Cable + Internet

HDRIDER

I saw a car in Rawai advertising with 120 digital cable TV channels for (i think) 350 Baht and internet in the cable system for (i think) 850 Baht, anybody know what company it is? I already have Rawai cable TV but never look at it but for sure not 120 digitals channel

I've heard True is installing fiber around Rawai and will offer TV and internet. Maybe it's an ad for them? I used to have Rawai Cable, but for over two years they told me they would have internet on my Soi, they have it in other parts of town, but not on my street. Then KPP installed a fiber line on my street and I switched to them. Their TV certainly isn't digital and they use CAT for internet. It works pretty good most of the time... But I have 3BB installed too. I'll be interested in seeing the price of True when it is installed. Their DSTV is way overpriced for what you get...

I am pretty sure it was a local cable company, very old pick up with the ad on.

You will have to buy a digital box to receive the digital signal. KPP in Phuket Town said they were going to sell them for 1,700 & have 150 channels, at 350 per month, but just last week they said the service will not be ready until June. Perhaps the one in Rawai is ready to go & another thread said the digital box cost 2,000.

To answer Jimi I have seen True running coaxial cable on Chao Fa West to be used for both TV & internet. It will be interesting to see what their TV content is & how much it will cost.

I used to have Rawai Cable, but for over two years they told me they would have internet on my Soi, they have it in other parts of town, but not on my street.

You must live near me. Granted it's cheap but , I went in there and said I really wanted the internet, not so much for the cable TV. They said, "oh yeah, two months, have internet on your soi". Coming up on a year now, no internet. Ready to switch to KPP and pay the 1700 a month.....

I used to have Rawai Cable, but for over two years they told me they would have internet on my Soi, they have it in other parts of town, but not on my street.

You must live near me. Granted it's cheap but , I went in there and said I really wanted the internet, not so much for the cable TV. They said, "oh yeah, two months, have internet on your soi". Coming up on a year now, no internet. Ready to switch to KPP and pay the 1700 a month.....

Do you know if KPP is around Nai Harn,,,,, where is KPP located?

Thx

Thx a lot, just around the corner

Just found them on the net, not very good TV programs so its not gonna be them

http://www.kppcable.com/program.html

The list on that website isn't what I get. Some or most of it is... But I do get Universal Channel, SiFy, Golf Channel, 2 ASTV Sports Channels, Euro Sports, Sony Entertainment Channel and a few others that I watch on occasion. I have their internet, which is CAT (they don't block bit torrents), so it works with all bit torrent clients I've tried. 3BB has some issues with bit torrents as I have them as well. I just download and watch what I want mostly...

But the guy that owns PNS Market, down near Nikitas, told me True is installing in the area. My wife told me the same thing too. We shall see...

According to their website, they seem to be partners with most cable providers on the island. Could it be that digital cable is coming to wider Phuket?

Are you talking about CTH? All the different cable companies around Phuket used to have different channels, now they all seem to have about the same channels...

Thx a lot, just around the corner

Just found them on the net, not very good TV programs so its not gonna be them

http://www.kppcable.com/program.html

But the guy that owns PNS Market, down near Nikitas, told me True is installing in the area. My wife told me the same thing too. We shall see...

Yo Jimbo,

True will have both internet and Truevisions? Maybe I'll just wait around for them. Please PM me if you hear about a startup date for Nai Harn (Nanachat area). Thx,GOM

• 6 months later...

According to their website, they seem to be partners with most cable providers on the island. Could it be that digital cable is coming to wider Phuket?

Are you talking about CTH? All the different cable companies around Phuket used to have different channels, now they all seem to have about the same channels...

A belated update. My cable provider (PA Cable, Patong) is a partner with KPP Cable. PA will be offering KPP's digital package at the end of this month - c. B1900 for set-top box and B350/month for the subscription. Requires (I belive) that your TV has a digital tuner (which, fortunately, mine has).

A belated update. My cable provider (PA Cable, Patong) is a partner with KPP Cable. PA will be offering KPP's digital package at the end of this month - c. B1900 for set-top box and B350/month for the subscription. Requires (I belive) that your TV has a digital tuner (which, fortunately, mine has).

They might call it digital but the picture is only of low to average quality although now it is not working which means the card probably needs to be upgraded. When you switch off the box with the remote it immediately turns itself back on so you have to manually switch it off at the back. The installer said it was a cheap Chinese box so would have to live with it. Mind you it is a cheap package & most likely has all the channels you would ever want to watch.

• 2 weeks later...

I seemed to have picked up a new channel on Phuket Cable in the last few days. Initially it was called TenCricket, but it seems to have now morphed into TenHD.

I was watching some test cricket a day or so ago and last night had the first ODI between Aus and SAF live. (until rain stopped play)

Is it new or had I just not found it before?

• 2 weeks later...

For those contemplating the digi TV from PA cable in Patong, I went to their office at the start of the month. The first thing I noticed is that the signs advertising digital cable TV have been removed. I asked the girl behind the counter what was happening - 'Don't know - not come'. I asked when it was likely to arrive - 'Don't know'. I asked what was happening with the arrangements for it - you guessed the answer. When pressed, she said, 'Maybe three months' (possibly a 'face' thing). I suspect that arrangements with KPP Cable in Phuket Town (okay, 'City') - the suppliers/onsellers of digital access - have fallen through. Bottom line - no digital cable in Patong in the forseeable future.