Report Says 93 Red Shirts Killed In Last Year's Crackdown

webfact

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rest of us are very clear that the reds were necessarily cleared off the streets last year.

the rest of us?

So you were for the indefinite take over of Rachaprasong intersection by the red shirt mob and the denial of access for all other Thais until the reds got their way?

The rights of all other Thais could be held hostage by the reds on the streets of Bangkok because 'they have a cause'?

That even if it was an illegal occupation of the streets, no one else had rights except the reds to ignore the laws and do as the wished?

not at all but i don't think any poster speaks 'for the rest of us' and you forget the yellows started all of this with the airport take-over and if that was dealt with strongly and effectively the red thing possibly would never have happened.

not at all but i don't think any poster speaks 'for the rest of us' and you forget the yellows started all of this with the airport take-over and if that was dealt with strongly and effectively the red thing possibly would never have happened.

Aren't you forgetting the red shirt violence in 2007?

Aren't you forgetting the coup of 2006? unless this circle stops there will never be peace.

The rest of us are very clear that the reds were necessarily cleared off the streets last year.

the rest of us?

So you were for the indefinite take over of Rachaprasong intersection by the red shirt mob and the denial of access for all other Thais until the reds got their way?

The rights of all other Thais could be held hostage by the reds on the streets of Bangkok because 'they have a cause'?

That even if it was an illegal occupation of the streets, no one else had rights except the reds to ignore the laws and do as the wished?

The Reds started the violence a year and half before the airport. ;)

If THAT was dealt with strongly and effectively the yellow and red things afterwards possibly would never have happened. ;)

Aren't you forgetting the coup of 2006? unless this circle stops there will never be peace.

So why are you saying "the yellows started all of this" when it started a long time before that?

Thaksin's corruption. The coup in 2006. The 2007 violence by the red shirts. The yellow shirts at government house and the airports. Songkran 2009. April-May 2010.

Where will it stop?

So why are you saying "the yellows started all of this" when it started a long time before that?

Thaksin's corruption. The coup in 2006. The 2007 violence by the red shirts. The yellow shirts at government house and the airports. Songkran 2009. April-May 2010.

Where will it stop?

The latest round of 'street' protest was started by the yellow's airport take-over - and then the authorities lack of action spurred the reds. My view has consistently been - both actions were wrong but I understand the reds more.

Politically biased group purporting to be an independent NGO group, but clearly misstating facts willy nilly and clearly in the pocket of the Big Red Paymaster's family. More propaganda. And this will only get worse till the election is done with.

Are you a holocaust denier ? or do you just closeyour eyes to things that don't suit you. Dear me . Do you really want to argue the numbers ? I would say 1 death is to many . But then I have not been brainwashed.

Yes, I would say that even 1 soldier or journalist wounded or killed by the Red Shirts was enough and should have been the starting light for a proper crackdown on these hooligans.

Fair?

You sad sad murder supporter

the rest of us?

What the yellows did has nothing to do with the necessary clearing of Rachaparasong.

You say not at all,

so that means you were in favor of removing the illegal occupation of Rachaprasong.

"The rest of us..." clearly means;

others than the Reds holding the intersection and their supporters in doing so.

The latest round of 'street' protest was started by the yellow's airport take-over - and then the authorities lack of action spurred the reds. My view has consistently been - both actions were wrong but I understand the reds more.

No. It didn't start there. It started in 2005/2006 with protests against Thaksin's corruption. There has been something at least every year since.

What the yellows did has nothing to do with the necessary clearing of Rachaparasong.

You say not at all,

so that means you were in favor of removing the illegal occupation of Rachaprasong.

you would say that wouldn't you and you are way, way past being impartial on this subject - and you are simply wrong

No. It didn't start there. It started in 2005/2006 with protests against Thaksin's corruption. There has been something at least every year since.

I was referring to the yellow/red recent street protests (as well you know)

the rest of us?

& you think that it is worth killing people to walk down a street rather than walk round it. I am sure that given your thought process it is fair to assume you support Gaddaffi & HIS METHODS OF CLEARING THE STREETS

You say not at all,

you would say that wouldn't you and you are way, way past being impartial on this subject - and you are simply wrong

So I should have phrased them as questions.

I never pretend to be impartial in this.

So does this mean you were in favor of the Reds holding Rachaprasong indefinitely?

Regardless of how it hurt other thais trying to make a living?

You can try to say the yellows gave them the idea they might get away with it, for a week, but no more.

Regardless of what the yellows did, that is not an excuse or carte blanche for them to do it again

or the reds to do it. And once they did, it was inevitable most people would eventually become fed up with it.

The rest of us comment was perfectly clear to others, but maybe not you.

