Staying Near The Thai Embassy In London

Is anyone able to recommend a reaonably priced hotel near the Thai embassy on Queensgate in London. A Thai friend of mine needs to renew her Thai passport next month and we would appreciate any advice on places to stay.

The Abba Queens gate London Hotel is very close (next door) to the Thai Embassy in London (Thai Embassy 29-30 Queens Gate, The Abba 31 - 34 Queens gate).

Should be able to get a room for around 130-150 pounds a night (this is London after all).

Another place is the 54 Boutique Hotel (54 Queens Gate) it's possible to get a room here for around 100 pounds a night.

There are also a couple of Premier Inns in Kensington (walking distance) and a new Travelodge opening in Fulham (a couple of tube stops) at the end of this month.

Last time I stayed in a London hotel I went for a "blind booking" / "top-secret booking" - some of the travel websites offer these - and it is possible to get a bargain.

That part of London is very expensive, so unless your friend doesn't mind spending a lot of money then I would recommend that they stay in a different part of town and travel to the Thai embassy by train.

I went there last week and it's about 10 minutes walk from Gloucester Road Underground station, which is on the District line. I live on the opposite side of London and it took me about 40 minutes in total.

Your friend could save a lot of money by travelling to the embassy rather than staying right next to it :)

Anywhere near a Tube station would be fine.

Edited by bifftastic