Axa Insurance Thailand

SymS

I'm now in the process of applying for health and PA insurance with AXA insurance.

I've started to apply on the 16th of February 2011 and the process is amazingly long, as I have yet to receive my insurance policy. I have signed the exemption document and paid the yearly premium 4 weeks ago.

This all seems very unprofessional and now I worry if ever need to use the insurance the claim process will take forever.

Has any of you used AXA Insurance (Smart Care Executive) in Thailand ?

Thanks.

I finally got it on Monday. I did not go through a broker, but applied directly to AXA, maybe that one of the reason for the delay.

No, that would not be the cause of the delay. It is most likely attributable to one of the following reasons;

1. Verification of the information provided in the application.

2. Payment clearing.

If you answered yes to any of the health related questions, then depending upon the weighting given to the question,there is a strong likelihood that the underwriter would contact the health care facility or provider you gave in the details section. If the answers to the questions are not provided in a timely manner from the third party, it will delay the approval of the application for coverage. Also, the names of applicants are supposedly verified to prevent fraud. If you cannot be verified, then this can also cause a delay.

If you are concerned, use the email contact facility and make the inquiry. AXA Thailand is subject to the same client service standards as AXA elsewhere and you will get a response.

I finally got it on Monday. I did not go through a broker, but applied directly to AXA, maybe that one of the reason for the delay.

No, that would not be the cause of the delay. It is most likely attributable to one of the following reasons;

2. Payment clearing.

If you answered yes to any of the health related questions, then depending upon the weighting given to the question,there is a strong likelihood that the underwriter would contact the health care facility or provider you gave in the details section. If the answers to the questions are not provided in a timely manner from the third party, it will delay the approval of the application for coverage. Also, the names of applicants are supposedly verified to prevent fraud. If you cannot be verified, then this can also cause a delay.

If you are concerned, use the email contact facility and make the inquiry. AXA Thailand is subject to the same client service standards as AXA elsewhere and you will get a response.

Sorry but 'no' : 1 - the verification was done and dusted 4 weeks ago (which is why he had to sign the document to agree) and 2 - payment clearing does not take 4 week

Use a Broker !!

2. Payment clearing.

Sorry but 'no' : 1 - the verification was done and dusted 4 weeks ago (which is why he had to sign the document to agree) and 2 - payment clearing does not take 4 week

Use a Broker !!

And you know that the insurer verified the information and received a response because??????

I know that it took almost 2 months for my insurer to obtain an answer from an attending physician on one inquiry, so I'd be delighted to know how you were able to verify that the medical facilities responded quickly. Did you acces the OP's file at AXA?

2. Payment clearing.

Use a Broker !!

And you know that the insurer verified the information and received a response because??????

I know that it took almost 2 months for my insurer to obtain an answer from an attending physician on one inquiry, so I'd be delighted to know how you were able to verify that the medical facilities responded quickly. Did you acces the OP's file at AXA?

Quite simple : the insurer had already verified the information as quote " I have signed the exemption document and paid the yearly premium 4 weeks ago." The insurer would not have sent out the proposal to be signed if the information had not been verified.