Visa-on-entry Countries

Another ninety days has passed.

I normally take a nice week-long holiday for my visa-run, but am pushed for time.

So- I want to spend one or two nights in a city I can fly to.

But- I want to visit a country that provides visa-on-entry, so that no advance visa-application is required. I like Vietnam for short-breaks but don't have time to apply for entry visa.

Flying from BKK on a Brit-passport.

Which nearby countries can I slip in and out of without prior visa application?

Thanks.

Edited by Bleeder

Singapore is great, but a bit more expensive than other options. However, I've gotten RT flights (2+ hours) from both AirAsia and JetStarAsia for under 4000 baht. Subway at the airport takes you straight to the shopping district in 30 minutes or so. It's soooooo clean :o , what a refreshing change from Bangkok, and an English speaking country as well. If you get there, will probably want to stay more than a few days. Just don't litter, and remember to flush the toilet, or you could get hit with a heavy fine.

Phnom Penh is nice for a couple of days. Interesting place, friendly people (including many of the expats) and good restaurants and bars. A little more lively than Vientiane, IMO, but still quite laid-back. You can pay US$25 at the airport to get a visa on arrival.

Kuala Lumpur is also pretty good if you fancy somewhere more developed.

Edited by Rumpole