Sole Custody Documents For Settlement..?

In the case of both the father and mothers names being on my wife's children birth certificate, does this mean he would need to sign any documents for either the local solicitor in Thailand for a sole custody document, or any thing that needs to be signed for the UK embassy regarding bringing my wife's children to join mother on a resident permit visa, I might add that my wife was never legally married to the childrens father nor has he taken an active roll since they were together 7 years ago. Also the children have resided with my wife's mother since seperation. I am fully aware of sole responsibility as we have already managed to bring my wife's eldest son to the UK and been successful however his father played no part in his life neither did he appear on the birth certificate. Any useful advice would most appreciated

Many Thanks

what surname does your wife's children have? the mum's or dad's. do all the children share the same surname?

you can show and have shown sole responsibilty which is good.

did you have to show legal custody for the eldest son?

i think your best bet would be for your wife to phone the ampur office in her home town

what surname does your wife's children have? the mum's or dad's. do all the children share the same surname?

you can show and have shown sole responsibilty which is good.

did you have to show legal custody for the eldest son?

i think your best bet would be for your wife to phone the ampur office in her home town

The childrens passports are both in her surname..

A birth certificate does not proof sole custody over a child.

Since she was not married to the father, she has sole custody. This can be proofed with the Khor Ror 13 form from the amphur. This form is also needed to apply for a passport for a child, hwne one parent has sole custody.

Don't know about UK embassy requirements for visa.

my wife and I just had to get this done

I believe she paid about 6000 Baht to get a paper from the court stating that she has sole custody of the children.

She could explain it better, but unfortunately is still over in Thailand trying to square away the visas for the children still...

Its a fairly simple process, just not that cheap