Help Please

wilsonf

I replied today to a post, there have been literally hundreds of replies to this topic and since I posted my reply I have been recieving notifications by Email and now have so far deleted over 200, I've been back into my settings and changed my notifications to 'No notifications' but they still keep coming, I've been back in again to my settings and unchecked that I am notified by Email, but they still keep coming, I posted a plea for help on the original topic itself but it appears to have been deleted, possibly because it was 'off topic', but never the less whoever deleted it should have realised I needed help. Why has changing my settings not stopped these notifications, or am I destined to keep getting these notifications until the posts eventually peter out, or can someone tell me how I can stop them

Temporarily mark the sending address as spam so it dumps into your spam folder. When the topic peters out, reinstate it. Not perfect I know, but a quick fix to stop it flooding your inbox?