Email To Sms Gateway

LivinLOS

Asked this before but didnt get any responses..

I used to have a system where with my old telco you could sent an email to [email protected] and the subject of the email would be sent to you as an SMS..

I have a need for fairly instant alerts to a specific kind of email (I can format the email based on rules within my server side) is there any way to do this on 12Call ??

Basically any email SMS gateway for 12Call pre pay ??

In the U.S.A. my T-Mobile post-paid email-->SMS is addressed as my mobile [email protected]. I'd check with 1-2-Call as they may have an internal service. They used to offer a web-based interface where you could send SMS'es but I think they've discontinued that? Also I use Telemessage, www.telemessage.com , which has an Outlook plug-in so I can send emails from Outlook and get them delivered as SMS'es. I've been quite happy with the service, cost is ten U.S. cents per SMS delivered. SMS'es are reliably delivered within seconds across a variety of countries and mobile providers with especially good success to 1-2-Call. Sometimes messages to dTAC got stuck but that was a dTAC issued AFAIK.

Yeah - I guess it doesn't help you.. but I have just set the same thing up with Dtac. The feature is called dtac diary, and you can receive your emails via sms (but you only get From and Subject), or MMS (entire email).

It has server side rules where you can specify what emails you want alerts for etc..

There is a cost for each message received - I think its 2baht for SMS and more for MMS but I dont know.

Cheers