Are Condo Deeds (Residency Permit)

hi, any one been to hull for multi o visa in the last 3 weeks using the residence option,i have a condo but i read to get residence permit you need 3 multi o visa in a row,how can you get them if they want a permit now,whenyou are only 42 years young and buy a condo what you cannot live in help please thanks.

I believe you are confusing the process a foreigner goes thru to get Permanent Residency in Thailand with the requirement of Hull to ask for a 'residency permit' to secure a Non-O visa. They are totally different animals, TOTALLY!

The terminology Hull is using on its website is what's leading to this confusion. They are using the term "residency permit".

Normally to get a "proof of residency" document in Thailand, you go to either your embassy or Thai Immigrations. Although last time I was at Changwattana they wouldn't issues a proof of residency document to an acquaintance because he didn't do 90 day reporting, he had a visa where he border ran every 90 days. He had to go to his embassy for it.

There is another thread running where I made this post about an email I just sent to the Thai Consulate in Hull;

Post with the email to Hull

It would appear from reading your post that you have a multi-entry Non-Immigrant Type-O visa (the one where you run-4-the-border every 90 days). That kind doesn't qualify to begin the process of P/R in Thailand. There is a pinned topic about it at the top of the forum if you're interested.

FWIW: As soon as Hull replies to my email, I'll post it in the other thread in its entirety. ..

I have just been back to the UK to renew my Visa. After taking all of my documents i.e Blue Book, Green Book, BUPA, Leese Contract etc I called hull to make an appointment for a NON 'O' as I have done for the past 5 years. I was told the new requirements for the 'O' and they also sent me them in black and white and they said I dont qualify for the 'O' Visa anymore even if you own property, cars etc because I dont fit into that catagory anymore with me being under 50.

I even explained my situation and she said we do not look at this on a case by case thing it is just black and white from now on.

The lucky thing for me is that I sub contract to a company and was able to get a letter from them stating my purpose of being in Thailand and therefore issued me a 'B' Visa....Phew!!!

But Back to the OP, I have a friend who has just contacted Hull and has had some clarity on the situaition about Resident Permits.

HULL WILL ISSUE A NON 'O' VISA IF YOU CAN OBATAIN A 'LETTER OF RESIDENCE' VALID FOR 60 DAYS FROM YOU LOCAL IMMIGRATION.

This is the same Letter you get when doing you driving licence, buying a car etc.

IT IS NOT THE SAME AS A RESIDENCE PERMIT!!! THE WORDING THEY USE IS THE CONFUSING BIT!!

If you not sure make some calls to them but this info is correct at time of printing this.

hope this helps :D

Yes it sure is confusing, did no one spot the problem before the change was made? No one seems to doing to much to clarify the position right now, I have emailed them over a week ago and no reply. It seems if you are over 50 you may hold a few more cards bu the game seems to change rapidly, you could end up with assets here that you cannot access, how can that be? What sort of reputation does Thailand want, a nation that fleeces foreign investors?