Huh? You are connecting it with the PAD and nothing else? Yes, far from being impartial. The reds never said 2010 was about the PAD and the airport. The 8 days at the airport no matter how skewed your view is, doesn't compare to armed insurrection in the heart of BKK. The reds claimed the 2010 street rally cum insurrection was about democracy, even though what they were trying to do was not democratic :) The recent PAD/TPN rallies have been about Cambodia and again not democratic in any way other than the right to peacefully assemble.

I know what you're referring to, but if you're just going to pick a date to start, why not start in 2009? 2009 is more recent than 2008.

All the events back to 2005/6 are related. You can't just pick one that suits you and say "let's start here".

You say not at all,

So does this mean you were in favor of the Reds holding Rachaprasong indefinitely?

You can try to say the yellows gave them the idea they might get away with it, for a week, but no more.

Regardless of what the yellows did, that is not an excuse or carte blanche for them to do it again

or the reds to do it. And once they did, it was inevitable most people would eventually become fed up with it.

Do you support Gaddaffi ? After all he is only clearing the streets of terrorist

Here's another peace of information relating to the deaths.

The army fired about 100,000 live bullets including

2500 7.62mm SG-3000 sniper rounds.

The source is the newspaper we are not allowed to mention on TV.

Minor correction: about 117,000 cartridges were not returned after activities concluded May, 2010. Who knows how many were actually fired and how many kept, sold, etc., etc. I'm still amazed about the shooting skills of the Thai Army. Thousands of rounds fired INTO protesters and about 78 killed in a bit more than a month. Sent some to the unrest areas in northern Africa, Arabia. Soldiers there know how to shoot and kill if they really want.

Still, nice suggestion, army fired 100,000 'live' rounds.

PS JFYI: a bullet is part of a cartridge or round.

Not according to the story I'm reading it's 117,000 bullets and not cartridges.

2800 Injured that's 117,000 / 2800 = 41.78 bullets per person. Yep I have to say that is a bad average.

So if these bullets where actually shot, do you think the army was shooting to kill?

What about a sub group of the Reds, Rak Nakkon, breaking up a rally by PAD and beating them till the had to run off?

The yellow rally's militancy was a direct affect of repeated red violent attacks on them.

The violence up north has always been coming from the side that wants

no dissenting voices against their propaganda that controls the people of Issan.

You say not at all,

Do you support Gaddaffi ? After all he is only clearing the streets of terrorist

Nice try, no sale. 55555555

You say not at all,

you have read my posts - you know my view - that I believe the reds made a HUGE blunder by not leaving peacefully after Abhisit gave way on an early election

same same yellows and nothing was done

authorities should have cracked down on the illegal occupation of the airport - and did nothing (not even cut water and food supplies etc.) which encouraged others - you imagine it happening at Kennedy? or Heathrow?

*sigh* how biased can you get?

What about a sub group of the Reds, Rak Nakkon, breaking up a rally by PAD and beating them till the had to run off?

The yellow rally's militancy was a direct affect of repeated red violent attacks on them.

The violence up north has always been coming from the side that wants

no dissenting voices against their propaganda that controls the people of Issan.

you know, we disagree on quite a lot, but please try to remember my constant, vigilant and continuous anti-violence stance - from whence ever it comes and not try to insinuate that I in any way support it - it is below your normal intelligent posting style - thanks jap.gif

I seem to remember some poster comparing the reds to the labor unionists in Europe and saying that violence was needed by the labor unions ....

I have only ever postulated the paradigm shift that is occurring now and has occurred in the past - including Europe and just about everywhere else - but this has not been understood by many posters (I think you understand it but just don't agree) but I have never advocated violence.

Nice try, no sale. 55555555

So you support terrorist. Not only that but you support terrorist & you don't know who their leader is or what their agenda is . Are you American ? given that you support killing & murder of anything you don't agree with.

you have read my posts - you know my view - that I believe the reds made a HUGE blunder by not leaving peacefully after Abhisit gave way on an early election

authorities should have cracked down on the illegal occupation of the airport - and did nothing (not even cut water and food supplies etc.) which encouraged others - you imagine it happening at Kennedy? or Heathrow?

The yellow shirts were at the airport for 8 days, after which they left peacefully, leaving (edit) no little damage. Nothing was done against the red shirts for nearly a month.

The then government did act against the yellow shirts at government house.

Edited by whybother

Where will it stop?

Incorrect. The latest round of "street" protests was started by the Reds as per Post # 35.

The yellow shirts were at the airport for 8 days, after which they left peacefully, leaving (edit) no little damage. Nothing was done against the red shirts for nearly a month.

little damage? the Thai economy? the humiliation and scorn of the international community? the stranded tourists? are you serious?

The then government did act against the yellow shirts at government house.

jeeze... that's ok then!