Non O - Marriage Extension Query,

Hi guys,I'm a British passport holder and have just applied for my first one year extension based on being married to a Thai National, all requirements have been met and it is now under consideration and I have to go back on the 26th April. But, my non O is due to expire on the 25th Arpil and I'm admitted to stay until the 25th April, so surely that is overstay?!? I would have thought they would have stamped the date to go back on the 24th or 25th April?!?Is this normal or has the immigration guy made a mistake?I Just want to double check as don't want any problems being the first one!Thanks for your time, Nick.

Normally they give you a 30 day under consideration in your passsport and your stay should be good until that date.

But sometimes they don't meet the 30 days and tell one to come back after another 30 days, without giving a new permision of stay.

Just call them a few days before the 25th and ask if you can come and get the extension because your permisison to stay end on the 25th. They might say all is ready and come or tell you to not worry and come on the 26th. Either way will be all right.

I reckon you go there in person on 25th and show yourself to the officer that you were there before your admitted stamp expired... You sometimes not sure who you talking to on phone, it may be the information lady telling you on phone "mai pen rai" but it is you who at the end of the day have to pay the price.

good luck!

WG

I reckon you go there in person on 25th and show yourself to the officer that you were there before your admitted stamp expired... You sometimes not sure who you talking to on phone, it may be the information lady telling you on phone "mai pen rai" but it is you who at the end of the day have to pay the price.

good luck!

WG