No Car Blue Book, Car Not In Your Name.

Can't sell it, can't give it to someone else. The person whose name it was purchased with don't need it but would not provide the blue book.

Apart from pushing it off a cliff or making a barbeque with it, how do you recoup any money from from it?

Can it traded in or sold or pawned? Or sold in parts?

You often see sales of vehicle with no book (cheap} on car sales web sites along with the sale of blue books (i cant think why :whistling:) so theres a market for them maybe village car if not dear?, you need to do some 'digging' to find out a way out.

You often see sales of vehicle with no book (cheap} on car sales web sites along with the sale of blue books (i cant think why :whistling:) so theres a market for them maybe village car if not dear?, you need to do some 'digging' to find out a way out.

I have sold a number of cars on my own, I think what you see on car sales web sites simply means the record book of maintenance logs and not the blue book that signifies ownership.

Thanks for the reply.

What car is it, what year?

Someone will buy it whatever the car/year, but the money will not be good.

A lot of older cars are sold without books no problems.

Is the person whose name it is in an ex girlfriend? You could always get someone else to go and see her and say they have bought the car and offer money for the book and docs to transfer the name.

You should always take the blue book to tax the car as they stamp the payment in the back. But it isn't necessary if you use an agent. (300-500baht)

In my experience insurance have never needed to see the book, but they do need the license plate and chassis number.

It is illegal under Thai Law to be in possession of vehicle for more than 14 days that you have a receipt for or paid for and not have transfered the title to you. As you do not have access to the vehicle's title (Blue Book) someone may have used it for an illicit purpose and is selling it on cheaply but cannot transfer the title.

It is also VERY common for people to "Jamnan" or pawn a vehicle to a loanshark who will give it or sell it without title or authority to someone else to use, till the real owner comes back to pay the loan shark. By this time all sorts of bad things can happen to you if you are in possession of the vehicle.

I'm pretty sure I was obliged to hand over the blue book in order to tax and insure my car here in Pattaya...

me to and its recorded in the book ever time its taxed, same with bikes always need green book

I'm pretty sure I was obliged to hand over the blue book in order to tax and insure my car here in Pattaya...

me to and its recorded in the book ever time its taxed, same with bikes always need green book

Agreed - you don't need it for insurance, but without the book the DLT cannot tax the car.

Agreed - you don't need it for insurance, but without the book the DLT cannot tax the car.

insurers want to see the book now and won't issue without it

its been law since last year