Do Chickens Really Die During A Thunder

I've heard plenty of rumors that chickens tend to pass away during a thunder in the rain or some kind of another loud noise ( for ex: noise from a temple ).

Is thunder considered a substantial cause of death for chickens?

What are the other possible reasons of death of the chickens?

No that a really storie.

I rais broiler chikken ,oke they are for the first 2 weeks a litle scary but after that no problems.

And about 5 days ago havy raining thunder everythink ,all no problems,even the tractor was working next to the chikkken homes

Now i have first batch CP chikkens, and they are really strong.

Funny story from my youth

My father decided that a good investment would be to raise broilers to take advantage of the new interest in barbecuing at the time

So he rented a small patch of land and purchased a 100 chicks

First rainstorm the chicks looked up to the clouds, opened their mouths and proceed to drown

Needless to say he never invested in live stock again but at least my mother had a quick retort every time he came up with a new idea :whistling: and we had a funny family story to pass on :lol:

Funny story from my youth

My father decided that a good investment would be to raise broilers to take advantage of the new interest in barbecuing at the time

So he rented a small patch of land and purchased a 100 chicks

First rainstorm the chicks looked up to the clouds, opened their mouths and proceed to drown

Needless to say he nver invested in live stock again but at least my mother had a quick retort every time he came up with a new idea :whistling: and we had a funny family story to pass

This i not understand from you.

Your fhater need to rent land for 100 broilers.

And the chikken look up in the clouds? did he have no roof?

I take care 500 broilers in A SIMPEL chikken home about 36 sqaurmeter.

there i have 2 homes from ,in totall 1000 broilers.

But the trik its how 1 to feed the chikken.

If you feed tomuch ,and its hot then the chikkens have more chance for schok.

And so on .

Don't you ? So you believe that broilers will be profitable ? Good !!! It will be then... if you believe in it and your passion and effort to manage the farm and make it happen.

Infact to me every live stocks are profitable...Catfishes too, very profitable, made me rich~ :)

The pigs are very profitable now as the farmgate prices are sky rocketting, if you have pigs waiting to sell like me and the rest of the piggeries community here and outside the forum, i'll bet that you will be grinning yourself silly too. :lol:

Don't you ? So you believe that broilers will be profitable ? Good !!! It will be then... if you believe in it and your passion and effort to manage the farm and make it happen.

Infact to me every live stocks are profitable...Catfishes too, very profitable, made me rich~ :)

The pigs are very profitable now as the farmgate prices are sky rocketting, if you have pigs waiting to sell like me and the rest of the piggeries community here and outside the forum, i'll bet that you will be grinning yourself silly too. :lol:

Yes i wil say broilers make a good profit.

No smell schit like pork :bah: and the trik its only feeding.

The catfish its same a good profit,same the trik how to feeding and the control oxygen levels in the water.

But than i come back about pork , for schure one pork it wil cost you for feed 4500 bhat on feed when you want to rice him up to 100 kg that wil make 105 days.

Oke i know the price raise up,it wil be than for a pork 100 kg 6700 bhat oke .

Profit 2200 bhat wowwww and than this profit for 105 days, and happy smelling.

Oke than for making 10 porks 45000 investement for feed,and profit 22000 for more than 3 months> wowwww 7300 bhat profit fore one month.

Yes the pork prices they are high now but as we know not for long than we going back to the 58 bhat.

Than i come back about my broilers 40 days thye are finish each broiler about 1800 kg

My past posts that i've contributed, i've wrote that i used to do layers hen (3000 RIR Chickens) and boilers (3 strains combo broiler) farming in the past. Infact all live stock have smell, chicken excrete, catfishes' pond and yes pigs too, there are methods and ways to up keep their hygiene with due diligence and farm management...sadly not many Thai farmer are that dutiful.

The volatile prices and fluctuation are normal, that been said are due to many factors like feed prices, forwarding and supply and demand.

The art of raising live stocks doesn't center only about feeding schedule and oxygen level or smell. Many things come into play, like type of breed, eco-climate, temperature, capital funds, health care and supplement, care and welfare, diligence and farm management...and most important, an eye for details.

One good advise is not too put all the eggs in one nest, spread out the investment and integrate them, chickens... fishes... pigs... and plantation.

You mentioned you're raising 1000 broiler and complete cycle is 40 days, to me the logic is small profit x big volume x shorter grow out period.

Now think this of piggery farm of 300 pigs in 100 days, it is equal to big profit x big volume x longer grow out period + very nice smell (to me)...because if there's load of smelly shits for me to happily wash out everyday, could only mean they are eating well and growing ;)

From what i felt from your posts...It's just the case of "One man's meat is another man's poison" :)

P/S : you mean "...each broiler is 1800kg" or 18kg?... strange??? :lol:

Edited by RedBullHorn

My past posts that i've contributed, i've wrote that i used to do layers hen (3000 RIR Chickens) and boilers (3 strains combo broiler) farming in the past. Infact all live stock have smell, chicken excrete, catfishes' pond and yes pigs too, there are methods and ways to up keep their hygiene with due diligence and farm management...sadly not many Thai farmer are that dutiful.

The volatile prices and fluctuation are normal, that been said are due to many factors like feed prices, forwarding and supply and demand.

The art of raising live stocks doesn't center only about feeding schedule and oxygen level or smell. Many things come into play, like type of breed, eco-climate, temperature, capital funds, health care and supplement, care and welfare, diligence and farm management...and most important, an eye for details.

One good advise is not too put all the eggs in one nest, spread out the investment and integrate them, chickens... fishes... pigs... and plantation.

From what i felt in your posts...It's just the case of "One man's meat is another man's poison" :)

Yes redbullhorn that you have experience i see.

But i do it really everythink on the easy way, and it works.

Some people the are really strikt in farming like with supliments ,but some the spend and think to much .

I ad vitamines ,antibiotica everythink what we need.

And chikken schit smell no way, i put every week new rice skin in the chikken home,and when the chikken finish for kill ,than my woman sell the chikken schit to.

The catfish doing wel ,and really on the easy way and simpel

They are now 30 days old ,with a electrik 2 hp pump dfor circulate the water each day 2 houres.

And not feeding tomuch i have fore the night time a big light ,and manny insekts wil feeding for free.

I wil schow you some pictures tonight.

The bit about chickens or turkeys drowning in the rain is an old urban legend, and in two decades on a farm with no shortage of rain, I never saw a drowned bird.

http://www.snopes.com/critters/wild/turkey.asp

If they get a scare in a confined space they can trample and suffocate each other. In a case where a fox or skunk get into a pen full of chickens, they will rarely kill more than one, while dozens will pile up in a corner and suffocate. I can see a very violent storm causing this too, but they tend to just cluster together in a huddle when storms are on outside.

The bit about chickens or turkeys drowning in the rain is an old urban legend, and in two decades on a farm with no shortage of rain, I never saw a drowned bird.

http://www.snopes.co...wild/turkey.asp

If they get a scare in a confined space they can trample and suffocate each other. In a case where a fox or skunk get into a pen full of chickens, they will rarely kill more than one, while dozens will pile up in a corner and suffocate. I can see a very violent storm causing this too, but they tend to just cluster together in a huddle when storms are on outside.

Yes its true the post what you send.

But we working here outside nerly the chikken homes.

And like one week ago havy rainings thunders,fireworks,and no problems here.,the dogs slepping next to the chikken homes.

Feeding its the trik believe me.

And i started first time with 100 chikkens.

After that 300.

When you doing everythink in babysteps ,than you wil experience .