Buffalo Meat

icecubes

yes... in TH sometime we eat Buffy's meat

sometime we want to buy beef(from cow) ... the seller cheat us and gives us Buffy's meat..

i might eat Buffy sometime (but i did not know)..

anyhow... i dont know why TH people think as ..."stupid as buffy" .. actually Buffy is cute , and smart enuf .... the stupidest person is a person who thinks buffy is a stupid animal

Bambi

Joked around with my gf - I eat buffalo. She didnt think it was none to funny.  :D

That’s what I mean.

Is it bad to eat this because of some superstition?

or for people from a particular region in Thailand?

And BambinA im sure Buffy don’t like to be dinner but

I would eat him, like the bugs, Frogs and other insects over here.

Thanks for the replys

Have a nice day :o

yes they eat buffalo; most of the younger healthier males are sold as meat animals instead of being kept as breeding stock....

in issan area they get a good price so i've heard from friends that keep some for selling the calves as meat...

tastes better then cow so they say

no food taboos for buddhist thais muslem thai dont eat pork

everyone eats according to what he likes to eat or believes (i have a stricter buddhist friend who doesnt eat beef etc but does eat fish since fish to her arent strictly like the 'higher' animals.... but considers herself vegetarian although from issan area and largely meat eating family

Only yesterday a pickup had an accident outside our home. They had a dead buffalo in the back and it had fallen on the road. The driver ended up selling half the buffalo to my Step-mum's family for a small price once the deal was done they cut the buffalo in half and took the insides out on the road :D

Then that night all the family tucked in to buffalo and rice....yummy :o

yes they eat buffalo; most of the younger healthier males are sold as meat animals instead of being kept as breeding stock....

in issan area they get a good price so i've heard from friends that keep some for selling the calves as meat...

everyone eats according to what he likes to eat or believes (i have a stricter buddhist friend who doesnt eat beef etc but does eat fish since fish to her arent strictly like the 'higher' animals.... but considers herself vegetarian although from issan area and largely meat eating family

I've eaten Laab Buffalo on Samui with some Issan girls, but several of my Thai friends would not only not eat buff or beef but not use any plates or cooking utensiles that had been contaninated by the meat.

I've eaten Laab Buffalo on Samui with some Issan girls, but several of my Thai friends would not only not eat buff or beef but not use any plates or cooking utensiles that had been contaninated by the meat.

Looks like I was right, yes they do eat buffalo meat

With a few exceptions.

Thanks for your views :o

There is something about eating buffalo and beef tho not sure of the details..

Wifey1 wouldnt eat beef and said she 'couldnt' assumed she meant an allergy thing.. Current GF also cant eat beef.. I figured that was statistically a bit odd so pushed and pushed her on the subject..

It seems she can physically eat beef but said it was unlucky.. further pressuring had her tell me about some female (IIRC) god / diety / superstition.. She said it was common amoung Thai chinese and may also have been common for the females.

Further questioning she spat the dummy and had a huff rather than explain logically.. Hence why my understanding is so vague.. Will see what she says when she comes home in a bit..

Ok.. That was like pulling teeth (presumably she feels funny about combineing Bhuddism and this.. I dont know.. Hard to get her to explain calmly though)..

The goddess is called 'Jaow Mare Guan Im' she says that in many chinese temples you will see a shrine to her.. When we go over to Phuket town for the vegetarian festival in the next week she will see if there is a shrine in the chinese temple and I will try for a pic..

Edited by LivinLOS

Ok.. That was like pulling teeth (presumably she feels funny about combineing Bhuddism and this.. I dont know.. Hard to get her to explain calmly though)..

The goddess is called 'Jaow Mare Guan Im' she says that in many chinese temples you will see a shrine to her.. When we go over to Phuket town for the vegetarian festival in the next week she will see if there is a shrine in the chinese temple and I will try for a pic..

Interesting, sounds like a superstition thing.

This can happen as stories are passed on down the family line.

Would like to know a bit more.

This could be why some get up tight about buffalo meat.

Post the pic of the goddess if you get the chance to take one.

Don’t fall out with the misses over it.

Some Thai's dont eat beef, which is why they may blanch at the suggestion of eating buffalo.

Think its an inherited thing from India, where cows are generally considered sacred, Seeing thats where buddhism comes from I'd guess thats where it comes from. Thats why there are so many pork burger type things in Mcdonalds (even though most Thai's think that the beef patty in a hamburger etc... is actually pork).

Interesting, sounds like a superstition thing.

This can happen as stories are passed on down the family line.

Would like to know a bit more.

This could be why some get up tight about buffalo meat.

Post the pic of the goddess if you get the chance to take one.

Don’t fall out with the misses over it.

I don't eat fried insects - is that a superstition thing?

Erm! Just my two cents worth. Thai people are not a “throw away society” (though one my be excused from thinking so when you see all the rubbish everywhere)

Some time ago on a notorious island the fighting buffalo of the owner of the bungalows where I had taken up residence was poisoned by a rival buffalo owner.

The owner of the poisoned buffalo, wishing to make the best of the situation wanted to sell the meat and also serve it up in the restaurant.

Luckily his wife who was a bit more savvy blocked the idea. So I believe.

Bon Apetite! :o

Erm! Just my two cents worth. Thai people are not a “throw away  society” (though one my be excused from thinking so when you see all the rubbish everywhere)

How true. I tried to get my lovely to throw away some spoilt milk for days... She just couldn't manage it :D

She gave it to her mother eventually :o