Land Office, When Does The Land Get Staked Out?

When buying land, in Thailand, what is the process in regard to when does the land office come and stake out the plot? I am getting conflicting information. I want to see it stacked out prior to buying it. Not, a bit past this tree and a bit past that tree, and the next day they are pointing to totally different trees. Looking at the chanote doesn't help and it doesn't really reference anything like a road or known boundary with a big fence.

I remember being told a while ago, or read here, I cant remember where to be honest, I thought they put pegs into the ground so everyone knew what they were getting before the sale.

When a plot is almost zig-zaged in shape, it is hard to work out exactly were boundary lines should be. There are some features, that would be a burden, such as a hole / fish pond that I want to make sure that we are not buying.jap.gif

If there is a chanote in place already then there will be marker pins in place already too, the local Poo Yai will usually know where they are, might involve a bit of digging to un-earth them, take a bottle of water and a toothbrush with you to clean the numbers and just check them off the chanote.

Failing that you go to the Land Office and request that they come out to do a confirmation, depends how busy they are but even here in Pattaya i have never waited more that 1 month, last time cost 4500 baht but that will vary from office to office.

As said, if there is a chanote in existence then the land has already been surveyed and staked. Other grades of land title deeds (NS3K, NS3G, NS3) may not have been surveyed yet and the possessory rights documents almost certainly have not been surveyed nor will they be. If there is no access road indicated on the chanote then how do you get to the property? Sometime you just have to ask the neighbors who owns what.

A existing Chanote is being chopped up into half, Pegs seem to be missing, well, one i know of, the land was built up due to a fish pond, and the peg would be 10 feet under now !!! The Chanote was made some 15 yeas ago, so, no pegs handy.

Maybe time will Tell, when they come, they come !!! We have looked at the surrounding Chanotes, they are not pegged out either and no one knows exactly where their land is since some trees died more than 10 years ago, that have since been dug out.

Edited by haveaniceday