Stupid Me

Hey guys, just after a bit of advice on the the thia black list.

Last year i was caught with only 2 ecstasy tablets ( i know fukin stupid). After a few days in koh samui cells i paid alot of money and waited in thialand for 7 weeks until i was finally cleared to go. This was after leading guilty to the charges.

how will i find out if i am able to return to thialand or if i am on the black list.

Thaks alot guys and also thanks to the british embassy who were amazingat the job.

toddwahay

i cant answer your question re. blacklist, but i would be interested to know how much it cost to get out of the gaol on samui, how you were treated by the thai authorities and what sort of help you got from the british embassy.

cheers and good luck.

Were you deported? A guy I know was not deported after using his bail money to 'smooth the way' as we say. If you did this then you are not on a blacklist. If you were deported then the doc is right, apply for a tourist visa and see what happens. Also, I have heard the consulate in Hull is much nicer so you might want to give them a go rather than london.

Absolutely amazed that the British Embassy did any thing to help at all. They are not known to be the most ex-pat friendly of Embassies.

However 2 Ecstacy tabs or 200, can't believe people are still doing it here. Do you have a death wish?? After all the warnings and all the publicity. Quite honestly, THiS is just what law-abiding farangs do not need at the moment. Just makes life harder than it already is. No sympathy here.

Also, I have heard the consulate in Hull is much nicer so you might want to give them a go rather than london.

I don't think Hull is the answer here !

They may well be an easier option for a Visa,

But what toddwahay wants to know is if he is on the Black List

A Visa from The Thai Embassy in London is likely to

be a more sure indication of the situation.

The cost of bail was 9000 baht. The whole process including lawyer and over-stay charges ( 59 days at 200 baht a day, bercause the police would not give me my passport back), cost me around 800 pounds. The amount of money it cost to smooth things over just kept goin up and up as the police asked me for more and more.

Over all the authorities were pleasant but other people with similar experiences were not so lucky. Some een saw fit to esacape the coutry via the cambodian border.

The british embassy was very very helpful ( but i am not an expat, i am only 19 so the probably took pity on me). One lady even phoned the authorites to try and speed up my departure from the counrty. In the end she did and amazing job and she treated me so well. I owe her alot.

toddy

If you plan on coming back out here it may be wise to have an onward ticket to Cambodia. If you are BL'd and the Thai embassies haven't been notified then instead of BB airport Immigration sending you back home on the next flight, you'll still be able to have a holiday.

The cost of bail was 9000 baht. The whole process including lawyer and over-stay charges ( 59 days at 200 baht a day, bercause the police would not give me my passport back), cost me around 800 pounds. The amount of money it cost to smooth things over just kept goin up and up as the police asked me for more and more.

Over all the authorities were pleasant but other people with similar experiences were not so lucky. Some een saw fit to esacape the coutry via the cambodian border.

The british embassy was very very helpful ( but i am not an expat, i am only 19 so the probably took pity on me). One lady even phoned the authorites to try and speed up my departure from the counrty. In the end she did and amazing job and she treated me so well. I owe her alot.

toddy

And how did they catch you?

The 'normal' story where the seller is working with the police?

Thanks for reply.