Cancelling Boi Visa.

Uk national, living and working in Thailand for 18 months and was on BOI visa.

Left the company I was working with last Friday at which point they said they had cancelled the BOI immediately and I had 7 days to leave country.

I will be using non B with new company for the minute.

Old company have asked me to bring in my passport so they can cancel the stamp which makes me think they need the passport to cancel the visa?

I was unable to get in with the passport so far and now we are in song kran limbo.

Do they need the passport or can I stand them off until Monday before going to Laos as everywhere is closed.

Is there any real need for me to take the passport to them as there is no re-entry on it, surely it would be cancelled at the border?

So back to my original question then. "Is there any real need for me to take the passport to them (the company) as there is no re-entry on it, surely it would be cancelled at the border?"

NO, but you need to have your extension of stay canceled by whoever issued it and you could be technically on overstay. You need to leave country ASAP and arrange another visa.

With BOI, you use the onestop service: labour and immigration in one. The company has cancle the work permit anyway, so best just go and see the one stop service yourself and take care of it.

I have seen reports indicating that the one-stop service still gives 7 days to leave for free when you cancel there. You might be lucky and also get 7 days to leave.

So if immigration is closed for Song Kran then how can it be cancelled before Monday? If the company do not have the passport to take to immigration, which is closed anyway and cancel; can the company do it in their office?

So if immigration is closed for Song Kran then how can it be cancelled before Monday? If the company do not have the passport to take to immigration, which is closed anyway and cancel; can the company do it in their office?

Because of closure, the first working day (Monday) should be fine.

The company needs to write a letter to labour to have the work permit cancelled. You take a copy of that letter to immirgation to have the permission to stay cancelled. The letter states the day the employment will be terminated.

As it is the one-stop service center in your case, 1 letter to them will be enough. Best you take the letter yourself to them and cancel it.