Committe Member Is Big Problem

Does a procedure exist to dismiss a committee member.?

Assume that if a committee vote was legal then that person would go.

Also assume that persuasion will not work.

All the regular options ie Murder ;Setting the person up in a compromising sexual situation -have been considered and dismissed--- too much potential negative feedback.

Any ideas will be very welcome.

Wait for the next committee election, and either make sure they get no votes, or read the condo bylaws and there may be conditions that their application doesn't meet (ie must have no criminal record, and the person does, so their application is rejected).

Getting rid of them before the end of their term would be very difficult i can imagine.

Wait for the next committee election, and either make sure they get no votes, or read the condo bylaws and there may be conditions that their application doesn't meet (ie must have no criminal record, and the person does, so their application is rejected).

Getting rid of them before the end of their term would be very difficult i can imagine.

My thanks to dave111223 for his useful reply

You don't mention - is the problem based on personality issues, or behavioural ones?

I know of a committee that got proof of misbehaviour of a member, confronted him, got him to write a letter of apology to the owners & to resign.

You don't mention - is the problem based on personality issues, or behavioral ones?

I know of a committee that got proof of misbehavior of a member, confronted him, got him to write a letter of apology to the owners & to resign.

You ask:

is the problem based on personality issues, or behavioral ones?

I find it difficult to separate one from the other.

I explain:

All the evidence suggests that his motive for being a committee is to talk -endlessly about himself.

He ignores the requests from me (chair) and all to other members to keep his remarks on track .

He contributes nothing in terms of ideas

Typically at voting time he will abstain -which can put pressure on me to cast a deciding vote.

In other he words he impedes the process.My 'quiet private words' to him have changed nothing.

So he needs to go -that is the opinion from the rest of the committee

The question is how can be persuaded to go

In truth I suspect that he will just go of his own accord-Even he will eventually be overwhelmed with boredom

So in truth my request for help was probably just academic

You ask:

is the problem based on personality issues, or behavioral ones?

I find it difficult to separate one from the other.

I explain:

All the evidence suggests that his motive for being a committee is to talk -endlessly about himself.

He ignores the requests from me (chair) and all to other members to keep his remarks on track .

He contributes nothing in terms of ideas

Typically at voting time he will abstain -which can put pressure on me to cast a deciding vote.

In other he words he impedes the process.My 'quiet private words' to him have changed nothing.

So he needs to go -that is the opinion from the rest of the committee

The question is how can be persuaded to go

In truth I suspect that he will just go of his own accord-Even he will eventually be overwhelmed with boredom

So in truth my request for help was probably just academic

You can't remove people from the committee just because you don't like them, or think they have an overinflated ego.

Such actions should be reserved for committee members who are truly problematic (ie involved in illegal activities, stealing for the building, threatening people etc...) "He talks about himself a lot" would certainly not make that list.

Surely him choosing not to vote on issues is a benefit to you; if i was him i'd start using my vote to do the exact opposite of your vote every time just to wind you up further.

You can't remove people from the committee just because you don't like them, or think they have an overinflated ego.

Such actions should be reserved for committee members who are truly problematic (ie involved in illegal activities, stealing for the building, threatening people etc...) "He talks about himself a lot" would certainly not make that list.

Surely him choosing not to vote on issues is a benefit to you; if i was him i'd start using my vote to do the exact opposite of your vote every time just to wind you up further.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That answers my original post-Thanks

Surely him choosing not to vote on issues is a benefit to you;

Given that the committee has 5 members I fail to understand the benefit to me

if i was him i'd start using my vote to do the exact opposite of your vote every time just to wind you up further.

You must be his personal advisor

Edited by Delight