors - all working - <deleted>??? After so many years here this place continues to baffle me! total cost 3K.

So today i wake up early 06:15 and go to back out the truck from my drive way, throw it in reverse and one continuos tone, gate open, nothing behind me?? Pissed off i make plans to go back and ask them <deleted>? on the way i stop for coffee and mess about reversing for a bit and all sensors now working??

I can only assume it has something to do with the moisture in the air first thing in the morning that may affect them?? Anyone else had an experience like this? All sensors are working fine now - no issues.

They act weird when you have some dirt on them,moisture,if your gate (truck) is down.....

Mine kept malfunctioning when first installed. Took them back to be "worked on". A km or 2 down the road, playing up again. Took them back, they replaced the "black box" for the sensors inside the tail light housing.

Thanks for the info gents, i guess i'll give it a couple more days and see how it goes. Could do without going back and having to sit about for a couple hours to get it sorted!

Does anyone have the camera installed in the Ford logo badge on the tail gate? Was quoted 4K for this yesterday, any experiences?

Thanks.

Thanks for the info gents, i guess i'll give it a couple more days and see how it goes. Could do without going back and having to sit about for a couple hours to get it sorted!

Does anyone have the camera installed in the Ford logo badge on the tail gate? Was quoted 4K for this yesterday, any experiences?

Thanks.

4k for the badge mounted camera and the internal mirror ?

Most of the guys who have followed this thread for a while here probably know already that there's a Thai based Ranger forum here: http://www.allnewrangerclub.com/board/index.php from which you can get some useful info - especially in the DIY section. You'll need to sign up and login to see this however. Incase you haven't seen it might be a good idea if you take a peek and see if you can get the info you're after (you'll need to translate to English if you don't read Thai). They also have a Facebook page if you're on there but not much except pics https://www.facebook.com/AllNewRangerClub

There's also another forum which has alot of the same info, http://www.newrangerclub.com/portal.php and similarly you'll need to sign up and login to see the pics etc.

That is all. :)

Thanks.

4k for the badge mounted camera and the internal mirror ?

YIp, pretty sure that's wot they said.