Ousted Thaksin Vows To Play Role After Elections

LaoPo

"Months of silence"? :ermm: I guess if the WSJ hasn't read any Thai newpapers it might seem like months of silence. I seem to recall almost weekly announcements concerning the PM candidate for the PT party coming from our man in Dubai!

If they start off with a statement like that, how accurate is the rest of the article going to be?<_<

If one considers since January as "months of silence"... then consider there have been 429 threads discussing Thaksin in the News Forum, most of which were initiated over something he had said on the phone or did while being photographed very publicly or announced in s video-link or declared in an interview or Tweeted or Facebooked or relayed through a team of lawyers and public relations spokesmen and local politicians...

since January.

The myth of Santa Claus

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought foreigners (including citizens of Montenegro) were not allowed to interfere in Thai politics?

That's true, but Thai fugitives (with a lot of money) can, obviously.

And anonymous aliens on forums with even less money?

How? What is Thailand going to do, shut down the whole internet incase the 'aliens' say something against the status quo. I don't think voicing one's opinon on a public forum would constitute 'interfering.' Thaksin, on the other hand, is talking about running the whole show from abroad!

I thought foreigners (including citizens of Montenegro) were not allowed to interfere in Thai politics?

This would include the Chinese and American?

BS

How so? One doesn't have to to terribly observant or even extremely knowledgeable in contemporary Thai history to understand that, among others, the U.S. and China are the greatest benefactors and influences in Siam.

This would include the Chinese and American?

BS

How so? One doesn't have to to terribly observant or even extremely knowledgeable in contemporary Thai history to understand that, among others, the U.S. and China are the greatest benefactors and influences in Siam.

Being a benefactor or influence is one thing - interfering is something else entirely different.

How? What is Thailand going to do, shut down the whole internet incase the 'aliens' say something against the status quo. I don't think voicing one's opinon on a public forum would constitute 'interfering.' Thaksin, on the other hand, is talking about running the whole show from abroad!

What you think is interferance is not relevant, we are informed that Article 21 banned the interferance of Aliens........if you know a level of interferance has been established please advise........thank you

What you think is interferance is not relevant, we are informed that Article 21 banned the interferance of Aliens........if you know a level of interferance has been established please advise........thank you

What's the Article say?

Yes then maybe this country can start to pull itself out of the rut it is in, and deeper canyon it is headed for, with the present day Government.:ph34r:

Just a quick question.Were you living in Thailand when Thaksin was in power?Or maybe one more,how many weeks a year you stay in Thailand on average?

But I would have to 'think' in order to 'know' and since what I think is 'not relevant,' why would you bother to ask me to 'advise.':whistling:

What's the Article say?

I appreciate you give out reminders about text colouring and font sizes Buchholtz (correct spelling)

On this occasion however I feel I must highlight a portion of text that might just make you realise your question raises a serious doubt about your reading and comprehension abilities

But I would have to 'think' in order to 'know' and since what I think is 'not relevant,' why would you bother to ask me to 'advise.':whistling:

Simply because my statement stands unless you can 'advise' of the level of inteference applied........if there is such a clause that differentiates the level of interference by aliens I stand corrected.......you see I am confident enough to accept I am not always correct......:)

What's the Article say?

I appreciate you give out reminders about text colouring and font sizes Buchholtz (correct spelling)

On this occasion however I feel I must highlight a portion of text that might just make you realise your question raises a serious doubt about your reading and comprehension abilities

You still can't manage to get the spelling right, but you're getting closer.

Why do you mention an Article at all if you don't know what it says?

What's the Article say?

I will get it right Buchholz.........:) .

I have highlighted another portion of text to further assist you......I believe the information was posted on Tvisa after appearing in the nation.......in fact you may have commented in that particular thread?

This clown is a cancer to this country. He should just remain silent, allow the country to get on with life and he can get on with his. Spending his days with his humpteen billion dollars. :jerk:

Allow the country to be controlled by the Junta . Say it . Clown ? that is one thing he isn't. He has come out & told his supporters that he will play a roll . Now I would say that is a man that has confidence that now the people will vote for his party to be government for the 5th time in a row . Can you tell me when the Junta ever went to the people except to slaughter them on the streets of BKK

This clown is a cancer to this country. He should just remain silent, allow the country to get on with life and he can get on with his. Spending his days with his humpteen billion dollars. :jerk:

Allow the country to be controlled by the Junta . Say it . Clown ? that is one thing he isn't. He has come out & told his supporters that he will play a roll . Now I would say that is a man that has confidence that now the people will vote for his party to be government for the 5th time in a row . Can you tell me when the Junta ever went to the people except to slaughter them on the streets of BKK

No Junta, but the Army was greeted by people with roses when they ousted k. Thaksin in a coup September 2006.

Anyway k. Thaksin, a fugitive, convicted criminal will lead HIS party. He knows all, he will tell all. No need to think, your lord and master will tell you in a very democratic way.

BTW TRT/PPP were voted for FOUR times (more-or-less) in a row for a total of FOUR governments (two under k. Thaksin and TRT; one each under the late k. Samak and k. Somchai, being coalition governments). The third election, in April 2006, was declared invalid by the relevant court.

Edited by rubl

Being confident and desperate are very close at times.

No Junta, but the Army was greeted by people with roses when they ousted k. Thaksin in a coup September 2006.

Anyway k. Thaksin, a fugitive, convicted criminal will lead HIS party. He knows all, he will tell all. No need to think, your lord and master will tell you in a very democratic way.

