Need Advise For A Sandwich Shop Location With Lots Of Westerners In Bangkok Or Other Province

naggiej

I would say in area nana plaza area or klong toey as we get a lot of orders from those two areas. Rob/sk

I haven't checked back at this website lately.

However, thank you very much for all the advises. We're still in the planning and location hunting stage. We are planning to open a shop by the end of this year.

B,

I have a flour supplier that I worked with. I believe they use a blend of Canadian and US flour.

Thank you,

Maggie

Hi Maggie,

Im also an aritsan bread baker and was curious what kind of flour you are planning on using? The Thai flours are all highly bleached and are of inferior quality to European and US flours, but the Eurpoean flours are prohibitively expensive.

My advice in terms of location would be to attach yourself to a pre-existing living complex where there are a guaranteed constant of foreigners.

In Bangkok, I would advise Nichada which is out in Chaeng Wattana which is a massive housing complex of foreigners with many stay at home moms and very few good food options....

In Phuket, there is something similar though not quite as large called Laguna which is comprised ot several different hotel chains as well as short/long term houses with lots of foreigners...

There you could try to get a space inside or just outside the complex in an area called Chern Talay

good luck

B

Thank you soooo much for all the advise. Seriously, I wouldn't even thought about many of the places without your advise. My initial thought was somewhere in Bangkok and Phuket because I live in Bangkok. For Phuket, I went there for vacation and saw a market potential.

Initially, I actually didn't think about Pattaya as a potential place (I just didn't think about it!!). Now I see that there are demands, however, there are a lot of competitors. It's also not my favorite place to live.

I actually didn't think about Surin neither. I went to Surin couple times. you are right, it is hard to find a good bakery there!

Bonobo, thank you for your advise around Pinklao. I actually live around that area. My goal for this bakery is for westerner. So, yes, I discounted my Thai customers. That's why I didn't think that Pinklao could be a good place. However, now you make my head a little more clear that there might be some potential here....and I SHOULDN't discount my Thai customers.

I'm really looking at Sukhumvit. However, it's very risky to do business there. I'm really in a dilemma.

Again, thank you so much for all your advises. Everyone gave me valuable information and ideas for the shop. I'll keep my ears open and searching for the right locations.

Thank you,

Maggie