Quick Report: Portland Consulate, Turn-Around Exactly One Week

Just a quick report. I had an effortless go with the Portland Thai Consulate. I mailed off my fee, application, letter of recommendation, photos, and passport on Monday of last week (March 21). I received my visa exactly one week later (March 28), no problems.

It is a multiple-entry, non-immigrant, B visa.

Hope this may help anyone :)

Northern California - the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range. And we've been dealing with record snow numbers, so mail hasn't been as fast as usual. I tracked my package and the consulate had my visa at the post the afternoon that they received it.

I agree that this is a great consulate; I've been using them for years. The woman in charge is named Mary Wheeler and she is very courteous and efficient. If you live close enough to stop in in person and have all your paperwork, pictures and fees in order, she will often issue your visa while you wait in sometimes only a matter of a few minutes depending on the type of visa you want.

Be advised they are only open Monday through Thursday 9:00AM to 11:30AM. Here's the website: Portland Thai Consulate Note the new requirements for multi-entry tourist visas.

Totally agreed! Mary is awesome! Plus I find their new location-- on Hoyt, a little easier to get to and find parking, than their old location in the WTC complex..

So long as you have the right paperwork, the visas are done ASAP and with no issues.. She doesn't "look the other way" in my opinion, to applications that don't meet merit or are lacking some of the requirements, but if yours is complete, she issues it and returns it ASAP!

Edited by gopbi