Cheapest Way To Call Overseas?

poochai

You haven't mentioned where you are calling to, but generally calling the US and EU is cheap with calling cards. 7-11 Convenience stores sells telephone cards, you get decent calling time with them. You may want to ask the locals which card is best for what country. Other stores might sell cheaper ones too. Some internet cafes have cheap internatioal call services too.

Max2010

Do you have a mobile here in Thailand? If you do and want to call the states just dial 0091 then the full telephone number including the area code it is so simple and cheap.009 gets you out 1 is the country code. Then it is just area code and phone number.

Thanks GB -- I do use Skype and Skype-out but the call quality is not always acceptable and sometimes my Internet is just plain down ... However one great thing about having Skype-out is that calls to '800' numbers in USA are free...

This easy-card may be the best tip I've garnered from your posts since I decided to start buying Meals-ready-to-eat with 3-year shelf life ...