I Wonder

eirikur3

A lot of the "old-timer" or "senior members" just have a bit of fun and don't take the General Forum seriously. If you do have some specific questions about some specific things then take a look at some of the other forums and I'm sure you will find them very informative and full of excellent advice and experience. I have personally used the DIY forum with great success as well as the computer/entertainment forum and the Issan forum. Not so many jokesters there. Take a look around, but take the General forum with a grain of salt. A lot like the Pub forum stuff.

mario299

Thanks, i understand.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know what

I have always found the information I want on here, and I am sure that most others will say the same. If you aren't getting the answers you want then perhaps you are asking the wrong questions, asking them in the wrong way or getting in a strop because you can't get exactly what you want when you want it.

You seem to have come on here expecting other to do your bidding exactly and without compromise. You are giving nonsensical replies that are not good natured because people aren't telling you what you want to hear. We don't work for this forum, we are here to catch up on news, seek information and generally <deleted> about. There's other forums that think this place is too serious, I wonder how you'd do over there!

Lighten up, stop taking everybody (including yourself) so seriously and you'll be just fine and get all the answers you need.

Carry on as you are and you'll become a subject of ridicule to many posters who will recognise you as an easy wind up, myself included.

Chill

You've been posting since 2006 and still haven't worked out how to ignore the trolls and the crap?

Go anywhere and try and have an intelligent conversation and you will get similar results (some good, some bad), but worse here because it's anonymous.

Thats right i use Thai visa on and off, but its not easy to know who is just here for fun and who answers , if he/she has the correct answers, i like to trust people generally.

You've been posting since 2006 and still haven't worked out how to ignore the trolls and the crap?

Go anywhere and try and have an intelligent conversation and you will get similar results (some good, some bad), but worse here because it's anonymous.

Thats right i use Thai visa on and off, but its not easy to know who is just here for fun and who answers , if he/she has the correct answers, i like to trust people generally.

If you can't tell the crap answers from the good answers, then you shouldn't be asking questions.

It's not like the crap answers are even close to being what you should be expecting. Just ignore them and you'll live a better life.

Look, I'm sorry already!

But in my defense: I haven't been posting on this site long and I certainly don't claim to know (nor frankly do I care) how other people view the posting on here but it seems to me that the whole point is that as long as you aren't being deliberately and gratuitously offensive it's up to you how seriously you want to take things and that it my vary from thread to thread depending on personal mood or whim and comments made on that thread.

It should go without saying that some subjects are serious and should be treated as such (though I can't say that even on a "serious" thread, a bit of humor is always out of place or such a terrible thing). And if someone is having some sort of crisis and seeking help or advice then people should be sensitive to that.

But a guy made a joke about cake. And I stupidly went along withexpanded on it for my own amsuement (believe me, I'm not so self-deluded as to think I amuse anyone else; just as I don't assume anyone is interested in my posts when I'm being serious). Is it so terrible for someone to amuse themselves as long as they haven't insulted anyone? Why not just ignore my totally useless post(s) and move along?

I'm not grumpy really (though I am jaded) but I definitely mean no harm.

Thanks, i can read that you wouldn't want to harm anyone, anyway a newbie that needed a visa could be harmed but some of the fools here, humour is ok but i do and hope others respect people that are advising just coz they want , not coz they know the right info. you are not one of those. So it come dowwn to Socrateses "WISEST IS THE ONE THAT KNOWS WHAHT HE/SHE DOES NOT KNOW"

Being facetious is not against ThaiVisa posting rules. Making jokes is not against ThaiVisa posting rules. Making what most others would consider as extremely stupid posts is not against ThaiVisa posting rules. So members who choose to go that route are certainly within their rights as agreed upon when they joined the forum.

Stupid posts are allowed??

Drats! I thought it was a requirement...

To the OP: your complaint is ridiglious. When I really needed it, I have found the site and its members helpful. For best results, do some basic research first, be specific, be polite, and don't expect miracles. Try giving back sometimes too.

I AM POLITE ALWAYS BUT, WHEN YOU CALL SOMEONE ridiglious. IS THAT THEN POLITE?

Being facetious is not against ThaiVisa posting rules. Making jokes is not against ThaiVisa posting rules. Making what most others would consider as extremely stupid posts is not against ThaiVisa posting rules. So members who choose to go that route are certainly within their rights as agreed upon when they joined the forum.

ITS REALLY NOT ABOUT RULES HERE BUT BEEING POLITE, AS A PERSON

To the OP: your complaint is ridiglious. When I really needed it, I have found the site and its members helpful. For best results, do some basic research first, be specific, be polite, and don't expect miracles. Try giving back sometimes too.

Why is it one many times gets un-polite replies to ones harmless questions (from even senior members) it is a hobby for some members here hehe perhaps i should make it my hobby to make others think this is not a serious site, why answer when you have only ridiglious things to say ? And nothing helpful?

Who is being impolite?

edit: and yelling (capitals) is impolite too.

Edited by whybother

I am always polite, and i wish only for serious answers, extreamly stupid is to tell a newbie that he can just go to cambodian border and get 1 year visa, wich he wont get , just an example. but if you want to play around with wrong info, yes thai visa allows that. have fun.