BTW TRT/PPP were voted for FOUR times (more-or-less) in a row for a total of FOUR governments (two under k. Thaksin and TRT; one each under the late k. Samak and k. Somchai, being coalition governments). The third election, in April 2006, was declared invalid by the relevant court.

Are these flowers growing in your head ? It was the red shirts that gave the army flowers .Dear me you obviosly wasn't here was you.

By the people do you mean BKK people ? I am sure you do .How is on that planet of yours

Edited by chachachacha

Yes then maybe this country can start to pull itself out of the rut it is in, and deeper canyon it is headed for, with the present day Government.:ph34r:

Just a quick question.Were you living in Thailand when Thaksin was in power?Or maybe one more,how many weeks a year you stay in Thailand on average?

I was

What's the Article say?

I will get it right Buchholz.........:) .

I have highlighted another portion of text to further assist you......I believe the information was posted on Tvisa after appearing in the nation.......in fact you may have commented in that particular thread?

Ok, so you don't know what it says.

@ blahblahblahblahchachacha

If you were really living here at that time you would know that it were the yellow shirts who gave flowers to the army as the red shirts didn't even exist at that point.

Edited by janverbeem

If you were really living here at that time you would know that it were the yellow shirts who gave flowers to the army as the red shirts didn't even exist at that point.

Minor addition: When the Army rolled into Bangkok September 2006 is weren't only yellow-shirts giving flowers, they were mostly normal Bangkok people. And of course tourists liked to make a few photo's with smiling soldiers and flowers as well.

Edited by rubl

Minor addition: When the Army rolled into Bangkok September 2006 is weren't only yellow-shirts giving flowers, they were mostly normal Bangkok people. And of course tourists liked to make a few photo's with smiling soldiers and flowers as well.

YES YES the BKK people I wonder why only them & only afew . I can prove I was here .All my visas are there to be seen . Actually raining in Pattaya that night . Phone after phone call from family asking if I was ok . I didn't even know what had happened untill they told me

I didn't see any flower giving other than the roses given to the girls in the bars.

Have you not cooked your fellas super yet ?

Edited by chachachacha

YES YES the BKK people I wonder why only them & only afew . I can prove I was here .All my visas are there to be seen . Actually raining in Pattaya that night . Phone after phone call from family asking if I was ok . I didn't even know what had happened untill they told me

I didn't see any flower giving other than the roses given to the girls in the bars.

Have you not cooked your fellas super yet ?

"I wonder why only them & only afew"

I am pleased to be able to confirm, from personal experience, that it was also the people of Chiang Mai, who were giving flowers & food to the squaddies, who were manning our local check-point, in gratitude. They even had a (well-filled) Visitors-Book for well-wishers ! :)

Perhaps time dims one's memory, but there seemed to me to be a general sigh-of-relief, when the military pressed the re-set button on Thai politics once again. Of course Thaksin may have been an exception to this. B)

Oh no another thread sidetracked onto the usual nonsense, so we dont get to discuss about Thaksins role after the election. It looks like from what he is saying he wants the party disolved for interference by a banned politician. It looks like he is deliberately trying to cross the line. Also interesting that the red leadership are suggesting a rigged election meaning if they lose they wont accept the result. Of course the other sides think similarly too, so after the election there will be more of the same. The memes for after the poll are being established before it so the outcome becomes meaningless.

Oh no another thread sidetracked onto the usual nonsense, so we dont get to discuss about Thaksins role after the election. It looks like from what he is saying he wants the party disolved for interference by a banned politician. It looks like he is deliberately trying to cross the line. Also interesting that the red leadership are suggesting a rigged election meaning if they lose they wont accept the result. Of course the other sides think similarly too, so after the election there will be more of the same. The memes for after the poll are being established before it so the outcome becomes meaningless.

Certainly his being a controller of government affairs while totally unelected and banned from politics, not to mention now a foreign national with no Thai passport, is an illegal position and if he does dictated policy it is an illegal action. When he tried this before with PPP, he MAY have still been legally Thai. BUt now he hold Montenegrin citizen ship and all Thai passports rescinded.

This in of itself might be enough to ban the party, not sure, but it is plausible. Letting a foreign national dictate Thailands national policy.

Of course the Reds aren't assured of a win so state in advance 'it MUST be rigged if we lose, since we are the biggest and greatest, arrayed against the most evil...' yadda yadda yadda.

And of course, long forgotten is the 'This Is Not About Thaksin' meme. Or didn't we get the memo. Essentially with Thaksin still in the picture Thailand will be in turmoil. The moite can't stop stirring the pot.

Edited by animatic

Most of Thaksin's host nations have asked him to shut his trap when thinking of talking Thai politics.

Dubai seems to have backed off a little in this respect... lucky for Thaksin that Thailand promoted certain police officers with suspected involvement in the Blue Diamond affair!

Most of Thaksin's host nations have asked him to shut his trap when thinking of talking Thai politics.

Dubai seems to have backed off a little in this respect... lucky for Thaksin that Thailand promoted certain police officers with suspected involvement in the Blue Diamond affair!

Possibly a connection there. No doubt those segments of the police

could care less about the government or Thaksin just did their thing and Thaksin benefited.

Though the theft wasn't from the Dubai royal family, wasn't it the House of Saud?

Possibly a connection there. No doubt those segments of the police

could care less about the government or Thaksin just did their thing and Thaksin benefited.

Though the theft wasn't from the Dubai royal family, wasn't it the House of Saud?

I must admit my ignorance here - I thought Dubai and Saudi Arabia were both part of the UAE, but Saudi is not.

Drop the flames,drop the tit for tat schoolyard tactics, the baiting and all the other off topic nonsense that frequents these threads. My tolerance level for this kind of behavior is wearing thin.