Austrian Killed In Udon Thani Province

ALFREDO

Austrian media report that Alfred H. 55 had been killed in Udon Thani province.

(I cannot post link, google with the words -Alfred H.Udon Thani Drama erschlagen or Mod. Please help)

Alfred H. 55 year Austrian had invested in a farm with his girlfriends family.

Three weeks ago he came to TH, now beginning of the week a discussion regarding the investment envolved.

One of the family members took an ax? and killed Alfred H. It seems that the girlfriend sided with him and got also killed.

The killer than should have hanged himself later, that is not verified, but a friend, a retired Policeman in Austria told me so.

He was stunned by that story, because I have the same initials, Alfred H. Nearly same age and stay in Udon Thani province.

A translated post: http://www.oe24.at/oesterreich/chronik/wien/Drama-in-Thailand-Wiener-ermordet/21484542

Three weeks ago the 55-year-old former branch manager of a shoe store chain was with his girlfriend (40) flew to Thailand - in the coming days, even his body is returned to Vienna. The Foreign Office, which had the tragic death of Alfred H. on Monday to confirm to AUSTRIA, cares now about relatives in Austria - two adult children and ex-wife of the dropout.

Controversy over the plantation. This much is currently on the tragic events in Udon Thani known: Alfred H. is said to have bought there in the plantation of the family of his girlfriend. Furthermore, it should have come after his arrival to a violent and full-scale argument: the Wiener and his Thai mistress were slain by a family member with an ax. Then, offenders have even sent in which he hanged himself. The security authorities in Thailand are still investigating. (mic, Kor)

Bukaroo Banzai, Thank you, for link and translation.

Should I have posted that in the -News-?

The reckless but on other hand accidental killing if a Lao girl with a speeding Porsche, gets Hundreds of responds in short time.

That horrific killing spree, stays undedected here. :blink:

I have been searching the internet for weeks about this story as it happened only a few hundred meters from the in-laws house and this is the first thing about it. Just last April the wife I spent a couple of hours at her house sharing some drinks and looking at photos. She also leaves behind a young daughter along with the older daughter whose husband/boyfriend committed the murders.

It is so sad. May they Rest in Peace

Moderators

please, is it possible to move this thread to the News board, I feel the thread does not get the attention he deserves in that Isaan part.

Thank you.

Don't be ridiculous, Alfredo. It's not terribly newsworthy....yet tragic as it might be. People are dying everyday. What makes this case so special that it requires extraordinary attention?

Ok, but please, can you tell me than, why the accidental death of one Lao girl struck by a car made such tsunami like waves of posters in the News forum?

Because it was a Porsche car?

Or because the girl was cut in two pieces?

Or because of both of above and it was as -News- delivered to many of Thaivisas members and posted in News forum.

Many people die, day by day on Thairoads. So what the fuss about the mentioned Porsche accident, still an accident.

But, not so many Falangs get killed, including theire Thai girlfriend by the womans family(member)

as a special THANK YOU for the investment they made

for the family in land and more.

People should realize that. Without investment he would maybe have lost the GF, but he would, with

a good chance still live.

Conclusion, not invest.

Compare - News desk.

Porsche accidential death of Lao girl, 504 posts

Just new,

Two Swedes electrocuted in Krabi (In Newsdesk, not South- Krabi Forum)

24 Posts since 16:24

Enough mentioned.

Little more,

As you see with the -Two Swedes electrocuted in Krabi-

such things are worth to be reported in News.

If my poor Austrian, would have been a Swede, or a country, where English is the mothertongue, than the Mods would have seen that information in the english media, recognized it and posted it in News.

But, it looks like, that incident was only published in German, so the dilemma.

And I, mistakenly posted it wrong.

Alfredo,

This stroy has 663 hits (viewings) since it was posted which is quite a few for the Issan forum. Many people have read the story but not made any postings as for such a sad story there is not much one can say except that is was a horrible event. RIP

Moderators

please, is it possible to move this thread to the News board, I feel the thread does not get the attention he deserves in that Isaan part.

Thank you.

Don't be ridiculous, Alfredo. It's not terribly newsworthy....yet tragic as it might be. People are dying everyday. What makes this case so special that it requires extraordinary attention?

This storry has to stay under "N E W S"; it's a important storry and the most are not interrested in farming, ........and about i woud like to have more informations!?

Come on Mods, move this to the News forum, it will be off the front page in a day, I dont know what more OP wants, nothing will bring the victim back, yes, it is a sad story, but not uncommon,

-Lickey-

Look at the NEWS, how many "nearly" Every Day storys you have there and most are gone in a day or two or three.

But they are much more recognized with clicks and postings, ten fold.

Regards Alfred

A foreigner and his partner is murdered in Thailand and the mods say it is not newsworthy?

A lot of foreigners get killd in the last years in the same situations. But i did never read something that the killers get behin bars.

We are only farangs and Thailand gives us sadly still not the same protection as orderd in intern. agreements :bah:. . Shame on Thailand.

One never knows when reading a Thai news story if they have received even a single fact. If any of the claims made in this story are fact, it is simply horrible. RIP this man and his Thai mate. Go to Hell, to the barbarians that dispatched them. Really, really sad.

Edited by lannarebirth

I made the mistake to post that news in the wrong forumpart, nobody wanted, wants to change that.

I even sent a PM to -Webfact- but he did not answer me.

Som nam na for me. Thank you all for your responds.

I made the mistake to post that news in the wrong forumpart, nobody wanted, wants to change that.

I even sent a PM to -Webfact- but he did not answer me.

Som nam na for me. Thank you all for your responds.

• 3 weeks later...

Very sad, hopefully the animal that did it (the daughter in laws boyfriend, it sounds like) gets what is coming to him for this - a Thai National was also killed, so the law may prevail.

Of note, I noticed on my last trip that I was treated with a little more hesitancy and skepticism as a Farang than I have been previously. I started my trips through Thailand by visiting Udon Thani before any of the big bar complexes existed, and the City was very much off the radar in a Foreigner sense of a place to visit. Unfortunately certain types of businesses and activities will attract certain types of Foreigners, some of which have ruined the reputation for those of us looking for a getaway from the throngs of agressive wester culture.

Again, RIP.