Why is it one many times gets un-polite replies to ones harmless questions (from even senior members) it is a hobby for some members here hehe perhaps i should make it my hobby to make others think this is not a serious site, why answer when you have only ridiglious things to say ? And nothing helpful?

Who is being impolite?

edit: and yelling (capitals) is impolite too.

Actually you've been casting aspersions on people's intelligence and maturity throughout this thread.

Is that polite?

To put this in perspective for all the people who seem to be taking this "issue" a bit seriously, here is the thread and my post that seems to be the one (or one of the ones) that has Erik upset and apparently some other people mildly indignant on his behalf:

Is there cake?

I am not interested unless there is cake.

Cake is a good foundation for a lasting friendship.

Ah in my opinion friendships start out of shared interests. Not always of course but its more common for 2 bar fly's to become friends then a bar fly and a tee to-taller. I made some friends during fishing and some acquaintances. Depends on the person but in general are people fishing easy to help others out and have some chit chat.

So...no cake?

I know. It's just awful, isn't it?

I'm so ashamed.

You know what

I have always found the information I want on here, and I am sure that most others will say the same. If you aren't getting the answers you want then perhaps you are asking the wrong questions, asking them in the wrong way or getting in a strop because you can't get exactly what you want when you want it.

You seem to have come on here expecting other to do your bidding exactly and without compromise. You are giving nonsensical replies that are not good natured because people aren't telling you what you want to hear. We don't work for this forum, we are here to catch up on news, seek information and generally <deleted> about. There's other forums that think this place is too serious, I wonder how you'd do over there!

Lighten up, stop taking everybody (including yourself) so seriously and you'll be just fine and get all the answers you need.

Carry on as you are and you'll become a subject of ridicule to many posters who will recognise you as an easy wind up, myself included.

Chill

Spot on

A mod (bonobo?) made a remark in general (about reading some stupid posts) and someone ends up taking it personally (neither stated nor implied)

I understand that some people are not native English speakers and that creates some issues in understanding, but really .... don't take yourself so seriously, and consider that things aren't always targeted at you, and you'll be fine.

Actually you've been casting aspersions on people's intelligence and maturity throughout this thread.

Is that polite?

I wasn't the one complaining about being impolite.

And I don't think I was "casting aspersions on people's intelligence and maturity throughout this thread."

I was questioning why one person couldn't see and ignore the obvious troll like posts after several years of posting.

To put this in perspective for all the people who seem to be taking this "issue" a bit seriously, here is the thread and my post that seems to be the one (or one of the ones) that has Erik upset and apparently some other people mildly indignant on his behalf:

Is there cake?

I am not interested unless there is cake.

Cake is a good foundation for a lasting friendship.

Ah in my opinion friendships start out of shared interests. Not always of course but its more common for 2 bar fly's to become friends then a bar fly and a tee to-taller. I made some friends during fishing and some acquaintances. Depends on the person but in general are people fishing easy to help others out and have some chit chat.

So...no cake?

I know. It's just awful, isn't it?

I'm so ashamed.

Christ on a bike.

You really should be afraid of yourself SteelJoe.

What flavour is the cake anyway? I'm not too keen on chocolate cake, perhaps an Almond cake instead?

Is that polite?

And I don't think I was "casting aspersions on people's intelligence and maturity throughout this thread."

I was questioning why one person couldn't see and ignore the obvious troll like posts after several years of posting.

I quoted the wrong post, sorry about that!

Is that polite?

I quoted the wrong post, sorry about that!

Accepted.

I agree. I don't understand why he is complaining about people not being polite. A mirror is required maybe?

Pls. read again i am not complaining, i am just concerned that newbies get wrong info, and dont realize the answer they got was. from a farang that has nothing else to do than guessing they are right.

That's me OK then.

Jokes are ok, but pls try to understand that newbis CAN MISUNDERSTAND, your answer. Rules mean nothing if the allow members to give wrong info.

I am always polite, and i wish only for serious answers, extreamly stupid is to tell a newbie that he can just go to cambodian border and get 1 year visa, wich he wont get , just an example. but if you want to play around with wrong info, yes thai visa allows that. have fun.

Pls. read again i am not complaining, i am just concerned that newbies get wrong info, and dont realize the answer they got was. from a farang that has nothing else to do than guessing they are right.

I'm confused.

That's me OK then.

Modding can be a tedious chore, but some of your posts and those of a few others (MrsMills comes to mind, for example) have broken the tedium and made me laugh out loud.

So why did you even read it or comment it , if you found it so stupid?

Yes i read it even if i thought it was stupid, i would never give wrong info, to anyone, it can be harmful to those who dont understand it.

Jokes are ok, but pls try to understand that newbis CAN MISUNDERSTAND, your answer. Rules mean nothing if the allow members to give wrong info.

Are you suggesting that people give deliberately incorrect answers?

Why didn't you say that in the OP?

That's me OK then.

Modding can be a tedious chore, but some of your posts and those of a few others (MrsMills comes to mind, for example) have broken the tedium and made me laugh out loud.

So why did you even read it or comment it , if you found it so stupid?

I ;posted it and no, i dont think its stupid, just naive.

Some scones, perhaps?

no...more...BAKERY ITEMS!

In the name of all that is holy - where is your humanity?!

(Ironically -- I don't even like freakin' cake.)

I like chocolate cake myself. I've never tasted freakin' cake.