Fiberglass Tape For Patching Cracks

elektrified

I looked on the building forum and it's available in Thailand. I've looked in Home Pro and Global House. No luck. Home Pro had a large roll of 'fiberglass mesh' that was about 14 inches wide (and cost more than 700 Baht) but the mesh was too large anyway. I'm just looking for a roll or 2 of 2 inch fiberglass tape.

Anyone?

F*** Global House.. they are too slow and a big rip off.. I will never buy from them again.. all the staff just stand at the front door to greet you and say hello then do that Thai thing of pointing with their hand to walk "OVER THERE" to find whatever you want.. do they bring you to the spot.. hell no.. They hire the most ignorant losers as help and they seem to always screw up on what they are giving you.. The returns are what I will never deal with again..

F*** Global House.. they are too slow and a big rip off.. I will never buy from them again.. all the staff just stand at the front door to greet you and say hello then do that Thai thing of pointing with their hand to walk "OVER THERE" to find whatever you want.. do they bring you to the spot.. hell no.. They hire the most ignorant losers as help and they seem to always screw up on what they are giving you.. The returns are what I will never deal with again..

That was very useful. And the fiberglass tape?

The old rule...don't post after having a few...

That was very useful. And the fiberglass tape?

The old rule...don't post after having a few...

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

what are you patching..something fibreglass I assume?..your truck or boat? If so woven fibreglass tape has a 'hard" edge easier to feather and smooth if you just use unwoven matting..cheaper too... assuming it is only a non structural crack.

..as PStan says visit a chandlers...may even get some better advice?

what are you patching..something fibreglass I assume?..your truck or boat? If so woven fibreglass tape has a 'hard" edge easier to feather and smooth if you just use unwoven matting..cheaper too... assuming it is only a non structural crack.

..as PStan says visit a chandlers...may even get some better advice?

It is a structural crack. I'm patching the wall where it meets the ceiling of my kitchen. It's an add on - previously an outdoor Thai-style kitchen. It obviously was never done right to start with and now from having settled, it has opened up. I've tried patching but without the fiberglass tape it has opened up again. And now the tokay, insects, rats, snakes, etc. are free to get in. Other than shoring up the rear of the kitchen with jacks and bracing the two walls together (which the owner won't do of course), it's my only option.

We use fiberglass tape for patching walls all the time in earthquake prone California where I'm from.

I thought I saw some at global house last week. It was on a shelf on the back row of shelving close to the entrance to the tool/electric section. It seemed somewhat out of place, so may have been something different. Didn't pick it up, but looked like the 2 inch roles I used in the states.

I thought I saw some at global house last week. It was on a shelf on the back row of shelving close to the entrance to the tool/electric section. It seemed somewhat out of place, so may have been something different. Didn't pick it up, but looked like the 2 inch roles I used in the states.

Thanks for that. Was just there, must have missed it. No one knew what I was talking about of course. I'll make the journey again...

Are you talking about that tape that you run along joints on dry wall? If so I would be surprised if you can see it in the stores in C/Mai as I once scoured the place for it. All I could ever find was one inch cloth tape.I have a roll here which I bought from Australia, 2 inches wide, almost a full roll, fibre glass slightly sticky on one side, mesh is about one eighth inch. I live almost to Doi Saket. If you want then pm me.