Visa On Arrival Extension

My son and his girlfriend both came to Thailand on 30th March from Australia, and were given a free 30day visa on arrival stamp. They want to extend their visa for 2 weeks, beyond 28th April to cover their departure date of 9th May. Am I right in thinking that they can go into the local Nakhon Sawan Immigration office, pay 1900 baht and have an extension made for say 2 weeks to cover their extra stay. (Or maybe these visas are still free) Regards.

They do not have Visas on Arrival.

They have Visa exempt entry stamps.

The most they would get at Immigration would be 7 days (1,900 Baht) and would maybe need a departure ticket within those 7 days.

They need to leave the country and return to get 15 days. 30 days if returning by air.

They do not have Visas on Arrival.

They have Visa exempt entry stamps.

The most they would get at Immigration would be 7 days (1,900 Baht) and would maybe need a departure ticket within those 7 days.

They need to leave the country and return to get 15 days. 30 days if returning by air.

Thanks for that LB. So they can go Mae Sot, our nearest border point of entry, leave Thailand, enter Myanmar, walk back over the bridge, and re enter Thailand and get another 15 days visas exempt stamps. Cheers, Tim

Anywhere but Mae Sot actually, that border has been closed for about a year now. Mae Sai or any other international border you're close to will get you the 15 days visa exempt entry.

Thanks very much for that JD. I haven't been there for a while and didn't know. They are going to Changmai anyway, so Mai Sai it will be. Cheers, Tim