Broadband Internet (Adsl, Cable) In Buri Ram?

muratremix

I'm planning to move to Thailand this summer with my Thai wife. She is from Buri Ram and I'm considering Buri Ram to settle. Actually she is from Khmer part of Ban Kruat but I think it is very small town and I might get bored easily.

I would like to know what are the options for Internet in Buri Ram city center and in other parts of Buri Ram. For example, does 3BB offers service in Buri Ram? What about True? If not, TOT should work for me. However, how fast do they offer? I understand I will never have 20mbit adsl2+ in Buri Ram but atleast 5-6 Mbit could be adequate.

Any comments? What are you using?

I didn't know DTAC does ADSL? The problem is, ADSL doesn't work fast enough if you are far from Telecom building or outdoor box (which is fiber-linked to Telecom building to extend ADSL reach).

I'm not sure if they invested in a lot of outdoor phoneboxes with adsl cards in it.

There are no new landlines available in Ban Kluat. So, forget TOT. By the way, it is a thriving town, not so small any longer. Most of us use CAT CDMA, which in the main is very good.About B8,000 for the dongle, + B850 per month unlimited.. Your other choice is IP STAR Satellite. Not recommended. Expensive and much slower.