Good Affordable Seafood Restaurants In Bangkok

zink

What are the good and affordable seafood restaurants in Bangkok?

I already know chains like Kung Pao and Somboon seafood. Thai friends have mentioned going to Chonburi to eat seafood, but certainly there must be something good also in Bangkok?

I've always used the T.Restaurant at 78/12-16 Rajprarop Road, Makkasan.

Before this location it was located opposite the the Amari Wtergate hotel and moved when they redevelopedthe site there.

Same people and I've been going for 5 years and always be satisfied.

Now I can't give you a name, and this isn't a restaurant, as such but an eat all you can BBQ place on the Chao Praya. If you take the up river public ferry, you get off at the stop that is closest to Khao San Road. The ferry goes up the right side of the river, which is where KS Road is, but when it changes sides, it's the second or third stop on the left hand side. I think the bridge is Phra Pinklao Bridge and the stop is just past it. You leap off and turn left. The 'restaurant', big place, 800+ seats at a guess, is just downriver from the bridge by about 50 metres. I took a local friend there a few months back, and we ate more than we should have, two or three large bottles (can't remember exactly) of Singha and the bill was about B330. The choice is enormous, with unlimited seafood.

Edited by F4UCorsair

Similar in setting to the previously recommended BAN KLANG NAM, but somewhat less expensive and a bit less formal is KIN LOM CHOM SAPHAN, at the base of the beautiful Rama 8 bridge, alongside the Chao Praya. It is on soi Samsen 3, Tel: 02 628 8382 Most taxi drivers know where it is but ask before you go to make sure as it is a bit tricky to find.

Good and very reasonably priced seafood along with other Thai dishes. Stunning views of the river and the ships and barges going by.

To insure a riverside table it is best to call ahead and reserve, especially on weekends.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the tips.

I checked the BBQ place near Pinklao bridge, but the seafood selection was very limited. That wasn't very surprising considering that the price is only 109B (or 139B if you come alone).