Monday 16 May Extra Day ;

Tuesday 17 May Visakha Bucha Day;

Friday 15 July Asarnha Bucha Day;

Friday 12 August H.M. The Queen's Birthday;

Monday 23 October King Chulalongkorn Memorial Day (Substitution);

Monday 5 December H.M. The King's Birthday;

Monday 12 December Constitution Day (Substitution);

Saturday 31 December New Year's Eve;

As the 6th is a public holiday, that mean that immigraiton offices will be closed.

Remember that the embassies and cosnulates in Thailand also will be closed, as they follow the Thai holidays. In addition the Thai embassies and consulates, such as Vientianne, will also be closed. (Honorary consulates might be open).

Persons who's permission to stay end on the 6th have the posibility to apply for the extension of stay on the 7th, as that is the first workday after the holiday. No overstay fine will be charged in that case. better is to apply a few days early. An extension of stay always starts from the date your current permission to stay ends, so applying early doesn't mean you lose days.

An extension of stay always starts from the date your current permission to stay ends, so applying early doesn't mean you lose days.

Awesome I didn't realise that, as last time I extended my tourist visa, I accidentially overstayed 6 days, and got 30 days from date of issue, so had assumed if I extended it early it'd also be from date of issue.

Guess I can meander into Khon Kaen anytime in the next 2 weeks then (Songkran / Chakri aside) :)

Also, they don't take any extra days off during this period do they? Just the public holidays?

side tracking . . . .

hmm . . . I am one of hundred victims at China Embassy this morning, they closed today ( Chinese holiday ), tomorrow ( they like to take a break ) and this Wednesday ( Thai holiday ). open on Thursday ! of course, an A5 size notice was already on the wall last week, if you find it !

my goodness, my PASSPORT with them for the China VISA application and I need to fly this Wednesday morning :-( I stuck :-(

An extension of stay always starts from the date your current permission to stay ends, so applying early doesn't mean you lose days

Not in Phang Nga immigration it doesn't. They always give my family 90 days from the date we go, and we always go a day or two before the expiry date. Like this time we have no choice but to go on Tuesday 12th yet the permission date is Saturday 16th - but they are closed on Wednesday-Friday due to Songran and always closed on Saturdays, so over a year we seem to lose about two weeks! Most annoying.